All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

I don't know why everyone is panicing

Mar 18, 2006 @ Ottawa Senators Lost 4-2
    Mar 20, 2006 @ Atlanta Thrashers Lost 5-0
    Mar 22, 2006 Carolina Hurricanes Lost 4-3
    Mar 24, 2006 Ottawa Senators Lost 3-1
    Mar 25, 2006 @ Boston Bruins Lost 5-4
    Mar 27, 2006 @ New York Rangers Lost 5-4 (SO)
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: I don't know why everyone is panicing

And we didn't win the Cup, so what's your point?
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• SabreEleven
      • Aug 2002

His point is that every team goes through rough times during the regular season, but the Sabres put things back together in time for the playoffs. No need to attempt suicide just yet.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
        His point is that every team goes through rough times during the regular season, but the Sabres put things back together in time for the playoffs. No need to attempt suicide just yet.
        Folks, this is different. The team has played poorly for 2-months, not 6 games! What the hell are you guys watching?

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
          His point is that every team goes through rough times during the regular season, but the Sabres put things back together in time for the playoffs.
          No, because they didn't win the Cup.

I think we need to frame this issue in terms of the big picture. Speaking just for myself, my concern is whether this team is good enough to win the Cup. Obviously we're a playoff team, and at times we've looked like a Cup team. But for at least a month and a half -- longer than just a "slump" -- we haven't. And that's what's disturbing, because that is what should be the only goal. I want the Cup, and anything less is unacceptable.
          Just making the playoffs is unacceptable. Just going to the finals is unacceptable. Having the most points is irrelevant. I WANT THE CUP.

That's why I'm concerned.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Myers57
            Registered User and McLovin stunt double
            • Sep 2003

were you listening to Brad Riter on the postgame report last night?

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
              Folks, this is different. The team has played poorly for 2-months, not 6 games! What the hell are you guys watching?
              I'm watching a team(especially defense) that is afraid to get hit. It was one of the reasons we lost to Carolina last year. I'm watching an offense that expects teams to lay down for them because they are in first place. I'm watching a team that is floating until the playoff start. Ruff needs to get their attention.

I agree that they have played like crap in the last 2 months but I think one of the problems is that they won some of those games. Maybe if they had lost 5 or 6 games straight, it would have gotten people's attention sooner.

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

When a team comes out checking full force on us, WE ARE AFRAID!!!
                Vanek backs off more, as does Briere.. and then our players are afraid to skate hard into corners.

All a team has to do to beat us is check nonstop and tighten up at the blue line. No team is afraid of us anymore, everyone knows how to beat us now!

Look at the entire season and name me 10 games where the Sabres COMPLETELY dominated their opponent for more than 40 minutes.

This team doesnt know how to play a full game. When we have good 1st periods, we lose most of the time. When we have a bad 1st period we usually pick it up as the game goes on.

We have waited far too long for cup to finally come here. No loss is acceptable.
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

NOTE TO SABRES:

YOU'RE NOT THAT GREAT
                  “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                    When a team comes out checking full force on us, WE ARE AFRAID!!!
                    Vanek backs off more, as does Briere.. and then our players are afraid to skate hard into corners.

All a team has to do to beat us is check nonstop and tighten up at the blue line. No team is afraid of us anymore, everyone knows how to beat us now!

Look at the entire season and name me 10 games where the Sabres COMPLETELY dominated their opponent for more than 40 minutes.

This team doesnt know how to play a full game. When we have good 1st periods, we lose most of the time. When we have a bad 1st period we usually pick it up as the game goes on.

We have waited far too long for cup to finally come here. No loss is acceptable.

People were complaining about the EXACT SAME THINGS last year.

We're going to be okay.
                    "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                    We are the Rockpile
                    We are the Rockpile
                    BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABuffalo786
                      People were complaining about the EXACT SAME THINGS last year.
                      And we didn't win the Cup.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                        And we didn't win the Cup.

You're missing the point.

People are worried we're not going to turn it around and play like this until the playoffs. That's simply not the case.

Show me a hockey team (Cup winners included) that doesn't slump at least once during the season and I'll show you a team that doesn't exist.
                        "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                        We are the Rockpile
                        We are the Rockpile
                        BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABuffalo786
                          You're missing the point.

People are worried we're not going to turn it around and play like this until the playoffs. That's simply not the case.

Show me a hockey team (Cup winners included) that doesn't slump at least once during the season and I'll show you a team that doesn't exist.
                          I'm making the most relevant point. Whatever slumps we've had before are irrelevant because the goal is to do something we've never done before.

And playing .500 for a month and a half is more than a slump. That's long enough to consider how good this team really is. Maybe losing McKee and Grier hurt more than we thought. Maybe the rest of the league knows how to beat us.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                            I'm making the most relevant point. Whatever slumps we've had before are irrelevant because the goal is to do something we've never done before.

I don't care what anyone says, last year's club is a Cup winner if we even keep HALF the guys we lost to injury.

Any team short of an all-star squad is crippled by what happened to us last Spring.

This is the same team, if not better. So I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Last year's slumps are very relevant to what we're talking about now.

We are the Rockpile
                            We are the Rockpile
                            We are the Rockpile
                            BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

What's happening now is worse than a slump. A slump is an aberration. Something that goes on for a month and a half is enough to question whether it's an aberration.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X