PDA

View Full Version : Biron could be real valuable

camelcowboy
02-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I know he's needed here, but we could get alot for him especially the way he's playing as of late. I wonder if Darcy is tempted.

YardRat
02-01-2007, 08:35 PM
You think it's merely a coincidence that Biron is playing back to back games against the Bruins so soon after the all-star break with the trading deadline coming up in a couple of weeks?

Nighthawk
02-01-2007, 08:37 PM
If they could get something that would add to this team, plus a capable backup...then I do it.

Philagape
02-01-2007, 08:46 PM
A big obstacle is that any team trading for Biron would want to reach a long-term deal first. Why give up anything good for a pending FA? He's not a rental.

camelcowboy
02-01-2007, 09:09 PM
You think it's merely a coincidence that Biron is playing back to back games against the Bruins so soon after the all-star break with the trading deadline coming up in a couple of weeks?

I wouldn't read to much into it, Miller's burnt and ruff will ride the hot goalie. If there is any weakness in ruffs coaching its how he handles his goal tenders.

Dr. Lecter
02-01-2007, 09:39 PM
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Philagape
02-01-2007, 09:58 PM
You just know that if we trade Biron, Miller will get hurt.

SabreEleven
02-01-2007, 11:14 PM
did anybody catch the pre game? ....First words out of Rays mouth was that he thought it was great idea that Biron started back-to-back because he wasn't really test on Tuesday....buttttt the moron named him his second star of that game on Tuesday...he has taken one too many hits to the head.

YardRat
02-02-2007, 05:07 AM
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

I'd rather not see it done either, Doc, but if we could get a first level defenseman and a back-up for Miller in exchange, I'd be awfully tempted.

You have to make a real effort at grabbing the brass ring, and sometimes that means taking a chance.

ricogarion
02-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Marty is a quality man and to lose him in trade would be a huge gap to fill.But he needs to play somewhere full time and the Sabres are looking for a huge upgrade to assure their grasp of Lord Stanley.

BlackMetalNinja
02-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Marty could be quite valuable... on our bench, backing up Miller. The teams in teh NHL that succeed are 2 goalie teams (except NJ, Brodeur is not human). We need him as an insurance policy and to give Ryan a breather in the postseason. I see no reason at all he should be involved in a trade. If he goes, everything falls completely on Miller and any injury to him shoots us in the head basically.

Michael82
02-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Marty could be quite valuable... on our bench, backing up Miller. The teams in teh NHL that succeed are 2 goalie teams (except NJ, Brodeur is not human). We need him as an insurance policy and to give Ryan a breather in the postseason. I see no reason at all he should be involved in a trade. If he goes, everything falls completely on Miller and any injury to him shoots us in the head basically.
:bf1:

G Wolly
02-02-2007, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't say he's going that great lately since it was against a team on a 5 game losing streak. In my opinion he is a good goalie, but tries to hard to make a highlight reel save instead of just stopping it.

OpIv37
02-02-2007, 02:27 PM
there are good arguments on both sides. Biron had a hell of a game last night and he's an asset to this team, especially if Miller goes down. Even now, he's valuable in keeping us hot while giving Miller some rest down the home stretch.

That being said, as camel pointed out, but Khalinin and Lydman had bad games yesterday and Tallinder still looks out of practice from being injured. This team really could use a physical defenseman.

Of course, those of you who actually get to watch most of the games may have stronger/more valid opinions on this. I'm going on a relatively small sample size- I've only been able to watch 3 games since Christmas.

I think this is one of those instances where we have to defer to the FO's expertise.