PDA

View Full Version : This is the sport we love

camelcowboy
01-28-2007, 03:38 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/232346,CST-NWS-field28.article

NFL says bears can't have fans watch the superbowl at Soilder field, because it may waterdown superbowl television ratings.

mikemac2001
01-28-2007, 03:55 PM
More and more i dislike the NFL

ICE74129
01-28-2007, 04:08 PM
I am very close to just watching college ball

LtFinFan66
01-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Gotta justify the outrageous cost per 30 seconds of commercial time

hammerbillsfan
01-28-2007, 04:26 PM
60,000 people is really going to water down the millions of people watching the SB.

:rolleyes:

LtFinFan66
01-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Just make them promise to leave their TV's on the proper channel when they leave for Soldier Field :up:

cordog
01-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Pretty soon the NFL will try to charge everyone who has more than 1 other person in his household watching the game because it "waters down" the ratings. Absoluetly pathetic move by the league. This league is so arrogant. They think they can do whatever they want and get away with it because people will still come back. These new young owners care more about making 1 extra buck than trying to keep their fan base happy and attract more people who will in turn spend some more $ on this league.

cordog
01-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Just make them promise to leave their TV's on the proper channel when they leave for Soldier Field :up:

Just make sure no Neilson families are in attendance.

cordog
01-28-2007, 04:32 PM
"It also notes that all of its post-season games are on free over-the-air broadcasts -- an offering made possible because of high TV ratings, the league said."
How many of you would actually pay for any post season games if the Bills were not there???
I sure as hell wouldnt. I spend enough on season tickets, etc.

PECKERWOOD
01-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Who knows, I'm getting sick of this type of **** as well. The Bears can't have their fans watch them play at Soldier field? Why the hell can't they? The NFL needs to stop being so God damn greedy or I will vow to never again spend money on them.

Tatonka
01-28-2007, 05:41 PM
i really dont care.

YardRat
01-28-2007, 05:46 PM
"It also notes that all of its post-season games are on free over-the-air broadcasts -- an offering made possible because of high TV ratings, the league said."
How many of you would actually pay for any post season games if the Bills were not there???

Unless, of course, the game doesn't sell out 72 hours before kick-off, then the black-out rule kicks in for the home fan base.

lordofgun
01-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Makes sense to me! I love the NFL more than ever!

LtFinFan66
01-28-2007, 05:50 PM
:rofl:

DynaPaul
01-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Stupid. Why don't they just get a head count of who's at Soldier Field and then add that number to the ratings?

Dee dee dee!

Mski
01-28-2007, 10:15 PM
i cant find a link to the story, but a local radio station was reporting that the No Fun League is also banning tailgating within a one mile radius of the superbowl

Typ0
01-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I don't blame the NFL the ratings data is collected at the household level and they wanted to charge fees in chicago as well. as it is they are going to open their parking lots and charge the regular parking fee.

Dozerdog
01-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Makes sense to me! I love the NFL more than ever!

:rofl:

Attaboy LoG!!! :up:

BTW- did you have fun at Jillians?

LtBillsFan66
01-28-2007, 11:28 PM
I blame the idiots at Nielsen.

Throne Logic
01-29-2007, 02:10 AM
You'd think they would just plug in a ratings box for the JumboTron.

Household Number = "Approximately 60,000"

Don't they consider that most of those people who would go to the stadium won't be home anyway? I have to believe they'll be out at bars or at one Superbowl party or another.

I bet everyone in Chicago unplugs the ratings box for the Superbowl just to piss off the NFL.

PECKERWOOD
01-29-2007, 02:37 AM
You'd think they would just plug in a ratings box for the JumboTron.

Household Number = "Approximately 60,000"

Don't they consider that most of those people who would go to the stadium won't be home anyway? I have to believe they'll be out at bars or at one Superbowl party or another.

I bet everyone in Chicago unplugs the ratings box for the Superbowl just to piss off the NFL.

Stupid thing is, is that they could be making money by selling food, beer and parking tix to these guys, this move makes no sense. Plus, somebody already stated it earlier, if these 60,000 are not at Soldier field, chances are they will be at bars and other house holds.

jamze132
01-29-2007, 03:36 AM
It's really gay that the Bears can't charge people to watch the Super Bowl at their own fraking stadium. What the hell is wrong with people?

Maybe it has to do with a contract or something, I dunno. But's it's gay.

BillsFever21
01-29-2007, 04:28 AM
The NFL is gonna make it against the law to have SB parties or bars carry the game. Everyone must sit at the house they list as their home and watch the game. If you are caught at another house that is viewing the SB you could face criminal charges.

jamze132
01-29-2007, 05:39 AM
The NFL is gonna make it against the law to have SB parties or bars carry the game. Everyone must sit at the house they list as their home and watch the game. If you are caught at another house that is viewing the SB you could face criminal charges.
In due time, my friend.

Michael82
01-29-2007, 09:16 AM
i cant find a link to the story, but a local radio station was reporting that the No Fun League is also banning tailgating within a one mile radius of the superbowl
:ill:

Michael82
01-29-2007, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't put it past the greedy money hungry pieces of ****. :ill:

Either that or it will be on pay per view. :puke:

Stewie
01-29-2007, 09:23 AM

I would like to note that their product is made possible because of my tax dollars.

This is absurd.

Gunzlingr
01-29-2007, 09:26 AM
I am very close to just watching college ball

Please do, it would make all of our lives more enjoyable.

BillsNick
01-29-2007, 11:20 AM
No tailgating within 1 mile of the stadium.

Unbelievable. :cynic:

camelcowboy
01-29-2007, 11:22 AM
They want the NFL fans at the superbowl to press their dockers before the game. No pants with a crease, no sports jacket no admission.

Typ0
01-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Stupid. Why don't they just get a head count of who's at Soldier Field and then add that number to the ratings?

Dee dee dee!

because there would be no way to associate the household data.

redeye5
01-29-2007, 12:30 PM
NO
FUN
LEAGUE

Gunzlingr
02-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Add one more....

NFL won't let church show game
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The NFL has nixed a church's plans to use a wall projector to show the Colts-Bears Super Bowl game, saying it would violate copyright laws.
NFL officials spotted a promotion of Fall Creek Baptist Church's "Super Bowl Bash" on the church Web site last week and overnighted a letter to the pastor demanding the party be canceled, the church said.
Initially, the league objected to the church's plan to charge a fee to attend and that the church used the license-protected words "Super Bowl" in its promotions.
Pastor John D. Newland said he told the NFL his church would not charge anyone and that it would drop the use of the forbidden words.
But the NFL objected to the church's plans to use a projector to show the game, saying the law limits it to one TV no bigger than 55 inches.
The church will likely abandon its plans to host a Super Bowl party.
"We want to be supportive of our local team," Newland said. "For us to have all our congregation huddled around a TV that is big enough only for 10 or 12 people to watch just makes little sense."
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league's long-standing policy is to ban "mass out-of-home viewing" of the Super Bowl. An exception is made for sports bars and other businesses that show televised sports as a part of their everyday operations.
"We have contracts with our (TV) networks to provide free over-the-air television for people at home," Aiello said. "The network economics are based on television ratings and at-home viewing. Out-of-home viewing is not measured by Nielsen."
It is also the reason no mass viewings are planned in large arenas like the RCA Dome or Conseco Fieldhouse.
Newland said his church won't break the law.
"It just frustrates me that most of the places where crowds are going to gather to watch this game are going to be places that are filled with alcohol and other things that are inappropriate for children," Newland said. "We tried to provide an alternative to that and were shut down."
Other Indiana churches said they are deciding whether they should go through with their Super Bowl party plans, given the NFL's stance.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2006/02/01/bc.fbn.superbowl.church.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

hammerbillsfan
02-01-2007, 01:47 PM
But the NFL objected to the church's plans to use a projector to show the game, saying the law limits it to one TV no bigger than 55 inches.

Say I have a 60 inch plasma and I hold a party, am I ****ed then? :rolleyes:

DraftBoy
02-01-2007, 01:55 PM
#1. Who cares? I dont, all these people are still going to watch the game
#2. Anybody who said they are going to stop spending money on the NFL, stop watching the NFL are full of it
#3. The church thing is pretty nit picky, but when you are the most successfully run sports business in the US, you make the rules, and everybody just follows.

LtBillsFan66
02-01-2007, 03:25 PM
because there would be no way to associate the household data.
What % of the 60,000 do you think contribute to Neilson ratings?

RockStar36
02-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I see that the NFL is being stupid about this but seriously, who the hell wants to watch the Super Bowl in freezing weather on a big scoreboard? Just go to a bar or something.