X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marlboro Man
    • Jan 2007

I just saw that London Fletcher is

on your team and is set to leave via FA. Quite a few on our board would like to sign him. What are your thoughts?
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: I just saw that London Fletcher is

The fans are divided....some of us think he's underrated, others think he's not very good.
    Here's a link for you to get a feel for the opinions around here....

i personally would be happy to keep him.

Comment

• Marlboro Man
      • Jan 2007

I know how you feel. Unfortunately we as fans don't always get to keep our favorite players for one reason or another. Defensively for our Saints, we are and have been desparate for quality CB's and LB's. Finally, it seems that we have a coaching staff that also recognizes those glaring weaknesses. Well, gotta go now to make a quote for some graphics for a trucking company. I'll check back in later.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
        • Aug 2005

hey shelby, move this to the Bills forum!

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla *****
          • Jul 2002

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Marlboro Man
            I know how you feel. Unfortunately we as fans don't always get to keep our favorite players for one reason or another. Defensively for our Saints, we are and have been desparate for quality CB's and LB's. Finally, it seems that we have a coaching staff that also recognizes those glaring weaknesses. Well, gotta go now to make a quote for some graphics for a trucking company. I'll check back in later.
            I live here in NO and while im a bills fan them being the local team I follow them relativley close.

While I dont know that the Saints can afford Clements, Fletcher would be a solid addition for them. Personally I had hoped the Bills would keep him, but I think hed continue his solid play with a change of scenery.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

on your team and is set to leave via FA. Quite a few on our board would like to sign him. What are your thoughts?
              It depends on the defense he is in. If he has two huge tackles in front of him he can do ok. If he has to play a cover 2 ILB where he has to cover more etc he isn't that good at all

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                It depends on the defense he is in. If he has two huge tackles in front of him he can do ok. If he has to play a cover 2 ILB where he has to cover more etc he isn't that good at all
                something that's true of every player....a world-beater in one system could suck in another...and vice versa
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

Hollis Thomas is a big mofo. As is young.
                  http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    something that's true of every player....a world-beater in one system could suck in another...and vice versa
                    Agreed. He isn't the right fit for this sytem at all.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by shelby
                      The fans are divided....some of us think he's underrated, others think he's not very good.
                      Here's a link for you to get a feel for the opinions around here....

i personally would be happy to keep him.
                      Are there alot of fans here that think we should keep him? I think that's true of Clements but I think most are pretty content with Fletcher leaving. A 32 year old, undersized LB, that we would have to pay around 4 million a year to keep. I'll take my chances in the draft.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Hollis Thomas is also no longer a saint.. he is a free agent.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

I think you get a guy who cares, is aging, but is youthfull at heart. Hes the type that gives you all he has. Hes a classic overachiever. However, he also has physical limitations that may hurt your team if your not properly setup to avoid them. For example, if your DL on are on the small side, and runners are consistently getting to Fletch, you can expect him to give up yards on the ground. He just doesnt have the size/strength to hit and haul down the bigger/stronger RB's by himself. But if hes playing with big guys in front of him, he will do fine at getting assists.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

as fans it doesn't really matter what we think. Fletch says he wants out and Marv is rebuilding for youth (Fletch is 32), therefore he's gone.

Personally, I think Fletch is a solid player but his big numbers make up for the fact that he doesn't make a lot of big plays (although in fairness he did have a few key interceptions this year). And he's not very good against the run in our new system.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bert102176
                              • Aug 2002

Fletch didn't say he wanted out I don't think, he said that he wants the big payday to secure his future and that isn't gonna happen here
                              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                              X