X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Kelsay is not going to get resigned...

I highly doubt that we resign Kelsay. It doesn't make any sense when you think about it. With Fewell being a fan of Hargrove and Denney still under contract I don't see Kelsay as a viable signing because we just don't need him. I believe that we will draft a rookie DE and work him in behind Schobel.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Kelsay is not going to get resigned...

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    I highly doubt that we resign Kelsay. It doesn't make any sense when you think about it. With Fewell being a fan of Hargrove and Denney still under contract I don't see Kelsay as a viable signing because we just don't need him. I believe that we will draft a rookie DE and work him in behind Schobel.
    I think hargrove starts at LDE unless we draft a guy in round one

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

I agree, Kelsay will not be gettin any better, and he disappears for long stretchs with out making a play, he is young and would be good depth but expensive depth, it is not like he didnt have his shot, and only have like 10 careers sacks in 4 years doesnt justify payin him, I like hargroves energy and size, plus he is very young and came in here and learned a new D on the fly, to me a FA or Draft pick will replace his spot on the roster, also that Denney can play all postions on the line and is under contract doesnt bode well for Kelsay either
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

I like Kelsay better than Denney,but because Denney is under contract it wouldn't make a ton of sense to re-sign Kelsay.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I think it depends on the market. If we can retain him at a reasonable price, we probably will. If he gets an offer that the Bills' percieve as greater than his value, they'll let him walk.

I like our DEs, and would like to see us keep Hargrove and Kelsay, along with Schobel and Denney. But I agree that Hargrove has more upside than Kelsay, and it would not be a great loss if Kelsay signed elsewhere.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Hargrove has already proven he can get over 5 sacks a season when he was the rams. Of course, he had leonard little to open it up, but we already have schobel, so there's no reason to think he can't accomplish that feat.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              I think it depends on the market. If we can retain him at a reasonable price, we probably will. If he gets an offer that the Bills' percieve as greater than his value, they'll let him walk.

I like our DEs, and would like to see us keep Hargrove and Kelsay, along with Schobel and Denney. But I agree that Hargrove has more upside than Kelsay, and it would not be a great loss if Kelsay signed elsewhere.
              that sums it up perfect.

whether or not Kelsay is a Bill in the future totally depends on the market for him.

I have a feeling that another team will offer him at least what denny got, 4 years 10 mill, with 2-3 mill up front.

personally, if we could get him for what we got denny for, i would do it.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Marvelous
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Kerr
                Hargrove has already proven he can get over 5 sacks a season when he was the rams. Of course, he had leonard little to open it up, but we already have schobel, so there's no reason to think he can't accomplish that feat.
                Couldn't that be said for Denney too????

Was Hardgrove a 3rd down//situational pass rusher like denney?
                GO BILLS!!! NE
                Magical Trevor

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  personally, if we could get him for what we got denny for, i would do it.
                  Why? We could draft a late round rookie to be just as effective and save the money wasted.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Bringing back guys like Kelsay,Fletcher,Gandy etc. is staying in park.

Lets throw this program into overdrive and visit the playoffs.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

People are getting confused around here:

Schobel was drafted by the Bills, in the 2nd round, in 2001.

Dennney was drafted by the Bills, in the 2nd round, in 2002.

Kelsay was drafted by the Bills, in the 2nd round, in 2003.

Schobel is actually younger than Denney even though he was drafted a year earlier.

My point is that these aren't 4th or 5th rounders here. We wasted 2nd round picks, 2 years in a row, for tweedle dee and tweedle dum. It's been very disappointing. Let Kelsay walk and get ready to jettison Denney after this year. We aren't going any where with these two losers.

Comment

• Bert102176
                        • Aug 2002

we need to upgrade anyways even Hargrove isn't that good
                        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Unless they restructure there aint no way Denney is coming back unless this organization is high on crack.

his cap figure for next year is 2.9 million.. Umm, I DONT THINK SO

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            Unless they restructure there aint no way Denney is coming back unless this organization is high on crack.

his cap figure for next year is 2.9 million.. Umm, I DONT THINK SO
                            Cheaper than re-signing Kelsay. Let him play out the last year of his contract as a back-up to Hargrove. It's not like we need the cap space.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

2.9 mill is nothing in todays market. that is what you pay for good back ups.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X