PDA

View Full Version : McGahee's Jersey used as a bar rag!

blackonyx89
01-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Who's heard about this? He gets what he deserves. If you don't like the Bills,leave or get yourself traded. Would you trade in your McGahee jersey for a $20 tab of drinks? I bet you would!!!!

:bandwagon

DynaPaul
01-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Hell, I couldn't even sell a McGahee autographed hat on Ebay for $5.

im4bflo
01-27-2007, 01:56 PM
His heart isn't in it, when he goes, it won't hurt much, he's no better than most of the RB's in the NFL. No where near a Cookie, Juice or Thurmanator!

patmoran2006
01-28-2007, 02:50 AM
Sad thing is my 4 year old son has a willis jersey.

of course, I didnt buy it for him.. HIs godfather did for xmas..

jamze132
01-28-2007, 02:59 AM
I have a Will McGahee jersey and I wear everyday so I can remember how much he means to this organization and the city of Buffalo!

j/k

I use it as a nutrag now.

kernowboy
01-28-2007, 07:09 AM
If the rest of the league see this then he actually has almost no trade value

Hopefully that will work to our advantage, in that the only way he will get a decent contract at the end of the 2007 season is to run hard. Hopefully Rosenhaus will tell him this, and if Marv is clever enough he will issue a no tag agreement, meaning Willis won't hold out, will have a good season and propel us forward.

At the end of 2007, I have no interest in retaining him because of his character but there is a stellar RB class in 2008 with Slaton, McFadden, Ray Rice, Albert Young, Jordan Stewart, the boy from Boise St, Felix Jones, Jamaal Charles, Kyle Bell and Lydell Hamilton all coming out. Hell we might be able to draft the RB of the future in R2 and they'd all be an upgrade especially if we have already addressed the OL, the FB, and the continued progression of JP

BlackMetalNinja
01-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Well it at least makes me glad I got an authentic for $40... hard to feel bad about that. Plus I can hopefully get the name changed if and when he leaves... I don't hate him quite as much as you all seem to though. I just wish he'd play up to his damn ability every game instead of every 5th game or so.

kernowboy
01-28-2007, 07:34 AM
I think hate is the wrong word - I think fed up, frustrated and ready to go our losses would be more apt.

The guy has got all the physical attributes to actually be one of the top3 RBs in the league but fails to deliver.

He is a 'me-first' guy always willing to blame others before looking at his own performance.

He clearly does not like Buffalo and gives the impression he wants to be on the first bus out of here as soon as he cans.

The possible off field character issues are merely adding fuel to the fire.

I would personally prefer to see a less talented athlete who is a team first guy willing to bring his game to every game, and be more reflective as to how good he actually is, looking to improve first rather than blame others, not looking to demand more money that his declining performances don't warrant, and looking to bring his enthusiasm to the team

For me he was out of here when he failed to show for the voluntary practices at the start of 2006. With a new coaching staff and regime in place, it exactly showed where he felt his priorities were. Compared this attitude with that of Mr Losman

cocamide
01-28-2007, 10:30 AM
If we still have him next year, I bet he does awesome because it is his contract year. He's dumb, but not ******ed. He knows what it takes to get payed, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has a real good year in 2007.

kernowboy
01-28-2007, 10:53 AM
If we still have him next year, I bet he does awesome because it is his contract year. He's dumb, but not ******ed. He knows what it takes to get payed, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has a real good year in 2007.

I totally agree. Thats why I think we should retain him. As it is he will have little trade value prior to the draft and if we deal with other offensive issues like better lineblocking for the pass and the run, a better No2 WR, then I think we could start a rookie in 2008 at RB and still have a 1000yds runner

Nighthawk
01-28-2007, 11:10 AM
"Diarrhea mouth" Willis is an average back at best...at least that is what he has shown during his time in Buffalo. If it were me, I'd try to trade him and get an extra pick in the draft this year. There are plenty of RB's in the draft that could gain 900 yds and 6 tds and not cause the headaches.

BAM
01-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Well it at least makes me glad I got an authentic for $40... hard to feel bad about that. Plus I can hopefully get the name changed if and when he leaves... I don't hate him quite as much as you all seem to though. I just wish he'd play up to his damn ability every game instead of every 5th game or so.
I was about to say the same thing.

I have an authentic McGahee jersey but I only paid $25 for it on ebay. :phew:

mybills
01-29-2007, 11:20 AM
If anyone wants to get rid of theirs, I'll take it.