PDA

View Full Version : The Sabres Head to Jersey to Play On Slurpee !! - Game Thread

SkateZilla
02-03-2007, 08:51 AM
So far, February is looking a lot better than January for the Eastern Conference-leading Buffalo Sabres.

The Sabres look to build on their first win in five road games Saturday when they visit the New Jersey Devils.

Buffalo (35-14-4) beat Boston 3-1 on Thursday for its first win on the road since a 2-1 victory over Chicago on Jan. 10. The win was also the Sabres' second in a row - both in a home-and-home series with the Bruins - since a season high-tying three-game losing streak.

[/URL]
[URL="http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Preview&gnum=790&seas=20062007&gtype=2"]NHL.COM PREVIEW (http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Preview&gnum=790&seas=20062007&gtype=2)

http://www.sabreszone.com/Zone/Stats_Images/CurrentGame.jpg

BlackMetalNinja
02-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Let's GO Buffalo!!!!!1

OpIv37
02-03-2007, 12:01 PM
it's not on TV and unfortunately I won't be home or in my car so I won't be able to listen.

But I will be using my cell phone to check the score- that's almost just like watching it on TV! :ill:

SkateZilla
02-03-2007, 01:18 PM
it's not on TV and unfortunately I won't be home or in my car so I won't be able to listen.

But I will be using my cell phone to check the score- that's almost just like watching it on TV! :ill:

http://www.comcast.net/sports/nhl/hockeylive/

Meathead
02-03-2007, 02:05 PM
assuming he cant be in front of a computer either ...

:lolpoint: op

BlackMetalNinja
02-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Mmm delicious NHL Center Ice, how I love thee... (sorry Op, but the way you bring up Sunday Ticket religiously makes me rub this in your face in return!)

SkateZilla
02-03-2007, 02:18 PM
whats with this "NO LINK?" Crap?, I posted the link, it was fine, now 10 minutes later it says no link with the link to the registering page..

Yet when i goto edit my post the original Link and formatting are still there.... hmm

BlackMetalNinja
02-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Gametime!!! I'm hoping for a real good showing tonight, because I think we're going to need it. NJ has our number generally speaking. Let's Go Sabres!

chubluv
02-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Lets go SABRES !!!!

:hockey:

Philagape
02-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Drury No. 30!! :bf1:

Iehoshua
02-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Wowww what a save by Miller!!

BlackMetalNinja
02-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Miller's getting a workout so far... They out shot us big time in the first but Drury caught Brodeur off guard!

Iehoshua
02-03-2007, 07:45 PM
...another power play for the Beelzebubs.

Iehoshua
02-03-2007, 08:36 PM
wtf? I left for 5 min and it's 1-3?

Nighthawk
02-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Wow, this team just doesn't have "it"...I hate to say that, but it seems very obvious. I don't like how this team looks against good teams.

Philagape
02-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Pretty goal there ... great pass by Hecht

SkateZilla
02-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Refs Cost us a Pt(s)..

Nighthawk
02-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Refs Cost us a Pt(s)..

yes, I agree the refs sucked, but so did the Sabres. Their play lately is very troubling.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-03-2007, 09:56 PM
yes, I agree the refs sucked, but so did the Sabres. Their play lately is very troubling.

oh :shutit: the refs should've blown the whistle imidiately Miller had it in his glove and Madden pried it out of his glove.That was the play that changed the whole game around for the Devils I'm so sick of the Devils and their ice is terrible! the puck bounces! and their stupid trap stuff!

BlackMetalNinja
02-04-2007, 08:45 AM
oh :shutit: the refs should've blown the whistle imidiately Miller had it in his glove and Madden pried it out of his glove.That was the play that changed the whole game around for the Devils I'm so sick of the Devils and their ice is terrible! the puck bounces! and their stupid trap stuff!

What were you watching... it went under his glove and almost immediately continued through and into the goal...

Why must we blame the refs. The Sabres didn't play well enough to win, plain and simple.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-04-2007, 10:36 AM
What were you watching... it went under his glove and almost immediately continued through and into the goal...

Why must we blame the refs. The Sabres didn't play well enough to win, plain and simple.

Miller was incensed at the way the Devils had scored their first goal.

New Jersey had just rifled two shots at Miller, the first ringing off the post, and the goaltender reached out to cover the second rebound. New Jersey's John Madden got his stick under Miller's glove and carried the puck into the net to make the score 1-1 just 2:02 into the third period.

Miller quickly argued with the officials that the whistle should have blown, but the goal counted. The Devils added two more in the next 21/2 minutes to pull away and hand Miller his third straight loss.

"Nothing against the referees, I've got everything to do against that call," a shaken Miller said. "I felt like I had possession and he played me, not the puck. I got kind of spun off it a bit. It's a judgment call by [the ref]. He said he saw our guy and their guy battling, which I don't know how that has anything to do with me. So, yeah, I disagree.

"It's all whether I had the puck or not. I think it's pretty obvious I have the puck when I'm getting spun in a circle and pushed in the net. It's frustrating.

"I'm not going to say one thing about those [referees]. They've got a tough job, but I have the right to disagree. It's my right as a player to ask a question. He explained it, I explained myself, and we still have a goal on the board."

Coach Lindy Ruff, who cut short his news conference for the third time in the past four road games, backed his goaltender.

"I'm unhappy with it, too," Ruff said. "It was clearly covered. He had it in his glove. It's obvious that the whistle should have blown on the play.

"Just make the call. He saw it. He was standing right there. It's in his glove. That's all it was. The puck was covered."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070204/1056469.asp

BlackMetalNinja
02-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Sorry, I didn't see it that way at all, he had the puck for an instant and then it came right out, I don't think he had much of an argument really. Oh well though, he got a lucky bounce 2 seconds before that, that could have just as easily been a goal.

mchurchfie
02-04-2007, 11:40 AM

No it didn't, it continued through only because he got mugged by that dude with his stick. Half of the time the refs blow the whistle before the puck is even froze, why should this time be any different. Agreed, the Sabres are playing like **** but they are getting ZERO love from the refs.
:monkeyp:refs

BlackMetalNinja
02-04-2007, 12:16 PM
No it didn't, it continued through only because he got mugged by that dude with his stick. Half of the time the refs blow the whistle before the puck is even froze, why should this time be any different. Agreed, the Sabres are playing like **** but they are getting ZERO love from the refs.
:monkeyp:refs

I do have a problem with the consitency of calls for the puck being frozen... Sometimes it's instantaneous, others it takes a good 3 seconds.

mchurchfie
02-04-2007, 01:11 PM
The refs are inconsistent with all of the calls. NHL refs have to be the biggest jokes there are in a professional sport.

SkateZilla
02-04-2007, 08:40 PM
The Refs are Inconsistently consistent, thats the only thing we can count on,

Miler had it in his glove, in the pocket, and the player put his tick in there and pretty much pried it out while spinning miller around...

The rest of the goals were all Legit , well the 2nd one went off a skate, and the 3rd was just a weak one, we shoulda played Biron, he playes awesome for two games, and gets benched, gay, ride him for a change, miller needs a longer rest than 2 games,

JD
02-05-2007, 02:04 AM
if it wasnt for boston we would be screaming for players to be traded.

at the moment, we SUCK.

LtFinFan66
02-05-2007, 03:45 AM
:popcorn:

ricogarion
02-05-2007, 03:47 AM
Thats just what the Sabres need right now is folks making excuses for them,the refs always are suspect.Never expect a fair shake from them and you won't be disappointed.The Sabres have a lot of passengers right now players playing without any urgency.When they look in the mirror and decide to play like the best team in the league we will see results.When they ALL decide to pull the rope together the results will be much more favorable .Lets be honest here the Sabres are in rarified air,never has a Sabres team had so much expected from it.Every team they play is warned about how good they are and they play Buffalo like a playoff game.Maybe the heat is too much for some? Champions play like Champions and expect perfection like the Red Wings,the Sabres have won nothing yet.They need to play to win but they need to learn how to handle the pressures that go with being that damn good.When they do you may see the results of their hard work but right now they are listening to how good they are.When they stop listening and start playing everyone will know how good they really are.