X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Lance Briggs talks about playing for Dick Jauron; calls him a "Great Coach"

The reference is near the end of the article.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Lance Briggs talks about playing for Dick Jauron; calls him a "Great Coach"

One can only hope....
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Lance is coming to Buffalo, cha-cha-cha!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i am sure of it.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Show him da money!

And if they DO sign him, that will likely be it for the big-name FA's.

Comment

• acattack15
            • Jan 2007

WOW, i didn't expect him to ever say that, it sounds like there is a good chance he would come to Buffalo to reunite with Dick Jauron if we gave him the money!!! I getting excited. Good find.
            With the 12th Pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select: Marshawn Lynch RB California
            -The future Pro Bowl RB of the NFL-

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/

Comment

• JoeMama
              Emotion Sickness
              • Oct 2002

Dick Jauron is always lavished with praise by the guys who played for him.

It's something that I've seen repeated from numerous players over the years. To a person, virtually everyone seems to love playing for Jauron.

And I always read into it with with mixed feelings. Is it that he's a spectacular coach or that he's a players' coach? I don't know how to explain that kind of popularity.

Not to sound cynical -- because Jauron seems like a pretty good coach so far -- but I wonder what makes players feel so strongly about him. He must have some sort of rapport with his players behind the scenes that really demands respect in the locker room.

Jauron has a reputation of treating his players like men and not children. Maybe that's the root of it. I don't know. I'd love to find out the exact reason players support the guy so adamently.
              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Jauron is a young version of Marv Levy. Have you ever heard a player bad-mouth Marv. They all loved him. Marv treated the players like adults and used his role as coach to motiviate players and plan the game. There was no power play or ego trip in him.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

BTW, if Brigss comes to Buffalo, I am doing fat man back flips.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    I'm with ya. Briggs would be a very good signing and allow us more maneuverability in the draft.

Comment

• Bling
                      • Jul 2004

Jauron is a young version of Marv Levy. Have you ever heard a player bad-mouth Marv. They all loved him. Marv treated the players like adults and used his role as coach to motiviate players and plan the game. There was no power play or ego trip in him.
                      All the players loved Wannstedt too!

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Wow. I know Briggs prefers the style defense the Bills bring to the table, but man I'd never expect that he might actually come here. He would fill a huge gap and I expect Crowell (the most versitile-though I'd prefer to see Spikes at MLB) would be moved inside.

Comment

• jimmifli
                          • Nov 2006

Fatman back flips are my second favorite thing in the whole world.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bling
                            All the players loved Wannstedt too!
                            Then I hope your fishies bring him back.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Jauron is 10 x's the coach Wanny ever was.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X