PDA

View Full Version : Saturday At 2:30pm, Thurman Thomas Should Hear His Phone Ringing

Night Train
02-02-2007, 03:27 PM
It will be Canton calling.:bf1:

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=253

Jan Reimers
02-02-2007, 03:29 PM
I really hope so. I think he and Andre both deserve it, and it would be nice if they went in together.

Historian
02-02-2007, 03:30 PM
For all the thrills they've given us over the years...I agree.

patmoran2006
02-02-2007, 03:33 PM
I think Thurm is a lock.

and Reed isn't getting in.. sorry.

Jan Reimers
02-02-2007, 03:35 PM
I think Thurm is a lock.

and Reed isn't getting in.. sorry.
You may be right about Andre, but he was a better receiver than most who are already in.

patmoran2006
02-02-2007, 03:37 PM
You may be right about Andre, but he was a better receiver than most who are already in.
I dont disagree..but I think both Irvin and especially Monk would get in before him.

Captain gameboy
02-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Prototypical new age back.

Could, and did, do it all.

Made that offense.

RockStar36
02-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I don't know about Monk. He has already been passed over many times. It would irritate me if Irvin got in and Reed didn't.

Night Train
02-02-2007, 03:40 PM

I agree Jan but the out of town media views him as a good player who dropped a lot of balls in 4 SB's. That will kill him with many voters. Hope I'm wrong and he eventually does get in.
The problem is more modern day WR candidates will keep popping up with bigger stats and he'll be forgotten. He needs to get in within the next 2-3 years or he may be a senior candidate before it happens.

I think Thurman and Bruce Matthews are LOCKS.

patmoran2006
02-02-2007, 03:42 PM
All the more reason I think Monk is going to get in this Saturday and Reed won't...

And because Irvin has three rings and had his career cut short with an injury, I also think he's going to get in.. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if he made it over Monk if only one of them get in.

But Reed will be THIRD on that pecking order and they aint p utting three WR's in this year.. Which doesnt bode well for Reed, because this is probably the weakest HOF class we'll see for the next several years.

Meanwhile, Thurman is 100% lock to get in.. He should've been in last year. He'll be the first call Saturday.

patmoran2006
02-02-2007, 03:42 PM
I agree Jan but the out of town media views him as a good player who dropped a lot of balls in 4 SB's. That will kill him with many voters. Hope I'm wrong and he eventually does get in.
The problem is more modern day WR candidates will keep popping up with bigger stats and he'll be forgotten. He needs to get in within the next 2-3 years or he may be a senior candidate before it happens.

I think Thurman and Bruce Matthews are LOCKS.

WIth you on Matthews.. Thomas is a real lock and Matthews is the next closest thing to one.

Night Train
02-02-2007, 03:43 PM
It would irritate me if Irvin got in and Reed didn't.

Then get ready to be mad. I can't stand Irvin but he's probably more popular with the voters, due to the rings and the Dallas rep during that era.

Bmax
02-03-2007, 02:38 AM
Monk retired as the all time leading receiver.....Thurman in..Monk In Irvin in matthews in...Guy in and Derrick Thomas in.....

Bmax

BlackMetalNinja
02-03-2007, 05:23 AM
Definitely think Thurman's going this year, and well deserved. I have to agree with most here that Andre is probably out of luck unfortunately. While I never liked Irvin either, the man has some pretty good numbers and more importantly a handful of rings.

Historian
02-03-2007, 05:48 AM
I can't stand Irvin but he's probably more popular with the voters, due to the rings and the Dallas rep during that era.

It's not that he's more popular...it's that he's on TV.

Had ESPN never hired him, he would be remembered as the Cowboy reciever that got caught with the crack whore.

Instead, he's a first ballot HOFer, who does commentary, commercials, and cameos in film.

:rolleyes:

Night Train
02-03-2007, 07:42 PM

I don't think the 40 voters are influenced by that at all. :rolleyes:

He played on 3 SB winning teams and has the 2nd most receptions in post season history, to go with many TD's. Unfortunately, Reed dropped a lot of passes in the post season and that may keep him on the outside looking in.

G. Host
02-04-2007, 07:28 PM

Had ESPN never hired him, he would be remembered as the Cowboy reciever that got caught with the crack whore.

Instead, he's a first ballot HOFer, who does commentary, commercials, and cameos in film.

:rolleyes:

Someone who tells it like it is. :clap: