PDA

View Full Version : An awesome Draft and Free agent tool

Tatonka
01-30-2007, 12:05 AM
many of you are familiar with the sporting news..

well, their premium content has something called "the war room".

it is pretty f'n awesome.

tons of draft info and just about every player.. but what is even better than that is their NFL free agent tracker.

They have the top 99 free agents listed and ranked in their order of who they feel is the best to worst based on a grade (1-10 type grade).

anyway, when you click on the free agents name, it tells you basically everything you would want to know about a guy.. a current scouting report (not a rehashed draft report on the guy from 5 years ago).. you can search by team, by position, ect..

just thought i would share. I have paid for a couple of sites before, and always been disappointed.. but the war room is pretty sweet.

it costs 5 bucks for a month, or 40 bucks for a year.

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/freeagents/

jamze132
01-30-2007, 03:44 AM
I'll have to check that out.

Tatonka
01-30-2007, 07:23 AM
i will go through the list soon and put together my own list. there are alot of guys that i didnt realize were free agents, or didnt know that much about.. pretty interesting.

plus they have one of the best draft websites out there.. especially for people who dont follow college football that much that want a place to look up everything you need to know about a guy. that is the main reason i got it. with my son this past year, i couldnt follow college ball near as close as i used to.

DraftBoy
01-30-2007, 07:32 AM
You think a month by month subscription is better? Or is it more worth it do a full year at 40?

I guess I only question what they offer during the football season to warrant a 40 investment, insteaf of 20 bucks for all the draft and FA info.

ICE74129
01-30-2007, 07:56 AM
You think a month by month subscription is better? Or is it more worth it do a full year at 40?

I guess I only question what they offer during the football season to warrant a 40 investment, insteaf of 20 bucks for all the draft and FA info.

You know DB I used to do SN in the 90's before the internet was so wide spread. I even kept it up after sites became more popular.

I can say their draft stuff is really good, but the rest of the year isn't anything you can't findon ESPN etc outside of their guys own opinions.

DraftBoy
01-30-2007, 08:02 AM
You know DB I used to do SN in the 90's before the internet was so wide spread. I even kept it up after sites became more popular.

I can say their draft stuff is really good, but the rest of the year isn't anything you can't findon ESPN etc outside of their guys own opinions.

I had a free war room one year in like 98 or 99. I know how good it can be, Im just curious as to how their in season stuff is. Im tempted to do the 39.99 thing bc I really like their mag more so than SI or ESPN.

jdbillsfan
01-30-2007, 08:44 AM
many of you are familiar with the sporting news..

well, their premium content has something called "the war room".

it is pretty f'n awesome.

tons of draft info and just about every player.. but what is even better than that is their NFL free agent tracker.

They have the top 99 free agents listed and ranked in their order of who they feel is the best to worst based on a grade (1-10 type grade).

anyway, when you click on the free agents name, it tells you basically everything you would want to know about a guy.. a current scouting report (not a rehashed draft report on the guy from 5 years ago).. you can search by team, by position, ect..

just thought i would share. I have paid for a couple of sites before, and always been disappointed.. but the war room is pretty sweet.

it costs 5 bucks for a month, or 40 bucks for a year.

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/freeagents/

Thanks for the info.

Tatonka
01-30-2007, 09:49 AM
i just got it for 3 months for15 bucks.. i dont need it after the draft

DraftBoy
01-30-2007, 10:32 AM
i just got it for 3 months for15 bucks.. i dont need it after the draft

Yea sounds like the right plan