PDA

View Full Version : There is only one trade that works with Willis.

HHURRICANE
01-30-2007, 12:36 PM
The Jets.

camelcowboy
01-30-2007, 12:46 PM
possible the texans, maybe the packers, giants but you may get the most from the jets if the want him.

TacklingDummy
01-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Willis is going no where.

wbat27
01-30-2007, 12:56 PM
I would rather start a-train over willis. Willis is heartless and non play making, if you ask me getting rid of him is going to make us a better team, because we will have someone running the ball who cares.

tat2dmike77
01-30-2007, 12:59 PM
I would rather start a-train over willis. Willis is heartless and non play making, if you ask me getting rid of him is going to make us a better team, because we will have someone running the ball who cares.

Amen to that. I never cared for McGahee in the first place. When he was at the U i was happy to see his leg get snapped like a twig in the Fiesta Bowl. Then that ****** dumbaho drafts him now look at the mess.

This douche thinks he is worth 30 mill over 5 or 6 years yeah right. I know our O-line was not great but everyone has to admit they played better toward the end of the season. Yet McGayhe still could not find the endzone. You ask me get him out of here before he turns into anther milloy or moulds.

HHURRICANE
01-30-2007, 01:00 PM
The Jets.

Here's why:

1) They need a RB. I just heard that they shot that horse with the bad leg in NY. I feel bad for the Curtis Martin family.

2) They won't get a super star with the 25th pick in the first round.

3) We don't need to move up in this draft.

4) They get Willis, who they like, and we take their 25th pick. Maybe we have to give something else but essentially that's the deal.

5) We get 2 first rounders to get an impact Defensive player and a starting RB.

RockStar36
01-30-2007, 01:05 PM
The Jets have Leon Washington at RB.

camelcowboy
01-30-2007, 01:07 PM

3rd down back not a full time starter. In my opinion

alohabillsfan
01-30-2007, 01:13 PM
We will not get the Jets first rounder for Him period.... Maybe one of their 2nds as they have 2 of them!

camelcowboy
01-30-2007, 01:17 PM
a second round pick could be used as ammo to trade up. Or Willis and our second for their first. Regardless a trade isn't likely with the jets.

HHURRICANE
01-30-2007, 02:05 PM

I don't think they are looking at Leon as a starter. The Jets had one of the worst rushing attacks in the league and it wasn't because of their OL.

HHURRICANE
01-30-2007, 02:09 PM
We will not get the Jets first rounder for Him period.... Maybe one of their 2nds as they have 2 of them!

Let me be clear: I DO NOT THINK WE ARE TRADING WILLIS.

However, if Marv couldn't stand having him on the roster the only viable trading partner is the Jets.

Aloha, they would be getting the 44th pick overall instead of the 25th but would be getting Willis and maybe another pick. It would be a good deal for them.

Carlton Bailey
01-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Any team that gives up more than a third-round pick for McGahee is run by orangutans. Case closed, in the words of the esteemed McGahee.

Kerr
01-30-2007, 02:45 PM
I don't think marv would trade him within the division. I think cleveland fits the scenario.

DraftBoy
01-30-2007, 02:50 PM
NY Jets have Barlow, Washington, and Houston.

OpIv37
01-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Trading Willis to the Jets virtually guarantees that he'll have 300 yards a year against us.

madness
01-30-2007, 03:10 PM
You don't trade a RB in the last year of his contract unless you're going to get something of value for him. If you have no desire to resign him, you treat him like a horse on it's last legs. You get one good last run out of him and then be done with him. Willis needs a huge year if wants to get paid "what he is worth".

Sign A-Train to a three year deal then draft a RB in this year's draft. Willis will run like he never ran before if he knows he has to split carries in a contract year.

streetkings01
01-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Trade him to the Jets for Dwayne Robertson and a 5th rd pick! We need a run stuffing NT and they need a RB.....works for both teams if you ask me!

alohabillsfan
01-30-2007, 03:19 PM

However, if Marv couldn't stand having him on the roster the only viable trading partner is the Jets.

Aloha, they would be getting the 44th pick overall instead of the 25th but would be getting Willis and maybe another pick. It would be a good deal for them.

Why are the Jets the only "viable" trading partner?
Raiders? L. Jordan is not a starter never has never will!

Giants? He would go to NY in a NY minute!

Ravens (j. Lewis @$5,000,000 cap )

Detroit (k. Jones injury.. don't think that WM fits martz system which is the same one he does not fit in here in Buffalo)

Green bay Packers is a very viable option they need a power runner and A. Green is a FA. )

First one to offer a second round pick wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alohabillsfan
01-30-2007, 03:19 PM

Detroit (k. Jones injury.. don't think that WM fits martz system which is the same one he does not fit in here in Buffalo)

Green bay Packers is a very viable option they need a power runner and A. Green is a FA. )

Dr. Lecter
01-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Amen to that. I never cared for McGahee in the first place. When he was at the U i was happy to see his leg get snapped like a twig in the Fiesta Bowl. Then that ****** dumbaho drafts him now look at the mess.

You were happy to see him get injured?

Pathetic.

raphael120
01-30-2007, 04:08 PM
all i know is we shouldve kept lionel gates...he showed up in preseason...was dissapointed to see him cut. especially since we kept shaud "mini-me" williams.

HHURRICANE
01-30-2007, 05:21 PM
You don't trade a RB in the last year of his contract unless you're going to get something of value for him. If you have no desire to resign him, you treat him like a horse on it's last legs. You get one good last run out of him and then be done with him. Willis needs a huge year if wants to get paid "what he is worth".

Sign A-Train to a three year deal then draft a RB in this year's draft. Willis will run like he never ran before if he knows he has to split carries in a contract year.

I believe this is the most likely scenario. Good post.

HHURRICANE
01-30-2007, 05:32 PM

Nothing personal but we don't agree. I doubt the Bills take a second rounder for Willis.

The Giants have a stud RB and can augment with the draft.

The Raiders aren't giving us their first so they are out.

The Ravens still have Lewis so they can bring in a rookie.

I will give you the Packers but I believe that Green may just resign there. No real benefit to him doing otherwise.

All the other teams you mentioned have veteran starters that they can work a rookie behind. The Jets don't.

camelcowboy
01-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Trade him to the Jets for Dwayne Robertson and a 5th rd pick! We need a run stuffing NT and they need a RB.....works for both teams if you ask me!

Robertson has never impressed me, and i heard he has a bum leg. Bone on Bone if i remember correctly

G. Host
01-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Trading Willis for an unlimited supply of condoms for Planned Parenthood also works and maybe can get a tax deduction for the donation.