PDA

View Full Version : Where would Timmy fit?

camelcowboy
01-29-2007, 10:10 PM
vanek Connelly Max
Goose Dury paille
Hect Briere Pomerville
Stafford Roy Kotalik

Jiri the odd man out

Dr. Lecter
01-29-2007, 10:16 PM
I would dress Jiri ahead of Stafford for his penalty killing. I would also keep Mair around, just for his size and physical ability.

camelcowboy
01-29-2007, 10:22 PM
I would dress Jiri ahead of Stafford for his penalty killing. I would also keep Mair around, just for his size and physical ability.

I don't know Connelly can pk, and Paille has done a hell of a job in that role as well. It would be nice to roll out four offensively gifted lines. With certain teams you can add mair to give a offensive punch.

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Novotny over Stafford or Paille for sure. We need his size. Why demote Roy to the fourth line?? That makes no sense. I say pair Connolly with Briere as a wing where he will have less chance of going over the middle.

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Yes Forgot about Mair. I say Paille and Stafford are scratched.

camelcowboy
01-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Novotny over Stafford or Paille for sure. We need his size. Why demote Roy to the fourth line?? That makes no sense. I say pair Connolly with Briere as a wing where he will have less chance of going over the middle.

Who says its demotion i didn't rank the lines in any order, I just think Vanek and Max would be scary with Connelly as center. His creativity and vision he needs to stay as a center. I don't see why you guys are so high on Novotny anyway he has size but he doesn't use it, and doesn't have the talent Paille or Stafford bring to the table. Move Jiri or Roy to wing Connolly should stay a center.

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2007, 11:46 PM
I like Novotny, Paille and Stafford. You gotta remember that Novotny isn't exactly getting a lot of minutes to pile up points. He is a fine player.

Either way what are we arguing about. Any scenario is a good one because it means we have a healthy Connolly right?

camelcowboy
01-29-2007, 11:54 PM
I like Novotny, Paille and Stafford. You gotta remember that Novotny isn't exactly getting a lot of minutes to pile up points. He is a fine player.

Either way what are we arguing about. Any scenario is a good one because it means we have a healthy Connolly right?

Yeah, im hoping he doesn't have any set backs because he takes the sabres to a whole different level. all those teams who play the sabres tight on the point Connolly would put a end to that.

chubluv
01-30-2007, 05:13 AM
Lindy hasnt been rolling 4 lines of late anyways. so I say just dress Timmy and play him just on the PP for awhile and then go from there.

Also if Timmy does come back Darcy can probably make a trade to get rid of some extra players and cap space.

SkateZilla
01-30-2007, 06:35 AM
we'll find out in 6 to 9 weeks..

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-31-2007, 11:50 AM
These are my lines that I have on NHL2007

Hecht - Briere - Pominville
Roy - Drury - Gaustad
Vanek - Connolly - Afinogenov
Mair - Stafford - Kotalik

SkateZilla
01-31-2007, 12:42 PM
Ruff said Tim Would be on a Limited playtime rol until he's back to a decent physical condition, meaning mainly PP Only

SabreEleven
01-31-2007, 03:14 PM
That would make harder to roll 4 lines with a guy playing only on PP's.
we have to do 4 lines in the playoffs, hopefully he'll be fully ready by than.

ricogarion
02-02-2007, 05:38 AM
aTimmy fits no problem. Its a good problem to have especially if he comes back in reasonanble shape.The better his legs get under him the more potent he becomes.The more potent he becomes the better our chances improve to win a cup.