X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Your draft dark horse!!

Every year we speculate on who the Bills will take and every year we are dead wrong. So lets be smart and look at the players that we won't take and decide why we will. Here's mine at #12:

Adam Carriker
    DE | (6'6", 290, 4.85) | NEBRASKA

Carriker was redshirted in 2002. He played in nine games in 2003, missed three games with an ankle injury, and finished the year with three total tackles, one tackle for loss, and one sack. In 2004, he appeared in 10 games (eight starts), missed more time with an ankle injury, and recorded 36 total tackles, seven tackles for loss, and three sacks for the season. Carriker then started all 12 games in 2005 at "base" defensive end, made 43 total tackles, 17 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks, and forced one fumble earning First Team All-Big 12 recognition from the Associated Press. Carriker started all 14 games in 2006 and finished with 52 total tackles, 16 tackles for loss, seven sacks, one interception and one blocked kick earning Associated Press All-Big 12 First Team honors for the second consecutive year.
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Your draft dark horse!!

I would say he's certainly a possibility for the Bills. He's kind of a poor man's Jamaal Anderson. He has similar qualities except he times slower in the 40 Anderson is more likely to be gone by the time the Bills pick. Carriker probably will still be available. I might also compare him to the Bills Ryan Denney except Carriker really seems to have a killer instinct while Denny is too much of a nice boy. I wouldn't be surprised if Carriker were able to put on more weight and be effective at DT. I don't think he's the most likelty pick for the Bills, but if some of the guys who fill more specific needs are gone or Buffalo doesn't think those who remain are a good value, they could get Carriker who probably is a good value at #12 considering the senior bowl week he had.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

Lynch is my pick at twelve

Comment

• LtFinFan66
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Every year we speculate on who the Bills will take and every year we are dead wrong. So lets be smart and look at the players that we won't take and decide why we will. Here's mine at #12:

Adam Carriker

Carriker was redshirted in 2002. He played in nine games in 2003, missed three games with an ankle injury, and finished the year with three total tackles, one tackle for loss, and one sack. In 2004, he appeared in 10 games (eight starts), missed more time with an ankle injury, and recorded 36 total tackles, seven tackles for loss, and three sacks for the season. Carriker then started all 12 games in 2005 at "base" defensive end, made 43 total tackles, 17 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks, and forced one fumble earning First Team All-Big 12 recognition from the Associated Press. Carriker started all 14 games in 2006 and finished with 52 total tackles, 16 tackles for loss, seven sacks, one interception and one blocked kick earning Associated Press All-Big 12 First Team honors for the second consecutive year.
        He had a real nice Senior Bowl!

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i am going with ross, cb from texas.. he is my dark horse pick.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Captain Obvious
            I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
            • Jul 2005

Lawrence Timmons LB Florida St.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

I was thinking Carriker earlier this week, I just didn't want to admit it!

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
                I was thinking Carriker earlier this week, I just didn't want to admit it!
                I watched the Senior Bowl practices and he dominated. Uber strong and gets off his blocks to stop the run. Seems to have some good pass rush ability. Quick and uses his arms well to leverage and get in on the QB. The game film they showed confirmed his blue chip ability. Gets his hands up. Never takes a play off. Reportedly very smart.

He would be a good pick. Absolutely.

Many of these players aren't dark horses at all to the scouts. Just the media hype machine.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Adam Carriker

Mine is Lynch as well. However, I think when all is said and done, we may pick Tank Tyler.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Since I'm one of the few believing the Bills will take a CB with their first pick, my "shot it the dark pick" is WR Dwayne Jarret.

With Price, Reed, Davis, and Parrish all undersized, their main passing routes have all been underneath coverage. Evans, who has been the obvious man downfield, Jarrett would be a great addition opposite field in relieving downfield pressure.

Being that the Bills already have a slew of receivers (not mentioned above: Wilson, and Aiken), the one thing that makes the least amount of sense would be the Bills taking a WR in the 1st round of the draft. Which means that it will most likely happen.
                    Last edited by RedEyE; 01-30-2007, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

DE Gaines Adams

Jamaal Anderson crazy climb continues and Adams has a bad combine
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

i hope our second round pick is bush from louisville.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State

Big North-South runner who does a decent job catching the ball, especially for a big back. The kid is a load and has been very productive in the Big 10. The big question on him is his speed, and he obviously isn't as explosive as a some of the top runners, but he is a pretty polished player who can come in and contribute. May be a RB/FB tweener, but would be a good power back in the right system.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            i am going with ross, cb from texas.. he is my dark horse pick.
                            As much as this pick scares me it's probably more likely than what we have been seeing other places.

Comment

• eyedog
                              • Jul 2002

Good call on Carriker. This guy has Marv written all over him.

Comment

Working...
                              X