PDA

View Full Version : Would it be Crazy to take a WR at 12??

bigbub2352
01-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Now i know we have a stable of Wr's but we have 2 number 3's and a 3 that really is a 4 in Reed, we dont have a big game breaker like Jarrett or WR's like him, I am all for taking a DT but according to early publications it is thin here and the same talent in the 1st might be available in all the rounds. OL is also worth watching but if Pennington and Peters are the answer then it is guard and Center that could be had in the later rounds 3-5, Now how do u improve a young QB surround him with Offensive threats BIG red zone targets, a true receiving TE, then we got something

So no i wouldnt object to a WR goin here or in the 2nd round...

OpIv37
01-29-2007, 09:47 AM
we definitely need a receiver, but I think we need LB and DT help more. I hope Levy didn't go to the Matt Millen School of General Management.

bigbub2352
01-29-2007, 09:50 AM
I couldnt agree more, but LB could be solved with TKO, Crowell and Ellison, DT if the 2-3 guys go before we pick i dont think we waste this spot on a second teir DT, all i am sayin is this is also as big a need as LB and DT in my opinion

alohabillsfan
01-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Personally, I would love to see us trade down with Denver to 21 for both of their 3rd round picks (6 and21)! This draft along with most drafts have great value at the 2 and 3rd rounds! We need picks to fill holes and upgrade! Here is my ultimate draft day!

Here is my take and I will add Fa at the end...

Round 1 trade down with Denver at 21 in return for the 6th (70) and 21st (85) pick in the 3rd round (the 6th is from Wash in the 3 way trade with Atl).

Stay with me now!

21st pick.... Trade down with TB for their 2nd rd pick (36) and their 3rd rd pick (68)!

OK Now we can draft!!!!

Pick 36 DE Carriker Nebraska (can move to inside on passing downs)
Pick 44 LB Siler UF Fills void left by Fletcher
*Pick 68 RB Hunt Penn St Replaces Willis
*Pick 70 OG Satele Hawaii New RG
Pick 76 OT Free N. Ill New RT
*Pick 85 DT Thomas UF First round talent needs to mature!
Pick 108 WR Trannon Mich ST Huge target (6'6" 227 with speed) needs grooming!
Pick 172 FB McClain Alabama Replaces Shelton, Great blocker with hands!
Pick 204 CB Gay Louisville Sleeper could be dime in

* Denotes extra pick!

FA (1) Vet CB, (1) Vet OLB

Resign Gandy, A-Train, K. Thomas, Hardgrove

Trade Willis for 2nd round pick in 2008 with the possibility of it becoming a first rounder based on signing a new contract and and performance!

ICE74129
01-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Here is my take, #2 should be a FA. if we draft a WR at #12 He is not only going to expect to be a #1 WR by his 4th year and leave (if he isnt' already complaining) and is going to expect to get #12 pick money.

We have our #1 WR. I would not take ANY WR In this draft over lee evans period. and if you do, you need to re think your position. Lee is a PROVEN #1 WR in this league that hasn't even come close to reaching his potential yet.

So just say no to WR at #12

Jan Reimers
01-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Certifiably.

bigbub2352
01-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Well the way i look at it it sure does work for the Colts havin two #1's and if u think your line is good enough with an addition or two, i cant see how it hurts, Ice u r talkin worst case scenario and i respect what u r sayin cause in alot of cases u r right, Also FA wr would be nice but who, Drew Bennett would be the only one i could see spending money on...

DraftBoy
01-29-2007, 11:43 AM
No it would not. We are stuck in a very difficult posistion of having to probably either pray somebody falls to us, or reach for a pick. However that being said there are only 2 WR's Id take at 12, CJ or DJ. Ted Ginn Jr, I wouldnt take in round 2, to show how much I care for his "skills".

Likely picks at this point are;
DE Anderson-Need to Drop
DT Okoye-Reach
LB Willis-Shooting up charts, so its hard to plot
CB Hall/Revis-Reaches

bigbub2352
01-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Say Jarret is sittin there, he is everything we need in a WR to cattapult us from no playoffs to playoffs,or talent of his caliber i should say, i am all for shoring up the lines but do u spend the 12th pick on a guard or center, or develop another RT, or see what u got in Pennington and Butler, that is why u gotta look skill here i think may it be CB, WR, TE, or DE, DT just doesnt have the players comin out this year unless Branch falls

HHURRICANE
01-29-2007, 12:24 PM
I like your posts but a huge no to taking a receiver at #12.

Philagape
01-29-2007, 01:25 PM
I think it needs to be defense, but if Jarrett were there, I'd be awfully tempted.

casdhf
01-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Marv is not affraid to "reach"

ICE74129
01-29-2007, 01:57 PM
No it would not. We are stuck in a very difficult posistion of having to probably either pray somebody falls to us, or reach for a pick. However that being said there are only 2 WR's Id take at 12, CJ or DJ. Ted Ginn Jr, I wouldnt take in round 2, to show how much I care for his "skills".

Likely picks at this point are;
DE Anderson-Need to Drop
DT Okoye-Reach
LB Willis-Shooting up charts, so its hard to plot
CB Hall/Revis-Reaches

Personally I go willis 100% If he is not there, trade down immediately. Thoughts?

bigbub2352
01-29-2007, 02:17 PM
do u really invest a 12thpick overall on a LB when u got so much money tied up with TKO and Crowell, i would luv Willis, but i am thinking we will take a CB, the reasoen for the post was to think if anyone would want to take a WR at 12, my opinion it will be a CB or a DT

Jan Reimers
01-29-2007, 02:19 PM
We have an elite receiver in Evans, and some decent depth behind him. There are equally important positions on this team - DT, LB (I'm not sure that Crowell has reached elite status), CB (if Nate leaves), RB (Willis is not all that great) and OL (not sure even Peters has reached an All Pro level) - where we lack even one elite player. Not to mention TE and FB, where we suck, but won't waste a 1st rounder.

I'd take a player at several positions at 12 - including RB - before I'd go WR.

DraftBoy
01-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Personally I go willis 100% If he is not there, trade down immediately. Thoughts?

My personal choice in Anderson in the DE, we need a true all around DE. We severly lack one, I did a run defense comparison about 2 weeks back. Youd have to search for the thread. We gave up more ypc on outside carries than we did on inside carries.

ICE74129
01-29-2007, 02:33 PM
do u really invest a 12thpick overall on a LB when u got so much money tied up with TKO and Crowell, i would luv Willis, but i am thinking we will take a CB, the reasoen for the post was to think if anyone would want to take a WR at 12, my opinion it will be a CB or a DT

Yes. I do so in a heartbeat. TKO isn't going to be here long you can almost take that to the bank. not only that ILB is vital in the cover 2. We need to greatly upgrade the pure athleticism there.

We arn't going CB. We drafted yobotay to replace Clements this last year, IMHO. Also I feel we will bring in a guy like harper to battle him for the spot.

In the Tampa 2 Linebackers and Safetys are much more important than CB. I feel we have the safetys, but We are lacking TWO LB's and a 1 gap DT to make this work

bigbub2352
01-29-2007, 02:34 PM
I agree with the RB, FB,TE, and DT or DE but i dont think we are fine at WR, i think a pick needs to be made somewhere on day 1 for a number 2 WR, not to mention a Guard and Center

ICE74129
My personal choice in Anderson in the DE, we need a true all around DE. We severly lack one, I did a run defense comparison about 2 weeks back. Youd have to search for the thread. We gave up more ypc on outside carries than we did on inside carries.

I agree the kid from Nebraska possibly did more to help himself this week than anyone. but what about hargrove at LDE? ILB just worries the heck outta me unless you got a cat that you feel can do the job come #12 in the 2nd round for us?

DraftBoy
We have an elite receiver in Evans, and some decent depth behind him. There are equally important positions on this team - DT, LB (I'm not sure that Crowell has reached elite status), CB (if Nate leaves), RB (Willis is not all that great) and OL (not sure even Peters has reached an All Pro level) - where we lack even one elite player. Not to mention TE and FB, where we suck, but won't waste a 1st rounder.

Who will you be taking at DT, LB, CB, and RB? This draft is very VERY light up top. Anybody we take at that point aside from a guy who has falled will likely be a reach. Hall, Okoye, Willis, Pols, are all considered reaches at this point (tho Willis is jumping up draft boards). I know Marv is not afraid to reach but we have a need for a big #2 to give JP more weapons. If DJ falls and nobody is there worth his talent, we take DJ and kill a need and take BPA.

DraftBoy
01-29-2007, 02:35 PM
I agree the kid from Nebraska possibly did more to help himself this week than anyone. but what about hargrove at LDE? ILB just worries the heck outta me unless you got a cat that you feel can do the job come #12 in the 2nd round for us?

Adam Carriker DE from Nebraska...great size, good potential...Im still waiting on the combine...I honestly didnt see much of him, your the Big 12 buff, not me.

2nd Round MLB Brandon Siler from UF. May be the best MLB in the draft when all is said and done.

bigbub2352
01-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Lets face it we need a #2WR, #1TE, #1FB, #1G,#1C,#1DT,#1DE#1LB, so i guess we r lookin at best player available,jj,but seriously i dont like the CB in the first round i think that is what Marv might be targeting if his DLine is not there, i think we need a TE,or OLine or DLine as first pick, nothing else,

DraftBoy
01-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Lets face it we need a #2WR, #1TE, #1FB, #1G,#1C,#1DT,#1DE#1LB, so i guess we r lookin at best player available,jj,but seriously i dont like the CB in the first round i think that is what Marv might be targeting if his DLine is not there, i think we need a TE,or OLine or DLine as first pick, nothing else,

Here is the candidate I like at everyone of those posistions (feasible or not):
WR: DJ
TE: Zach Miller
FB: Brian Leonhard
OG: Josh Beekman
OC: Nick Jones
DT: Marcus Thomas
DE: Jamaal Anderson
ILB: Brandon Siler

ICE74129
01-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Adam Carriker DE from Nebraska...great size, good potential...Im still waiting on the combine...I honestly didnt see much of him, your the Big 12 buff, not me.

2nd Round MLB Brandon Siler from UF. May be the best MLB in the draft when all is said and done.

I really like Carriker. He has a 'high motor' but has more pure athleticism than the high motor guys we have brought in, in the past. But I like your DE choice as well.

You know I forgot all about that guy from UF, you are right, he graduates and comes here all summer and I have NO Issues with him starting.

so we take your DE with #12, Pick up Scott from Chicago to man the 1 tech, and take Siler in the 2nd. Hummmm...sounds like a damn solid plan to me :bandwagon

Now, do we package our #3 and Willis for a high 2nd and take a RB? hummmmm....

Jan Reimers
01-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Who will you be taking at DT, LB, CB, and RB? This draft is very VERY light up top. Anybody we take at that point aside from a guy who has falled will likely be a reach. Hall, Okoye, Willis, Pols, are all considered reaches at this point (tho Willis is jumping up draft boards). I know Marv is not afraid to reach but we have a need for a big #2 to give JP more weapons. If DJ falls and nobody is there worth his talent, we take DJ and kill a need and take BPA.
That's sort of my thinking in reverse. I can't see a receiver left at 12 who will be worth that high a pick.

DraftBoy
01-29-2007, 02:55 PM
That's sort of my thinking in reverse. I can't see a receiver left at 12 who will be worth that high a pick.

Dwayne Jarrett? Will he be there no guarantee, but he's a top 15 pick.

Ron Burgundy
01-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Dwayne Jarrett? Will he be there no guarantee, but he's a top 15 pick.

Top 20, anyways...his speed is a question mark, and some teams think he's got some character problems.

I don't mind Jarrett, but he's not my first option at this point.

Again, though, it's far too early to say, without even having seen what free agency brings us, the combine, etc.

YardRat
01-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm on the BPA bandwagon this year, regardless of position.

Ron Burgundy
01-29-2007, 04:36 PM

There are some interesting players at WR who will be available under the first round. I'd like to see Randy Meachem or Anthony Gonzales in Buffalo, and they're probably second rounders or so. Who knows, we haven't even played the Super Bowl yet.

PECKERWOOD
01-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Damn, I've never seen so much disagreement on what we should draft with our first rounder.. That's either a really good thing, or a really bad thing.

Jan Reimers
01-30-2007, 05:58 AM
I guess my question is: Even though we need a number 2 receiver, is that need worth a high 1st round pick, when we really don't, or won't, have a number 1 DT, MLB, RB, or CB?

X-Era
01-30-2007, 06:02 AM
Now i know we have a stable of Wr's but we have 2 number 3's and a 3 that really is a 4 in Reed, we dont have a big game breaker like Jarrett or WR's like him, I am all for taking a DT but according to early publications it is thin here and the same talent in the 1st might be available in all the rounds. OL is also worth watching but if Pennington and Peters are the answer then it is guard and Center that could be had in the later rounds 3-5, Now how do u improve a young QB surround him with Offensive threats BIG red zone targets, a true receiving TE, then we got something

No!

kernowboy
01-30-2007, 06:51 AM
We shouldn't pick Jarrett. He may be great at college level for USC but he lacks speed. There are big WRs coming out next year who have Jarrett's size and speed.

I think our best option is to trade down and get an extra pick. Whilst we look at FA, most of the top players WILL get tagged so I would rather build in the draft - I think that we definitely need a LB and a 1-tackle, possibly a OL guy who can play both LG and be cover for LT in case Peters got injured, a CB for depth, a 2nd TE so we could effectively utilise a 2 TE set. A Day2 LB to provide better LB depth wouldn't hurt either. Whilst we ultimately need a new RB and a big No2 WR, a second TE can help offset the lack of the latter, and with such depth in 2008, we can let Willis run out his contract with him knowing he has to perform to get any sort of deal beyond 2007.

I would be happy with

R1 - trade down for a LB Posluzny, Willis or Timmons
R2 - grab Greg Olsen if available
R3 - an 1-tackle - Justin Harrell, Paul Soliai will all upgrade over Anderson
x3 - best OL man, Doug Free, Mike Otto to be a LG of the future
R4 - a CB like Jonathan Wade or Travarous Bain
R6 - the 2nd LB, someone who could turn out a great sleeper like Zax DeOssie
R7 - a 3rd down RB - what is the point of Shaud Williams? Eldra Buckley anyone

In 2008 on Day we can go for the RB of the future and the No2 WR. Even if we only end up with 2 picks using extra picks to move up .. this will allow us to fill the two remaining gaps in the team

R1a-2008 (our R1 and R3) for Steve Slaton RB
R1b-2008 (our R2, xR3-Clements, R4, and R6) for Adarius Bowman WR

In FA we could look at

CB vet ... Ahmed Carroll, Mike Rumph to help out Youboty
RG ... the roadgrader
WR2 .... Bennett, Wilford, Lelie or someone released could be considered

DraftBoy
01-30-2007, 06:57 AM
We shouldn't pick Jarrett. He may be great at college level for USC but he lacks speed. There are big WRs coming out next year who have Jarrett's size and speed.

I think our best option is to trade down and get an extra pick. Whilst we look at FA, most of the top players WILL get tagged so I would rather build in the draft - I think that we definitely need a LB and a 1-tackle, possibly a OL guy who can play both LG and be cover for LT in case Peters got injured, a CB for depth, a 2nd TE so we could effectively utilise a 2 TE set. A Day2 LB to provide better LB depth wouldn't hurt either. Whilst we ultimately need a new RB and a big No2 WR, a second TE can help offset the lack of the latter, and with such depth in 2008, we can let Willis run out his contract with him knowing he has to perform to get any sort of deal beyond 2007.

I would be happy with

R1 - trade down for a LB Posluzny, Willis or Timmons
R2 - grab Greg Olsen if available
R3 - an 1-tackle - Justin Harrell, Paul Soliai will all upgrade over Anderson
x3 - best OL man, Doug Free, Mike Otto to be a LG of the future
R4 - a CB like Jonathan Wade or Travarous Bain
R6 - the 2nd LB, someone who could turn out a great sleeper like Zax DeOssie
R7 - a 3rd down RB - what is the point of Shaud Williams? Eldra Buckley anyone

In 2008 on Day we can go for the RB of the future and the No2 WR. Even if we only end up with 2 picks using extra picks to move up .. this will allow us to fill the two remaining gaps in the team

R1a-2008 (our R1 and R3) for Steve Slaton RB
R1b-2008 (our R2, xR3-Clements, R4, and R6) for Adarius Bowman WR

In FA we could look at

CB vet ... Ahmed Carroll, Mike Rumph to help out Youboty
RG ... the roadgrader
WR2 .... Bennett, Wilford, Lelie or someone released could be considered

Yes this is all fine and good, but the problem is you have to defend you pick choices of Pols, Willis, and Timmons by a trade down. Nobody can perdict a trade down, so to attempt to use one, just makes no sense to me. But we've been over this before. Id love to move down some, and pick up more picks. But at 12 Pols, and Timmons make no sense to me. Willis is a better LB and not a bad pick at 12.

Philagape
01-30-2007, 08:41 AM
And we still have three months of this to go. :ill:

bigbub2352
01-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Well i think a WR needs to be taken somewhere in this draft with decent speed and SIZE, may it be in rds 2-4 or even later, or a FA like Drew Bennett, but otherwise according to draft EXPERTS(lol), the DT postion is thin, so we need to address maybe Oline, best guard or Center and also i personally would be lookin at a TE, a real receiving threat, not a blocker first, someone with redzone potential, now i cant argue goin TE at 12 if there is a talent there

jamze132
01-30-2007, 09:46 AM
If Dwayne Jarrett is on the board at #12, the Bills should not pass him up. Having said that, I seriously doubt he is there when we pick. We should go LB.

BillsFever21
01-30-2007, 01:34 PM

We have a stable of WR's but outside of Evans they are a bunch of short overpaid #3 WR's that won't make an impact and doesn't scare any team in the NFL which in turn could take pressure off of Evans.

If there was a great prospect there I wouldn't be opposed to taking once. Especially with the DT class being as thin as it is outside of Branch. Another big time WR and our offense becomes super scary. You would be talking about a combo like the Harrison/Wayne, Fitzgerald/Boldin.

Our offense would automatically become a huge asset. You think Losman and Evans came on last year and have a good on field relationship just imagine a big time WR that will open him up even more and even be able to make plays himself.

Really it doesn't matter if that other threat is a WR or TE. If we could get a good TE that could stretch the field then that would serve it's purpose. You can usually find them towards the end of the 1st round and 2nd round.

If them kind of TE's are available then I think we look elsewhere with the #12 and snatch the TE up in the 2nd. Robery Royal isn't the answer.

That's a reason why I feel it would be benefitical to keep Clements. Why create another hole when we have more money then we know what to do with? The cap will only continue to grow over the next few years. It won't hurt our long term cap spending.

CB would be solved and then your focus can stay on OG, C, DT, WR/TE and LB. You should be able to fill them positions between free agency and the draft over the next two offseasons. In two years our team would be primed for a run.

You sign Clements, JP and Evans. Them are the only major players coming up within the next couple years. You still put yourself in steady cap shape where you wouldn't need to clean house to get under the cap. You would still even be in shape to bring in/resign some modest players.

By the time guys like Whitner, Simpson and others roll around for their payday you have many other high priced contracts wiped off the books like Spikes and others which creates millions in cap space untop of what the league cap increases are.

We have plenty of room to do our business but it falls into the hands of Ralph Wilson and whether he is commited to winning and will pay the money. You would think at his age it definitely wouldn't be an issue. He can't take that money when he dies. You would think he would wanna enjoy some winning before he dies instead of continuing to lose.

If he is commited then we can keep our players around and build our team. If he isn't then we will continue to be 10+ million dollars under the cap every season without anybody having big signing bonuses that we are stuck with in the event that we wanna save some money by releasing them and saving on their higher salaries towards the end of the contract.

Players with small bonuses like Reed and Price wouldn't put a dent in Wilson's wallet if he wants to save some money and they get the axe. If he has a 10+ million dollar bonus riding on that guy that it becomes a big deal. This is one reason why Wilson isn't spending the money. He likes having guys with cheap signing bonuses on the team that he can cut once their salary gets higher then he wants to pay them.

mikemac2001
01-30-2007, 10:59 PM
To be honest id love them to take jarrett if he was there at 12 Bc id think it would open up the offense alot, and i might be able to use the bills finally in madden

Luisito23
01-30-2007, 11:18 PM
If Jarret is there...I love our boy and all, but Marv betta not draft another Whitner!!!!.....

GO BILLS!!!!

Luisito23
01-30-2007, 11:20 PM
and i might be able to use the bills finally in madden

:negrep:....Aaaah...You should be using them regardless....

GO BILLS!!!!

justasportsfan
01-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Now i know we have a stable of Wr's but we have 2 number 3's and a 3 that really is a 4 in Reed, we dont have a big game breaker like Jarrett or WR's like him, ...
my biggest question with our wr's is, do we really know if we have our no.2 with Fairchild limiting JP's play last year or in other words not opening up the playbook + the lack of a running game? I would love to have a no.2 that can push Evans but I think we need a rb more than a wr.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-31-2007, 02:48 AM
While I don't think that a WR at # 12 is absolutely insane--indeed, I have said that I think it could be a possibility as a "Marv surprise" if the Bills were to "fall in love" with a particular WR--I doubt it will happen for several reasons:

1.) Fairchild's offense doesn't require a big WR--Bruce and Holt (Curtis and McDonald) were not big guys but thrived in it--and, with the playbook being limited last season, be really haven't seen what the WRs on the roster really can do when this offense is using the full playbook.

2.) The team's biggest needs are on defense and we all know that Levy and Jauron believe that you win (or at least stay in games) with defense. Yes, the talent at some of the positions of greatest need is thin, but that's why you draft a position early: to get the best player possible rather than have to settle for a significantly lesser player later.

3.) After C.Johnson, there are play-makers in this draft, but they are flawed (Ginn's not a great route runner, there are questions about Jarrett's speed, etc.) and this is a very deep draft at WR: you can get a big, WR with speed who has flaws later in the draft (Gonzales, Paul Wiliams, Dallas Baker, Johnny Lee Higgins, even David Ball and Jacoby Jones, etc.).

4.) The owner said that the team needs more talent on the offensive line. Usually when the owner speaks about a need at a particular position, that position ends up getting addressed. While the Bills seem to be happy with their young OTs and there really isn't an interior offensive lineman worthy of the # 12 pick (or really a first round pick) in this draft, if the Bills take a WR with their first round pick, with their needs on defense, it would likely mean that they would have to wait an extra round or more to address their needs on the interior of the offensive line (if they have not done so in free agency).

5.) With Chris Brown talking on BB.com about how difficult it will be to fill the Bills need for a 1-gap DT and that they will need to do so in the draft (see my post on this: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=119152 ), it strikes me that the Bills are either laying a smokescreen to disguise their intent to draft a DT at # 12 or preparing the ground to address their other defensive needs with the # 12 pick.

I can't and won't rule out the possibility that the Bills could use their # 12 pick on a WR, but every sign tells me that, logically, that is still a very slim possibility. Which is why I would not be entirely shocked if they did it, but will continue to doubt that that is what they will do right up until that moment, if it ever happens.

DraftBoy
01-31-2007, 07:32 AM
my biggest question with our wr's is, do we really know if we have our no.2 with Fairchild limiting JP's play last year or in other words not opening up the playbook + the lack of a running game? I would love to have a no.2 that can push Evans but I think we need a rb more than a wr.

I agree we arent sure how big of a need it is, but I think we need to add another weapon to the stable for JP. I dont see any of the current WR's on the roster being capable #2's. I think Jarrett is the perfect fit for us. I also agree we have a need for RB but next year could be a potentially scary RB class.

Talk0fNewYork
01-31-2007, 08:20 AM
We took a DT in the 1st round last year, we'll look for one in FA not the 1st!

bigbub2352
01-31-2007, 08:39 AM
From what i have read DT is very thin in this draft, and if we go out and grab say briggs or June, and maybe Ian Scott from the Bears, then we need to be gettin some weapons in here at WR, or TE it is only logical

alohabillsfan
01-31-2007, 11:11 AM
It would be crazy!!!!!!!!! Since I talked to Scoobys rich friend and he told me that the Bills are trading Willis to the Raiders for Moss and Sapp and their 2nd rounder, Marv turned down the first rounder out of guilt!

Mahdi
01-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Here is my take, #2 should be a FA. if we draft a WR at #12 He is not only going to expect to be a #1 WR by his 4th year and leave (if he isnt' already complaining) and is going to expect to get #12 pick money.

We have our #1 WR. I would not take ANY WR In this draft over lee evans period. and if you do, you need to re think your position. Lee is a PROVEN #1 WR in this league that hasn't even come close to reaching his potential yet.

So just say no to WR at #12
Thats not necessarily true, a lot of dominant WR tandems have stayed together for years, most recently Wayne and Harrison, McCardell and Smith (for several years) Johnson and Houshmandzadeh look solid as well.

Mahdi
01-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Say Jarret is sittin there, he is everything we need in a WR to cattapult us from no playoffs to playoffs,or talent of his caliber i should say, i am all for shoring up the lines but do u spend the 12th pick on a guard or center, or develop another RT, or see what u got in Pennington and Butler, that is why u gotta look skill here i think may it be CB, WR, TE, or DE, DT just doesnt have the players comin out this year unless Branch falls
I agree completely as long as DE and LB are addressed in FA. There are no OL that I would take at 12 and same with DT. Therefore as long as DE and LB are taken care of I would also take Jarrett. If DE and LB are not addressed I would take Jamal Anderson DE Alabama or Adam Gaines maybe. After that Willis. Other than those guys BPA.

patmoran2006
02-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Absolutely, me as well.

Except for QB (I cant believe I'm saying that) and safety spots there isnt a position on the field where a first round draft pick wouldn't be an upgrade over what is there now--not counting Clements whom I believe will be addressed in FA.

ublinkwescore
02-01-2007, 09:00 AM

Moot point - we're getting Briggs buddy.

ublinkwescore
02-01-2007, 09:03 AM

Peters has reached all-pro level - you heard it here first.

Philagape
02-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Peters has reached all-pro level - you heard it here first.

I've heard it before

mikemac2001
02-02-2007, 04:41 PM
:negrep:....Aaaah...You should be using them regardless....

GO BILLS!!!!

Ah its a little hard when im playing for big bucks...need a tall WR and we just havent had one...love the D and mcgahee on the game but O has just not been there for me

with jp getting little boost and jarrett i could def see me using them

ublinkwescore
02-02-2007, 09:11 PM
I've heard it before

Yeah, from me - I was just repeating it for our friend who was still on the fence.