PDA

View Full Version : For Pat Moran--M.Lynch Potentially In Trouble

LifetimeBillsFan
01-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Pat, I know that you really like Marshawn Lynch as a potential replacement for Willis (I do too, if the Bills feel that they have to do that route), but this could change things.

Courtesy of a poster at nfldraftcountdown.com:

"OAKLAND -- A former girlfriend is accusing former Cal star running back Marshawn Lynch of domestic violence and sexual assault....

....Lynch's attorney Gerry Schwartzbach denies the allegations.

KCBS has confirmed the woman was granted a restraining order against Lynch Friday morning. Schwartzbach says Lynch was unaware of the court hearing and did not attend.

In her complaint, the woman alleges Lynch choked, slapped and sexually assaulted her in Oakland the night of December 13th. She filed the civil complaint on December 19th, according to court documents obtained by KCBS.

Shwartzbach says Lynch was at the woman's home with a friend that night, but denies that any violence or sexual assault took place. He says Lynch was questioned by police and is co-operating with investigators."
http://kcbs.com/pages/191060.php?contentType=4&contentId=296785

While it all could turn out to be bogus, this could be an issue that will impact how teams view Lynch's character and we all know how big a factor that can be for the Bills.

Throne Logic
01-27-2007, 01:31 AM
It pisses me off that they release the guy's name like this. It doesn't even look like they've filed any charges, for cripes sake. If there is hard evidence, then fine, file charges then release his name for "public awareness and safety". But a month after the fact, apparently without charges? That is defamation of character, plain and simple. This kid is going to suffer for it with loss of reputation and huge monitary losses if he drops in the draft. If he did it, fine, he deserves the fall and whatever else comes of it. However, by prematurely releasing his name, he may as well be branded guilty in the eyes of the general public.

jamze132
01-27-2007, 04:26 AM
Yeah it sounds like a money whore trying to get him to pay her to STFU. Probably a one night stand who fell in love with Lynch.

kernowboy
01-27-2007, 06:25 AM
or maybe he is just the latest in an ever lengthening line of NFL Scumbags ... no smoke without fire

Mitchy moo
01-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Time will tell this tale.

Night Train
01-27-2007, 06:52 AM
Either way, the big red flag was just placed next to his name. That doesn't fly with Levy and Jauron.

mayotm
01-27-2007, 08:05 AM
The Bills have a starting running back under contract for the 2007 season. Whether McGahee is somebody we think is anything other than average can certainly be debated. I suppose there is also the possiblity of a trade prior to the draft. However, as things stand right now, the Bills have more pressing needs to fill for next season.

patmoran2006
01-27-2007, 08:48 AM
1- that really.. REALLY SUCKS

2- Cant jump to conclusions-- but if this is even REMOTELY TRUE, then forget about it..

3- Even with Willis back this year, I thought this would be a great pick. I liked NE's RB tandem last year with power in Dillon and speed in Maroney. I thought it worked well. WE could've employed that this year and then let Willis walk after the year.

4- DAMN. I hope for his sake this turns out to be just some ***** after money

Don't Panic
01-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Either way, the big red flag was just placed next to his name. That doesn't fly with Levy and Jauron.

Very true, and the odds of seeing him in a Bills uniform were pretty slim before this story leaked anyway. The way this really hurts us is that someone may have taken him higher than we pick which would have possibly pushed a guy we wanted down to us. Let's hope some guys at positions we are set at really shine both today and in the coming months.

HHURRICANE
01-27-2007, 09:13 AM

"OAKLAND -- A former girlfriend is accusing former Cal star running back Marshawn Lynch of domestic violence and sexual assault....

KCBS has confirmed the woman was granted a restraining order against Lynch Friday morning. Schwartzbach says Lynch was unaware of the court hearing and did not attend.

In her complaint, the woman alleges Lynch choked, slapped and sexually assaulted her in Oakland the night of December 13th. She filed the civil complaint on December 19th, according to court documents obtained by KCBS.

Shwartzbach says Lynch was at the woman's home with a friend that night, but denies that any violence or sexual assault took place. He says Lynch was questioned by police and is co-operating with investigators."

While it all could turn out to be bogus, this could be an issue that will impact how teams view Lynch's character and we all know how big a factor that can be for the Bills.

At least with the guy we have now he just get's them pregnant and disappears.

ublinkwescore
01-27-2007, 09:41 AM
1- that really.. REALLY SUCKS

2- Cant jump to conclusions-- but if this is even REMOTELY TRUE, then forget about it..

3- Even with Willis back this year, I thought this would be a great pick. I liked NE's RB tandem last year with power in Dillon and speed in Maroney. I thought it worked well. WE could've employed that this year and then let Willis walk after the year.

4- DAMN. I hope for his sake this turns out to be just some ***** after money

If #4 happens to be the case, I think charges and a tort should be brought against her.

if she was in fact sexually assaulted, then throw the book at Lynch.

X-Era
01-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Pat, I know that you really like Marshawn Lynch as a potential replacement for Willis (I do too, if the Bills feel that they have to do that route), but this could change things.

This isnt enough to drastically change the Bills opinions to me. If teh allegations had more legs, maybe, but not just some woman claiming crap. This has the Duke case written all over it.