PDA

View Full Version : Sabres/Bruins in HD tonight!

OpIv37
02-01-2007, 08:08 AM
On HDNet- DirecTV channel 78

Hopefully the winter weather we're supposed to get won't mess up my dish. It's usually fine with the snow and the ice isn't supposed to come until later, so I should be good.

RockStar36
02-01-2007, 08:24 AM
Now comes the interesting choice. Watch it in HD or watch the MSG feed for RJ to call the game.

OpIv37
02-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Now comes the interesting choice. Watch it in HD or watch the MSG feed for RJ to call the game.

turn the sound off on the TV and put RJ on the radio.

RockStar36
02-01-2007, 08:30 AM
As long as the timing is on, that's the best idea you've ever had!

SkateZilla
02-01-2007, 09:02 AM

lol, I'd Dual Feed it, Since I Have two boxes, i'd put on on MSG, and one on NESN HD Feed (HDNet),

Put the Audio from the MSG Feed to the Surround sound, and just mute the NESNHD,

But since I had neither i can so....

OpIv37
02-01-2007, 09:12 AM
lol, I'd Dual Feed it, Since I Have two boxes, i'd put on on MSG, and one on NESN HD Feed (HDNet),

Put the Audio from the MSG Feed to the Surround sound, and just mute the NESNHD,

But since I had neither i can so....

I used to have a Tivo and an HD receiver hooked up to the same TV, but I replaced them with the HD DVR. Not that it would matter since we don't get MSG this far south anyway....

The only way I can listen to Jennerat (or however the **** he spells it) is to bring my laptop downstairs and stream the audio from NHL.com. I think I'll just use my surround sound instead. I'm happy just to be able to see the game for once, especially in HD.

SabreEleven
02-01-2007, 09:13 AM
All the Boston games off that Boston channel seem to be in HD. MSG's picture for the Sabres games are horrible. All the other games look pretty good even in Non-HD, but I switch over to the Sabres MSG game and the quality just plummets. I think MSG pulled out their 1970's equipment to show the Sabres games since they are second class to the other NY teams. The Boston feed even without a HD receiver looks 10X better than the MSG feed.

SkateZilla
02-01-2007, 09:39 AM
All the Boston games off that Boston channel seem to be in HD. MSG's picture for the Sabres games are horrible. All the other games look pretty good even in Non-HD, but I switch over to the Sabres MSG game and the quality just plummets. I think MSG pulled out their 1970's equipment to show the Sabres games since they are second class to the other NY teams. The Boston feed even without a HD receiver looks 10X better than the MSG feed.

Boston Got Lucky, The HD Network that was installed in their arena wasn't paid for by them...

Now, HSBC should get HDNetwork Installed (1080o cameras are cheaper now that 1080p is coming), they should just use those cameras, they have better focal clarity, better color and contract receiving, and just broadcast the game wide screen, and put the score overlay in the letterbox on the top/bottom

OpIv37
02-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Comcast Sportsnet broadcasts all the Caps and Wizards games locally in HD.

SkateZilla
02-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Comcast Sportsnet broadcasts all the Caps and Wizards games locally in HD.

Verizon Center Has an HD Camera network as well,

When VS covers HSBC Arena Games they bring their own HD Cameras...

BlackMetalNinja
02-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Awesome Op! Thanks for posting it or I would have missed it. It especially rules since I won't get the MSG feed anyways, It'll be NESN for me since it's an away game.

pjw
02-01-2007, 06:03 PM
This sucks! The Fn direct tv guy is here right now and he aint done! he better hurry the f up!

BlackMetalNinja
02-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Give him an extra $20 and you'll be watching in no time.

SabreEleven
02-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Did you get it up?

The_Philster
02-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Did you get it up?
c'mon...I know he's your brother and all..but isn't that question just a tad personal? :shakeno:

pjw
02-01-2007, 06:48 PM
the direct tv is no up yet

SabreEleven
02-01-2007, 07:17 PM
c'mon...I know he's your brother and all..but isn't that question just a tad personal? :shakeno:

It's a personal conversation. Don't read it. Thanks.