PDA

View Full Version : If the Bears win, how many father-sons have rings?

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-03-2007, 06:00 AM
If Brian Griese gets a ring tomorrow, how many father and sons would have a ring?

RockStar36
02-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Beats me. Good question. Also, does Griese get a ring automatically? I thought the players had to play at least one down to officially be in the Super Bowl and get a ring.

Michael82
02-03-2007, 07:39 AM
Beats me. Good question. Also, does Griese get a ring automatically? I thought the players had to play at least one down to officially be in the Super Bowl and get a ring.
Not true. Remember RJ got a ring for doing nothing.... :ill: :puke:

RockStar36
02-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Good call Mikey. I don't know why I thought that. I think it goes back to the Cowboys letting Bernie Kosar take a knee at the end of a SB. I always thought they let him do that so that he could get his ring. Hmmm...learn something new everyday.

Historian
02-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Don Shula and Dave....err....Mike.....ummmm...

Forget it.

Dr. Lecter
02-03-2007, 09:13 AM
If the Colts win, then the Moorhead's both have rings as well.

Dr. Lecter
02-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Not true. Remember RJ got a ring for doing nothing.... :ill: :puke:

He started that year and the Bucs won a key game.

I always like to point out to the Flutie-"lickers" (Just for TD!) that RJ has a Super Bowl ring and the midget does not.

Dozerdog
02-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Beats me. Good question. Also, does Griese get a ring automatically? I thought the players had to play at least one down to officially be in the Super Bowl and get a ring.The NFL gives the winning team a couple million dollars to budget for rings. Kraft and Jones (and some other flamboyant owners) sometimes kick in more for more elaborate rings.

There are no rules on who gets a ring. Traditionally anyone on the roster at any time during the year gets one- allthough I beleive Kraft stiffed Terry Glenn (maybe someone else- NE39 might know) because he was a major PITA most of the 2001 season - he played a game or two but was injured and a holdout.

Many teams order different "versions" of rings too. Player's rings might run $25-30K each, but replica rings for 1/10th the cost are made for front office people, broadcasters, trainers, you name it. The Pats and other teams would order hundereds of rings. This happens in most sports too- hockey, baseballl, and so on

DynaPaul
02-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Everyone on the team gets a ring whether you've played a down or not.

Stewie
02-03-2007, 02:33 PM
and Brian Griese already has two rings from Denver.

BILLSROCK1212
02-03-2007, 09:10 PM
and Brian Griese already has two rings from Denver.so i guess we root for the Colts and Aaron Morehead but if Griese were to win does that make him equally as good as Brady or equally as good as Rohan Davey?

Bert102176
02-03-2007, 11:31 PM
I kinda would like to see the Bears win this one cause Manning I am sure will have more chances but rex Grossman C'mon he sucks and I doubt he'll make it back plus I would like to see Reubin Brown get a ringI feel he deserves it

Michael82
02-04-2007, 09:25 AM
I kinda would like to see the Bears win this one cause Manning I am sure will have more chances but rex Grossman C'mon he sucks and I doubt he'll make it back plus I would like to see Reubin Brown get a ringI feel he deserves it
But there are also two guys that deserve a ring on the Colts and have former Bills connections....

Bill Polian is their GM
Pete Metzelaars is their Quality Control Coach