• Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Official: Giants vs. Fins in London

Off the AP wire at work ....

Giants to play Dolphins in London next season
    By BARRY WILNER
    AP Football Writer
    MIAMI (AP) - The Miami Dolphins will host the New York Giants in a regular-season game in London later this year.
    A person familiar with the NFL's decision told The Associated Press on Thursday that the Dolphins will move a home game overseas. The source spoke on condition of anonymity because the announcement will not be made until after commissioner Roger Goodell's Super Bowl news conference Friday.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Official: Giants vs. Fins in London

Glad that not us.. Sucks for the phins, thats a loss of a home game... O well.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Although I would have been happy to see them on National TV, I'm glad that they don't have to go overseas for it. Sucks for Miami.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

glad it wasn't buffalo. the last thing we can afford (litterally) is to lose a home game

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

All teams will eventually
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• bluehaze
            • Sep 2006

People say it's an honor to be selected to play in this game. Personally I think it's akin to being selected for jury duty.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Losing a home game just plain sucks. I am 100% glad it's not Buffalo.

I think the Bills will get alot more TV time this year based on the schedule and the fact that they will be a very good team this coming year.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                • Sep 2003

Gee, do you think season tickets for the fish be cheaper, I bet they get screwed! As much as I love the dolphins (2 wins a year) I feel for their fans! I am sure w. Huz will get a boatload of cash from the stadium over there and screw his own fans with season ticket prices!

Comment

• dolphan117
                  • Dec 2005

I did hear that they gave both us and the Giants our by week after the game so at least we wont have a short week coming home. With all the travel it will be a short week leading up to the game but probably not much worse than playing on Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                    • Jul 2002

I still absolutely HATE the idea of a regular season game being "hosted" overseas. I hope the ratings tank.
                    Originally posted by notacon
                    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Cntrygal
                      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dolphan117
                      I did hear that they gave both us and the Giants our by week after the game so at least we wont have a short week coming home. With all the travel it will be a short week leading up to the game but probably not much worse than playing on Thanksgiving.
                      I can't believe that they didn't have you traveling to NE immediately after getting back. Congrats on the bye week at least.
                      Originally posted by notacon
                      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                        I still absolutely HATE the idea of a regular season game being "hosted" overseas. I hope the ratings tank.

Me too!...

GO BILLS!!!!!!
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                        X