PDA

View Full Version : DE Patrick Kerney

RedEyE
02-03-2007, 08:23 AM
With the Falcons having overspent last year on top tier FA's like John Abraham, Edgerton Hartwell, Grady Jackson and Lawyer Milloy, they have only $10 million doallars to spend on free agency this year.

DE Patrick Kerney is set to be a FA this year and chances are with certain negotiaions in progress (Schaub ect), the fact they have to beef up their offensive line, and we all know they are in dire straits as far as their WR corp is concerned, they aren't going to be able to retain him. Tagging him is possible, but unrealistic. While the Falcons and Kerney are in contract talks, they technically don't need his services. These negotiations have "fall through" written all over them.

Kerney has an exceptional reputation on and off the field and would bring a great amount of balance to the Bills rushing D.

I know we all believe that a DT is what this team truly requires, and while agree, the DTs avaible in the draft and in FA are just not at an acceptable level for this team. And a guy like Ian Scott is going to be next to impossible to corral as he's going to seek top money regardless on whether or not the Bears retain him.

With Clements on his way out, if the Bills feel they don't need to sign or draft a replacement, a heavier pass rush is exactly what this team will nee.

I'd like to see the Bills bring Kerney in for a look.

HHURRICANE
02-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Being in Atlanta the answer is no. Plus he's white. No more white guys on D!!

Philagape
02-03-2007, 09:29 AM

Besides being white, what's the knock on him?

RedEyE
02-03-2007, 09:32 AM

What does being white, or a bieg that your from Atlanta have to do with anything? You have to have a better reason then that? I also live in Atlanat and have seen what this guy has done and what he's capable.

The guy is a quality DE that should come at a halfway decent price. We don't need a Micheal Strahan caliber player on the other side of the line. Just someone that can balance the attack and take the pressure off of Schobel from time to time.

DraftBoy
02-03-2007, 10:14 AM
He'd be a great pickup but he loves being in Atlanta dont be surprised to see him stick around at a home town discount, plus I thought I had read their negotiations were going well. They are also trying to redo some deal to make more cap.

Tatonka
02-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Kerney, when healthy, is almost the quality of schobel, imho.

i would do a back flip if we got him.

HHURRICANE
02-03-2007, 10:25 AM
What does being white, or a bieg that your from Atlanta have to do with anything? You have to have a better reason then that? I also live in Atlanat and have seen what this guy has done and what he's capable.

The guy is a quality DE that should come at a halfway decent price. We don't need a Micheal Strahan caliber player on the other side of the line. Just someone that can balance the attack and take the pressure off of Schobel from time to time.

Well have you watched him play the past 2 seasons? It hasn't been impressive. I agree with the "balance the attack" statement 100%. However, I'd rather have someone that is on his way up and not on his way down filling that spot.

SABURZFAN
02-03-2007, 10:27 AM
kerney would be a great addition but i don't see him coming to buffalo.

HHURRICANE
02-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Kerney, when healthy, is almost the quality of schobel, imho.

i would do a back flip if we got him.

As much as I want to see the Bills be aggressive in FA I would not be happy with this move. You can have older DT's but you need your DE's to be young and super athletic. I think we would regret this move. Schobel is a much better player. I've watched them both closely.

Bert102176
02-04-2007, 12:11 AM
HHURRICANE no more white guys on D your such a racist lmao, j/k

kernowboy
02-04-2007, 05:44 AM
Kerney would be the best LE since Phil Hansen

These days the term 'quality' is bandied around too easily but Pat Kerney is quality .. the best DE in Free Agency this year