• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Some Interesting Sleepers

TE Rodney Hannah 6'8 245lbs, Houston
    Hannah could potentially become the next Antonio Gates. Aside from incredible size, he runs the 40 at 4.55 speed. He played basketball for Houston his freshman, sophmore, and junior year. So he lacks alot of experience, but has the potential to be a dominant TE's with the right coaching.
    Projected: UDFA

QB Tyler Thigpen 6'3 225lbs, Coastal Carolina
    Did not play football his senior year of HS, and Coastal Carolina only began their football program in 2003. Runs a 4.75 40, and does 18 reps on the bench press. Went from 705 yards, and 5 TDs in 03, to 1008 yards, and 8Td's, then 1589 11TD in 05, and finally he had 3296 29td's and 11ints.

Two guys who have lots of potential, and may be good PS, NFLE pickups who in time could become good players.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Some Interesting Sleepers

Hannah looks interesting.

I don't know anything about Thigpen or Coastal Carolina...What kind of offense did he run there?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      TE Rodney Hannah 6'8 245lbs, Houston
      Hannah could potentially become the next Antonio Gates. Aside from incredible size, he runs the 40 at 4.55 speed. He played basketball for Houston his freshman, sophmore, and junior year. So he lacks alot of experience, but has the potential to be a dominant TE's with the right coaching.

QB Tyler Thigpen 6'3 225lbs, Coastal Carolina
      Did not play football his senior year of HS, and Coastal Carolina only began their football program in 2003. Runs a 4.75 40, and does 18 reps on the bench press. Went from 705 yards, and 5 TDs in 03, to 1008 yards, and 8Td's, then 1589 11TD in 05, and finally he had 3296 29td's and 11ints.

Two guys who have lots of potential, and may be good PS, NFLE pickups who in time could become good players.
      Is he the next Antonio Gates or the next Adrian Autry? Just because he played basketball and has size doesnt necessarily mean hes gonna be Antonio Gates.

That said, he sounds intriguing and if hes an undrafted, why the hell not.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
        Hannah looks interesting.

I don't know anything about Thigpen or Coastal Carolina...What kind of offense did he run there?

Cant tell you what the offensive philosphy up there is but Thigpen led the team in passing and running.

217-339 cmp-att
        64% cmp pct

113att
        780yd
        5.8 ypc
        5td

Looks like an option style offense, but the kid can throw it and has all-pro arm strength
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Wasn't there a Yancey Thigpen years ago? Any relation. There can't be too many Thigpens running around.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

great post Draftboy! these guys r true sleepers especially Hannah

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
              Wasn't there a Yancey Thigpen years ago? Any relation. There can't be too many Thigpens running around.

Im not sure, I thought Yancey Thigpen was black as opposed to Tyler who is white. I could be wrong. I dont really remember Yancey.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

Yancey played WR for the Steelers most of his career. That dude could flat out fly. His best season was 79 catches for 1398 yards, 7 TD's. And yes...he was black.

Comment

Working...
                X