X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Jamaal Anderson

The more I think about it the more sense it makes for the Bills to grab Jamaal Anderson at 12 if he is available. He has the size and athleticism of Peppers and opposite Schobel would wreak havoc. Gettin any other DE in FA would be difficult and it addresses a need with Kelsay leaving. Anderson is also 6'6 280 and would be a force against the run which we need. That leaves LB and DT to be addressed on D and OG and WR on O. TE would be nice too.

1. Anderson, TE Arkansas

2. Ben Grubbs G Auburn

3. A DT with upside like Justin Harrel or Demarcus Tyler who are good run stuffers.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Jamaal Anderson

DraftBoy better make more room on his bandwagon
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
      The more I think about it the more sense it makes for the Bills to grab Jamaal Anderson at 12 if he is available. He has the size and athleticism of Peppers and opposite Schobel would wreak havoc. Gettin any other DE in FA would be difficult and it addresses a need with Kelsay leaving. Anderson is also 6'6 280 and would be a force against the run which we need. That leaves LB and DT to be addressed on D and OG and WR on O. TE would be nice too.

1. Anderson, TE Arkansas

2. Ben Grubbs G Auburn

3. A DT with upside like Justin Harrel or Demarcus Tyler who are good run stuffers.
      is he the next Peppers or Michael Haynes?

can we really tell?

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
        • Mar 2003

Good post, Jp, but I'm starting to like this idea more too. A 6-6, 280 DE would do wonders to shoring up our run defense and pash rush at the same time.
        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

jamal anderson per sporting news...

Overall grade: 7.0
          Position rank: 1 (2. C. Johnson*, Georgia, 3. G. Adams, Clemson, 4. J. Moss*, Florida, 5. I. Alama-Francis, Hawaii)
          Projected: Arizona, pick 5
          Size: 6'6", 268 lbs.

Anderson will skip his senior season and enter the '07 draft, Arkansas coach Houston Nutt said Jan. 7.

Anderson was a first-team All-Southeastern Conference selection and an honorable mention All-American as a junior this season. The Little Rock native led the SEC in sacks with 13.5 and was second in the league with 19.5 tackles for loss.

Anderson led the team with 26 quarterback hurries and finished a half-sack short of tying the Razorbacks' single-season record of 14 held by Henry Ford and Steven Conley.

Nutt called Anderson "an excellent student-athlete and an excellent role model." Nutt said he and his coaching staff talked to Anderson "long and hard" about his options.

"I understand when you have the capability to be a first-round draft pick that is difficult to turn down," the Razorbacks' coach said.

Anderson, in a prepared statement, thanked Nutt and his brother Danny Nutt for their recruiting efforts, "coming into my home and offering me an opportunity to become part of the Razorback family. They made my parents feel comfortable and confident that they would do what was best for me and help me develop both as a player and as a person."

He also thanked Arkansas defensive coordinator Reggie Herring and defensive line coach Tracy Rocker "for all they did to help me develop and grow as a football player. All the guys who played with me on the defense know that Herring and Rocker demanded nothing less than our best and full effort in practices and games. They are great teachers and I feel fortunate to have had them as my coaches." -- Associated Press

Ben grubbs per sporting news...

Overall grade: 6.5
          Position rank: 3 (1. J. Blalock, Texas, 2. J. Beekman, Boston College)
          Size: 6'3", 315
          NFL comparison: Tutan Reyes, Bills

War Room analysis
          Strengths: Is a good athlete with rare quickness for a 300-pound man. Consistently reaches the second level to block linebackers, even after first chipping defensive tackles. Has the speed to pull and lead outside runs. Pulls and traps well inside. Gets set quickly in pass protection. Bends knees and sinks hips well to hold his ground against bull rushers. Slides and shuffles quickly to stymie stunts and blitzes. Is smart.

Weaknesses: Must get into better shape. Is not aggressive enough. Does not fire off the snap, and is much more of a positional run blocker. Shows inconsistent technique. Must improve hand punch in pass protection; too often allows defensive tackles to get into his chest and jolt him backwards. Must do a better job of bending knees to maintain balance and sustain blocks in the open field.

Bottom line: Grubbs doesn’t wow anyone on first glance, but his sustained production and athleticism eventually wins out. He gets by in college because of his superior athleticism but must crank up his aggression in the NFL. Grubbs could slide down draft boards because of his physique and inconsistent technique, but he should develop into an NFL starter within a year or two. His quickness, speed and strength give him the tools to play in a variety of NFL schemes. He also is smart and athletic enough to move to center.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

I can only hope a superior talent like Anderson drops to #12. I doubt it but never say never. He's a rare talent.

Grubbs is an excellent Guard and would start immediately. Had a great Senior bowl week.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Aug 2004

I seriously doubt that he gets out of the top 10. His ascent may mean that Gaines Adams or Jarvis Moss are still on the board at # 12, but there are too many teams that could use a good DE ahead of the Bills--ie Washington, etc.
              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• clumping platelets

If we re-sign Kelsay, go with WR Jarrett or LB Willis at #12

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

No way we get Anderson at #12. And I really think we should resign Kelsay and leave our DEs the same.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                    I can only hope a superior talent like Anderson drops to #12. I doubt it but never say never. He's a rare talent.

Grubbs is an excellent Guard and would start immediately. Had a great Senior bowl week.
                    I love Grubbs....and worms too. Sears was the best looking G. I hope hes there with our 2nd, which could happen if someone lock onto Blalock as the #1 G to take. Personally Im not sold on Blalock at all. I like Sears much better.

At 12 I wouldnt mind Okoye (only if we think he can and will get bigger), Jarrett, Lynch, Willis (only if we think hes big enough), or Hall. Ginn Jr. may work his way up there with an incredible 40 time that some say hes going to deliver at the combine or personal workouts.

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

Hey Draftboy what do you think about Anderson.......lol
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                        If we re-sign Kelsay, go with WR Jarrett or LB Willis at #12
                        Kelsay isn't a bad player,but that's been the problem for years. We need some upgrades from average/OK players to very good ones.

We need to end this " Commitment to Mediocrity ", if we wish to play in the post-season.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

i think when you have a dominant DE like schobel, having an average guy with some upside like kelsay on the other side is ok.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Anderson won't be there at 12.. Like LifetimeBillsfan said though, Adams might.

And I dont think we should sign Kelsay either.. We need IMPROVEMENT on the DL ESPECIALLY against stopping the run.

When are you guys going to understand that having four pass rushing DL means NOTHING when every team can simply run their tailback 25-28 times for 140-170 yards per game on us.

If youre going to run a successful DL you NEED to be able to stop the run with your front four; and don't give me Indy as an example otherwise because they shut the run down in the playoffs, and there isnt any Freeney's or Brock's on this team either, not to mention McFarland.

If I'm the Bills I'm signing either a run stopping DT or DE in FA and taking the other spot EARLY in the draft.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              i think when you have a dominant DE like schobel, having an average guy with some upside like kelsay on the other side is ok.

I agree, but we dont have a dominant DE. Schoebel is a good DE, but far from dominant. He's horrible against the run and tends to get sacks in bunches.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X