X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Would it be Crazy to take a WR at 12??

Now i know we have a stable of Wr's but we have 2 number 3's and a 3 that really is a 4 in Reed, we dont have a big game breaker like Jarrett or WR's like him, I am all for taking a DT but according to early publications it is thin here and the same talent in the 1st might be available in all the rounds. OL is also worth watching but if Pennington and Peters are the answer then it is guard and Center that could be had in the later rounds 3-5, Now how do u improve a young QB surround him with Offensive threats BIG red zone targets, a true receiving TE, then we got something

So no i wouldnt object to a WR goin here or in the 2nd round...
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Would it be Crazy to take a WR at 12??

we definitely need a receiver, but I think we need LB and DT help more. I hope Levy didn't go to the Matt Millen School of General Management.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

I couldnt agree more, but LB could be solved with TKO, Crowell and Ellison, DT if the 2-3 guys go before we pick i dont think we waste this spot on a second teir DT, all i am sayin is this is also as big a need as LB and DT in my opinion
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• alohabillsfan
        • Sep 2003

Personally, I would love to see us trade down with Denver to 21 for both of their 3rd round picks (6 and21)! This draft along with most drafts have great value at the 2 and 3rd rounds! We need picks to fill holes and upgrade! Here is my ultimate draft day!

Here is my take and I will add Fa at the end...

Round 1 trade down with Denver at 21 in return for the 6th (70) and 21st (85) pick in the 3rd round (the 6th is from Wash in the 3 way trade with Atl).

Stay with me now!

21st pick.... Trade down with TB for their 2nd rd pick (36) and their 3rd rd pick (68)!

OK Now we can draft!!!!

Pick 36 DE Carriker Nebraska (can move to inside on passing downs)
        Pick 44 LB Siler UF Fills void left by Fletcher
        *Pick 68 RB Hunt Penn St Replaces Willis
        *Pick 70 OG Satele Hawaii New RG
        Pick 76 OT Free N. Ill New RT
        *Pick 85 DT Thomas UF First round talent needs to mature!
        Pick 108 WR Trannon Mich ST Huge target (6'6" 227 with speed) needs grooming!
        Pick 172 FB McClain Alabama Replaces Shelton, Great blocker with hands!
        Pick 204 CB Gay Louisville Sleeper could be dime in

* Denotes extra pick!

FA (1) Vet CB, (1) Vet OLB

Resign Gandy, A-Train, K. Thomas, Hardgrove

Trade Willis for 2nd round pick in 2008 with the possibility of it becoming a first rounder based on signing a new contract and and performance!

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Here is my take, #2 should be a FA. if we draft a WR at #12 He is not only going to expect to be a #1 WR by his 4th year and leave (if he isnt' already complaining) and is going to expect to get #12 pick money.

We have our #1 WR. I would not take ANY WR In this draft over lee evans period. and if you do, you need to re think your position. Lee is a PROVEN #1 WR in this league that hasn't even come close to reaching his potential yet.

So just say no to WR at #12

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Certifiably.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

Well the way i look at it it sure does work for the Colts havin two #1's and if u think your line is good enough with an addition or two, i cant see how it hurts, Ice u r talkin worst case scenario and i respect what u r sayin cause in alot of cases u r right, Also FA wr would be nice but who, Drew Bennett would be the only one i could see spending money on...
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

No it would not. We are stuck in a very difficult posistion of having to probably either pray somebody falls to us, or reach for a pick. However that being said there are only 2 WR's Id take at 12, CJ or DJ. Ted Ginn Jr, I wouldnt take in round 2, to show how much I care for his "skills".

Likely picks at this point are;
                DE Anderson-Need to Drop
                DT Okoye-Reach
                LB Willis-Shooting up charts, so its hard to plot
                CB Hall/Revis-Reaches
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Say Jarret is sittin there, he is everything we need in a WR to cattapult us from no playoffs to playoffs,or talent of his caliber i should say, i am all for shoring up the lines but do u spend the 12th pick on a guard or center, or develop another RT, or see what u got in Pennington and Butler, that is why u gotta look skill here i think may it be CB, WR, TE, or DE, DT just doesnt have the players comin out this year unless Branch falls
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

I like your posts but a huge no to taking a receiver at #12.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

I think it needs to be defense, but if Jarrett were there, I'd be awfully tempted.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

Marv is not affraid to "reach"
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          No it would not. We are stuck in a very difficult posistion of having to probably either pray somebody falls to us, or reach for a pick. However that being said there are only 2 WR's Id take at 12, CJ or DJ. Ted Ginn Jr, I wouldnt take in round 2, to show how much I care for his "skills".

Likely picks at this point are;
                          DE Anderson-Need to Drop
                          DT Okoye-Reach
                          LB Willis-Shooting up charts, so its hard to plot
                          CB Hall/Revis-Reaches
                          Personally I go willis 100% If he is not there, trade down immediately. Thoughts?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

do u really invest a 12thpick overall on a LB when u got so much money tied up with TKO and Crowell, i would luv Willis, but i am thinking we will take a CB, the reasoen for the post was to think if anyone would want to take a WR at 12, my opinion it will be a CB or a DT
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

We have an elite receiver in Evans, and some decent depth behind him. There are equally important positions on this team - DT, LB (I'm not sure that Crowell has reached elite status), CB (if Nate leaves), RB (Willis is not all that great) and OL (not sure even Peters has reached an All Pro level) - where we lack even one elite player. Not to mention TE and FB, where we suck, but won't waste a 1st rounder.

I'd take a player at several positions at 12 - including RB - before I'd go WR.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X