PDA

View Full Version : My top picks from each round

X-Era
01-30-2007, 06:28 AM
Heres a look at who I like in each round of the draft:

1) Marshawn Lynch
Michael Bush (if recovered and participated in the combine)
Amobi Okoye
Patrick Willis
Leon Hall
Dwayne Jarrett
Ted Ginn Jr

2) Tank Tyler ( he wont drop that far)
Michael Bush (if not recovered by the combine)
Buster Davis
Dwayne Bowe

3) Paul Williams
Aaron Seers
Ben Grubbs
Johnnie Higgins Jr.
Samson Statele
Brian Leonhard

4) Dan Mozes
Chansi Stuckey
Dallas Baker
Kareem Brown
Jay Moore
Korey Hall
David Irons

5) Matt Trannon
Corey Anderson
Johnathan Wade
Jeremy Clark

6-7) Daniel Bettis
Deshawn Baker
Wynton Shelton
Mark Robinson
Drew Tate

kernowboy
01-30-2007, 06:56 AM

1) Marshawn Lynch
Amobi Okoye
Patrick Willis
Leon Hall
Dwayne Jarrett
Ted Ginn Jr

Buster Davis
Dwayne Bowe

3) Paul Williams
Aaron Seers
Ben Grubbs
Johnnie Higgins Jr.
Samson Statele
Brian Leonhard

4) Dan Mozes
Chansi Stuckey
Dallas Baker
Kareem Brown
Jay Moore
Korey Hall
David Irons

5) Matt Trannon
Corey Anderson
Johnathan Wade
Jeremy Clark

6-7) Daniel Bettis
Deshawn Baker
Wynton Shelton
Mark Robinson
Drew Tate

R1 I'd add Posluzny as I think someone will get a steal at the end of the round
R2 Justin Harrell DT, Joe Staley LT, Greg Olsen TE
R3 Doug Free LT/LG would be a huge pick up here - forget his senior season
R4 I think Matt Herian TE and Mike Otto LT/LG will have huge value
R5 Someone will grab a good NT in Keenan Carter
R6 Zac DeOssie LB ... genes and brain
R7 Clifton Dawson or Eldra Buckley RB

Talk0fNewYork
01-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Bush will not work in this offense, we need a guy like Lynch who can break a big one, catch out the backfield, and actually break a tackle.

X-Era
01-30-2007, 12:36 PM

Some people have Posluzny as a 3rd rounder, no Im not kidding

Joe Staley was DESTROYED at the Senior Bowl.

The rest, I dont hate or love, they are just there.

X-Era
01-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Bush will not work in this offense, we need a guy like Lynch who can break a big one, catch out the backfield, and actually break a tackle.

Michael Bush RB 6'3 247 Louisville

By: Robert Davis

<!-- Begin Article Text -->Bush was an all world athlete that many people had pegged for wide receiver or quarterback in college. He wanted to play running back, and made sure he stayed at the position. As a freshman, he ran for 503 yards and six touchdowns, while catching 17 balls for 240 yards and a touchdown. Continuing to share the load as a sophomore, Bush still put up impressive numbers. He finished the year with 734 yards and seven touchdowns, while hauling in 11 passes for 155 yards. As a junior, Bush blew up. His role got larger, and he came through. He ran for 1,143 yards and an amazing 23 touchdowns, while catching 21 balls for 253 yards and another touchdown, on his way to All Big East honors. Bush burst out of the gates as a senior, rushing for 129 yards and three touchdowns in the first half of Louisville’s first game, but then broke his fibula and missed the rest of the year.
There isn’t a more powerful running back in this years draft class. Bush is an absolute load to bring down. Not only does he have great size, but he is very strong, and is determined to fight for extra yardage when he hits a defender. What makes Bush standout though, is his speed. He has the ability to hit the corner and reel off big runs. He is a fantastic athlete, and could have played a number of positions at the college level. Bush uses that out of the backfield as a receiver, as he is capable of being a legit threat that has to be accounted for.
Bush has very good long range speed, but he doesn’t reach top gear very fast. He also doesn’t have the best change of direction ability. He is a power back, and with his raw power, these aren’t major concerns, but they are things that keep him below the Adrian Peterson’s of the world. Michael Bush has a lot of potential at the next level, and if healthy, has the look of a definite first round pick for a team looking for a workhorse back that can wear a team down. How quickly he is back at 100% and what he can show in workouts will determine where he goes in the draft. Teams know how good he is on the field, but they will want to see that he’s completely healthy and will be ready to go. <!-- End Article Text -->

alohabillsfan
01-30-2007, 01:18 PM

Kboy are you posluznys agent? He is not even the best LB on his team Conner is!
2nd - 3rd round talent with first round hype he will slide or someone is overpaying may it be the patriots!

Talk0fNewYork
01-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Michael Bush RB 6'3 247 Louisville
Not only does he have great size, but he is very strong, and is determined to fight for extra yardage when he hits a defender.
He's 6'3 247 He Better Be

He has the ability to hit the corner and reel off big runs.
Yeah In College, Willis Could Break Off Big Ones Two!

Bush uses that out of the backfield as a receiver, as he is capable of being a legit threat that has to be accounted for.
You Play Football You Better Be Able To Catch
<!-- End Article Text -->

X-Era
01-30-2007, 03:20 PM
He's 6'3 247 He Better Be

Yeah In College, Willis Could Break Off Big Ones Two!

You Play Football You Better Be Able To Catch
<!-- End Article Text -->

So basically, he does all the things you required. So how again doesnt he fit in our system????

Kenny
01-31-2007, 07:44 AM
So basically, he does all the things you required. So how again doesnt he fit in our system????

Though I havent watched all of his games, the games I did see, -I wasnt overly impressed.
He just looks soft IMO... if I had to compare him to an NFL runningback, I'd say he would project to be the next TJ Duckett if he's lucky.. Most likely though, I'd say he'll turn out to be exactly Eric Shelton (that huge 'runningback' that the Panthers drafted in the second round a couple of years ago... (they both played the same styles in college, -and they're the same size).

And why does that report above say he's fast? I wont even go into his lack of ability to make cuts (though that's not important for a guy that size).
But even pre-injury, we're looking at a guy who runs the 40 in about 4.60. I'd be really surprised if he even came close to that time in a couple of months.

Dantheman1280
01-31-2007, 08:55 AM

1) Marshawn Lynch
Amobi Okoye
Patrick Willis
Leon Hall
Dwayne Jarrett
Ted Ginn Jr

Buster Davis
Dwayne Bowe

3) Paul Williams
Aaron Seers
Ben Grubbs
Johnnie Higgins Jr.
Samson Statele
Brian Leonhard

4) Dan Mozes
Chansi Stuckey
Dallas Baker
Kareem Brown
Jay Moore
Korey Hall
David Irons

5) Matt Trannon
Corey Anderson
Johnathan Wade
Jeremy Clark

6-7) Daniel Bettis
Deshawn Baker
Wynton Shelton
Mark Robinson
Drew Tate

If we could land Bush or B. Davis in the 2nd round that would be incredible. Davis is undersized, but an absolute animal, and Bush is a 5 star athlete!!

HHURRICANE
01-31-2007, 10:15 AM
More and more I'm thinking Lynch is going to be in a Bills uni. McGahee will stay with Lynch dispelling him.

McGahee won't be holding out with Lynch waiting in the wings!!!

alohabillsfan
01-31-2007, 10:36 AM
More and more I'm thinking Lynch is going to be in a Bills uni. McGahee will stay with Lynch dispelling him.

I really do not see ( but tend to agree, could very well happen) us drafting Lynch at 12 without a previous trade lined-up on draft day ( like if our guy is there at 12 we will trade Mcgahee to you for your 2nd rounder or something to that effect.

Drafting Lynch at 12 with the "current" (prior to FA) team needs is almost the equivelant of TD drafting Willis when we had other needs and travis henry!

HHURRICANE
01-31-2007, 11:11 AM
I really do not see ( but tend to agree, could very well happen) us drafting Lynch at 12 without a previous trade lined-up on draft day ( like if our guy is there at 12 we will trade Mcgahee to you for your 2nd rounder or something to that effect.

Drafting Lynch at 12 with the "current" (prior to FA) team needs is almost the equivelant of TD drafting Willis when we had other needs and travis henry!

Travis wasn't in the last year of his contract. It's rare that rookies start. Even Reggie Bush had alot of shared time with Deuce this past year.

alohabillsfan
01-31-2007, 11:20 AM

I really hope that Marv goes crazy in FA and finds a MLB, OLB and a DT (1 tech) before he picks a RB! Although 1 of those positions (MLB) could be solidified in round 2 with Siler from UF! If he picks Lynch then he needs to trade Mcgahee for something and have Lynch platoon with the A-train.

Bmax
01-31-2007, 11:39 AM

1) Marshawn Lynch
Amobi Okoye
Patrick Willis
Leon Hall
Dwayne Jarrett
Ted Ginn Jr

Buster Davis
Dwayne Bowe

3) Paul Williams
Aaron Seers
Ben Grubbs
Johnnie Higgins Jr.
Samson Statele
Brian Leonhard

4) Dan Mozes
Chansi Stuckey
Dallas Baker
Kareem Brown
Jay Moore
Korey Hall
David Irons

5) Matt Trannon
Corey Anderson
Johnathan Wade
Jeremy Clark

6-7) Daniel Bettis
Deshawn Baker
Wynton Shelton
Mark Robinson
Drew Tate

Sears has moved up into the top of rd 2 some say bottom rd 1.....Grubbs has also moved up....I love Lenoard ...Watch out for Antonio Johnson from Miss ST raw player who has little experience.....could be good find in rd 3 or 4......

Bmax

X-Era
01-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Sears has moved up into the top of rd 2 some say bottom rd 1.....Grubbs has also moved up....I love Lenoard ...Watch out for Antonio Johnson from Miss ST raw player who has little experience.....could be good find in rd 3 or 4......

Bmax

Sears, to me, is the best OG there is this year. Its almost certain though, that he is in fact a G. Mayock made it a point to state what the coaches and scouts think of him. As such, he could end up a early to mid 2nd. And I wouldnt mind taking him there if that happens. My concern is that he isnt the player that Mangold, or David Baas was so its a touch to high if you look at talent level vs. pick position.

Grubbs is moving up as well, he isnt at Sears caliper, but hes my number 2 in there with Blalock. I see both of them as late 2nd's.

I noticed Johnson, but not as much as I notcied the DL's from Bama.

Pinkerton Security
01-31-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm sure this has been hashed and re-hashed, but I dont see us drafting a position in the first round that isnt going to start, with the needs we have. We dont have the luxury of drafting a RB in the first round with McGahee still around. Should we get rid of him, I would be ecstatic. However, I dont see that happening, so I really see us taking a CB, OL or DT. If we could pick up Dallas Baker in the 2nd round, I couldnt be happier (unless Ginn Jr. fell that far, but who am I kidding).