X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ricogarion
    • Apr 2003

Shopping for a new team.

You are a Free Agent in a month and can sign anywhere,your agent thinks the Buffalo Bills are one of the teams that can use your services.Now your process is to decide wether this team is truly an up and coming team? What benefits do you see in this franchise? What will or will not sell you on choosing the Bills.
    I'm your huckleberry.

Wyatt Earp: "Been hitting it awful hard, haven't ya?"

Doc Holliday: Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: Shopping for a new team.

Pros: Great fan base, best food in the country, beautiful winters, best summer in the country, blue collar (the way a football town should be), Marv, good community for a family, D that is one step away from being elite, O that is slowly getting better, great special teams, player's coach

Cons: Small market, low spending, possible move in a few years, awful winters, high taxes

Looks good to me!

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

The new scoreboard and that ribbon board around the stadium. That will put them in a hypnotic trance, forcing them to sign.

Hell, Fletcher signed with us after a 3-13 season. It's all perception & . Plus Marv and Jauron have a good rep. A 7-9 team that looks to be improving. The Bills can target a couple key guys or more and get them to strongly consider coming here, little dout.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

It depends on what the individual is looking for. If they want to be a part of a young team with a tremendous amount of potential, and the position they play is condusive of the teams style, and they don't mind playing for a team that won't pay beaucoup bucks, but will give you an enormous sense of pride in a city with a hometown feel...then they've come to the right place. Buffalo is still one of the few franchises in the league that concerns itself with the game of football and not the bueracratic BS the majority of the league tends to rotate around.

Comment

• BillsNick
          • Jul 2003

Pros: Excellent leadership and front office, strong nucleus of young talented players, loyal fanbase, Niagra Falls, nice areas to have a family

Cons: Weather, small market

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

For one second stop thinking like a fan and answer this from an NFL players' perspective. Assuming he has heard little to nothing about the Bills other than what he gets from the national media (who hates Buffalo)

Pros: New Scoreboard going into stadium, Up and Coming young QB, A coach that the players like, Marv Levy still in the organization

Cons: Ancient Owner, Old first time GM, Old Stadium, Very little opportunity for national advertising contract, Perennial Loser, 4 SuperBowl Losses, Terrible Offensive Line, Nate Clements wants to leave, Cheap Owner, Cold Winters, Even Colder home games in Nov/Dec/Jan, Uncertainty of organization's future, 4 games last year that didnt sell out even though the Bills were in the playoff hunt for all of them, No Monday/Sunday night games for national recognition.

Sorry, but this is what I feel is the national perspective of Buffalo and the Bills

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

I question all the "loyal fan base" stuff that everyone is dishing out sometimes.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Weather doesn't mean anything to me. I'd go for winning and money. Not sure the Bills can supply either.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bwbrenton
                  Pros: Great fan base, best food in the country, beautiful winters, best summer in the country, blue collar (the way a football town should be), Marv, good community for a family, D that is one step away from being elite, O that is slowly getting better, great special teams, player's coach

Cons: Small market, low spending, possible move in a few years, awful winters, high taxes

Looks good to me!
                  the D is far from being elite- we're at least 4 players away. And I don't think it will be elite as long as we have this stupid Tampa 2 system.

But I agree with pretty much everything else you said.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    the D is far from being elite- we're at least 4 players away. And I don't think it will be elite as long as we have this stupid Tampa 2 system.

Yeah, because there are no elite Tampa 2 (or modified Tampa 2) systems in the NFL.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      Yeah, because there are no elite Tampa 2 (or modified Tampa 2) systems in the NFL.
                      just one: Chicago. And unless you know how to get an Urlacher, a Briggs, a Tank Johnson and a Tommie Harris within the confines of available FA's, the draft and the salary cap, we'll never be Chicago.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• User Manuel
                        The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                        • Nov 2003

Throw enough money at them and Buffalo looks like San Diego.

Call me cynical. They are all mercenaries.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

Well, Tampa had a pretty dominant Tampa 2.

As far as weather, while I and many others don't like it, there are some that like the winter season. I remember that the winter weather was a factor in Bryce Paup coming over from Green Bay when he signed w/ the Bills. He was a big snowmobile enthusiast and loves the NE.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                            Well, Tampa had a pretty dominant Tampa 2.

As far as weather, while I and many others don't like it, there are some that like the winter season. I remember that the winter weather was a factor in Bryce Paup coming over from Green Bay when he signed w/ the Bills. He was a big snowmobile enthusiast and loves the NE.
                            HAD is the key word. They lost some key players and teams are catching on to the Tampa 2 now that it's been around for a few years. Hence, they were up there with Carolina and Miami as far as disappointing teams in 06 and they're drafting higher than we are.

As far as the weather, I grew up in Rochester so snow and cold were just facts of life- I didn't know anything else. But when I moved down here, I was surprised to see how many people were completely put off by the thought of that much cold and snow. I think the weather is a significant challenge in attracting players- I'm sure most of them don't give a damn about the weather on Game Day, but living in it is a significant deterrent.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Don't Panic
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37

I'd say 3... a DE or DT, a LB and a replacement for Clements and we're a top 10/pushing top 5 D.

Comment

Working...
                              X