X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I might be wrong about Okoye.

I still believe this kid's youth will hurt us however this is a pretty excellent argument.

"It's really unbelievable. He went out there and was knocking people around. He didn't look like he was 19," said Gruden, coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. "I've just got a tremendous amount of respect for him and how he's been raised. He's obviously a very smart guy to accelerate his academics the way he has. He may be young, but he is not lacking any physical attributes at this point."
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: I might be wrong about Okoye.

Love to see him as a Bill, however, his stock is soaring and that is not a good thing for Buffalo.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

Pretty damn impressive kid

Comment

• Nighthawk
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
        Pretty damn impressive kid
        Who the PHins have an excellent chance at getting in the draft...that would suck!

Comment

• Al13
          • Apr 2003

there are even rumors he might not get past tampa at #4

Comment

• Nighthawk
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Al13
            there are even rumors he might not get past tampa at #4
            Good point. Wouldn't surprise me...same thing happened with Cadillac Williams when Gruden coached the Senior Bowl last time.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i hope gruden drafts him and calvin johnson slips just a bit more.. and peterson might too.

the more middle to end 1st round guys that perform great, the more chance that a blue chip guy that has been a lock for the top 10 all along will drop.

ngata, suggs, lienart, just to name a few..
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                i hope gruden drafts him..

Yes!...Me too....

GO BILLS!!!!!!
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

I dont think Okoye will get past Miami..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

its possible dont think rice will be there this year or next

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I think GMs have to be very level headed about the draft. Levy, Modrak and the scouting staff will put their board together. At #12 they will has people targeted that they don't expect will be there at #12 and others they expect are more likely to be there. They can always trade up, but that is so expensive in terms of draft picks that it's a mistake more often than not. I like Okoye, though he probably would fit their need better if he can play at his junior weight of 312lbs rather than his weight as a senior (295lbs) or his weight at the senior bowl of 287 lbs.

If the Bills draft smart, they will get someone at #12 who will help the Bills even if it is a player at an area that is not as great a need as others. I think DT is a serious need because I'm not sure that Kyle Williams can much more than a rotation guy even though he was a pleasant surprise. But if Buffalo can get Jamaal Anderson, you're still better for it even though Buffalo is adequate at DE. You just have to fill your needs by other means
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                        I think GMs have to be very level headed about the draft. Levy, Modrak and the scouting staff will put their board together. At #12 they will has people targeted that they don't expect will be there at #12 and others they expect are more likely to be there. They can always trade up, but that is so expensive in terms of draft picks that it's a mistake more often than not. I like Okoye, though he probably would fit their need better if he can play at his junior weight of 312lbs rather than his weight as a senior (295lbs) or his weight at the senior bowl of 287 lbs.

If the Bills draft smart, they will get someone at #12 who will help the Bills even if it is a player at an area that is not as great a need as others. I think DT is a serious need because I'm not sure that Kyle Williams can much more than a rotation guy even though he was a pleasant surprise. But if Buffalo can get Jamaal Anderson, you're still better for it even though Buffalo is adequate at DE. You just have to fill your needs by other means
                        You are wise.

I'm also convinced Okoye could be a top DE, after watching him line up there in some of the drills, defeating his man with great technique and speed. That being said, we just have to await our turn at #12 and see how things fall.
                        The Indy combine will change some minds on players, which I think is dead wrong. You go by film and game day production. Not how they run around cones.

Does Erik Flowers, Mike Mamula, Jackie Shipp or last years must have, Broderick Bunkley, ring a bell ? Take the Indy combine at face value.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          i hope gruden drafts him and calvin johnson slips just a bit more.. and peterson might too.

the more middle to end 1st round guys that perform great, the more chance that a blue chip guy that has been a lock for the top 10 all along will drop.

ngata, suggs, lienart, just to name a few..
                          And they are cheaper than guys taken before. And to add to that, most 1st rounders sign contracts which are based in what the guy behind or in front of him gets. We had a problem with Donte missing a few practices do to this. Mid to lower 1st rounders generally sign first.

We can ensure we alwasy have mid to late 1st round picks by winning and not sucking ass.

Comment

Working...
                          X