Take Freeney off your list of available FA's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Take Freeney off your list of available FA's!

Freeney's gone. Polian was on NFL Sirrius and basically said if they couldn't sign him long term he was getting the franchise tag.

After looking at the Bills roster on Defense I don't see how we don't upgrade LB and DT. Clements is gone and I really don't see us going for anything but depth behind Youboty. That's pretty much a lock. So we aren't getting an impact CB. Period.

Tim Anderson blows. We have nobody behind him or Tripplett. I'm sure Marv and Dick both saw the same games as us. At LB we have the same issue. If we sucked at stopping the run last year what makes us think losing Fletcher and not upgrading the position is going to get us a different result?

DT and LB are the#1 and #2 priority!
  • eyedog
    • Jul 2002

Re: Take Freeney off your list of available FA's!

Good. Can we stop the Freeney coming to Buffalo talk ? That was never going to happen, even though some where wishing upon a star. Polian was never letting him loose, but we will let our best defensive player loose. Go fiqure. One team is in the Super bowl and the other can't make the play-offs for the decade. Must be a coincidence.

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
      ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
      • Jan 2007

We would have never gotten him in here!

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Good, I guess. Better to have the dream killed now.

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
          ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
          • Jan 2007

True^

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

We didn't need Freeney anyways. We should just re-sign Kelsay and keep it the way we had it last year. It's hard to dispute, what 25 sacks from our DEs?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
              We didn't need Freeney anyways. We should just re-sign Kelsay and keep it the way we had it last year. It's hard to dispute, what 25 sacks from our DEs?
              I agree that DE is more a "want" than a "need." we got decent QB pressure from the DE position. Freeney would probably bring more, but its hard to say whether he'd outperform the Kelsey/Denney rotation. My guess is he would, but not enough to justify the big price tag he'd command.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Kerr
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Freeney must not be overrated if polian wants him back after a lousy year, huh?

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

If they franchise Freeney, and it's looking like they'll have to, they're going to lose a bunch of other guys. Soon that team will be just Manning, Harrison, Wayne, and Freeney.

Comment

• eyedog
                    • Jul 2002

They have already proved how important the rb position was. They let James walk ,draft Addai and platoon him and they don't miss a beat. You may have noticed they have kept their left tackle Glenn over the long haul and recentlly locked up their right tackle Diem. next they lockup the pass rusher. I think Polian knows what he's doing.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
                      I don't see us resigning Kelsay. Denney's under contract and I really see Hargrove moving to DE. The money we save will be used to fortify the middle where we just got plain abused!!

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by eyedog
                        They have already proved how important the rb position was. They let James walk ,draft Addai and platoon him and they don't miss a beat. You may have noticed they have kept their left tackle Glenn over the long haul and recentlly locked up their right tackle Diem. next they lockup the pass rusher. I think Polian knows what he's doing.
                        BINGO! More the reason to let willis go, we dont' need him

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Good news. Maybe if they franchise him or re-sign him....they will be forced to let both Jason David and/or Nick Harper go. I'd take either of them at CB, to help give time for Youboty to get ready for the starting job.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Oh, plus...the Bills don't need a ****ing DE. They got one of the best ones in Aaron Schobel, plus a couple very underrated DEs in Kelsay and Denney.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              Freeney's gone. Polian was on NFL Sirrius and basically said if they couldn't sign him long term he was getting the franchise tag.

After looking at the Bills roster on Defense I don't see how we don't upgrade LB and DT. Clements is gone and I really don't see us going for anything but depth behind Youboty. That's pretty much a lock. So we aren't getting an impact CB. Period.

Tim Anderson blows. We have nobody behind him or Tripplett. I'm sure Marv and Dick both saw the same games as us. At LB we have the same issue. If we sucked at stopping the run last year what makes us think losing Fletcher and not upgrading the position is going to get us a different result?

DT and LB are the#1 and #2 priority!
                              That's no shock. Colts aren't gonna let a great player on their defense go. Every year you have a great player(s) that everyone will talk about that we could possibly get. The facts are they either won't wanna come to Buffalo, their team will keep them or Buffalo won't pay them anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X