X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

WR is starting to look like a need!!

This year we sucked against the run. PERIOD. Tampa 2 or not we still can't continue to allow the rushing performances that we saw this year. I fully expect major changes to address this.

However the offense has their issues as well. As with Kelsay and Denney on D who, together, equal 1 good player I see the same on offense with our receiving corp. Price is not #2 material. He lacks the athletic ability to consistantly get open and unlike Evans, who will fight for a ball, Price is just going to run his route. We need a #2 who can win a ball. Especially in OP. The dilemma here is how and who? I think the Bills are hurting themselves major league if it doesn't get addressed becasue teams are not going to let Evans do what he did this year. That means a #2 that is going to make a difference when Evans is triple teamed.

Any thoughts or ideas either FA or draft. Marv will never, ever, take a WR receiver in the first round. If you doubt me think about the fact that his best 2 receivers, while he was coaching, came from schools we barely ever heard of. So those who think we are getting Jarrett or Ginn can keep dreaming.

Seriously any thoughts?
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: WR is starting to look like a need!!

We took Eric Moulds in the 1st round in 96, we took Bucky Brooks round 2 in 94, and Peerless Price in the 2nd in 99. Those were the only 'early' WR picks in the 90's. However it does defeat your comment that we will NOT take a WR early. Just cause we had long term success with players like Reed does not mean that Levy is just going to pass on a good WR because he thinks he can find another Andre.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

There aren't any instant-impact WRs in FA. The closest IMO is Drew Bennett. So if we want a guy who will make a difference immediately, it will have to be a pick in the first two rounds (maybe Bowe?). Otherwise we'll have to develop a lower-round pick or hope what we have gets better.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i can see us going about 10 different ways in the draft. RB, wr, ROT, DT, DE, LB, CB, trade up, trade down, OG, C..

the only picks that would really piss me off on the first day are QB, Safety, or LT.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

we don't need to draft a WR unless c.johnson falls to us at #12 and i don't see that happening.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            we don't need to draft a WR unless c.johnson falls to us at #12 and i don't see that happening.
            I tend to agree here. However are you saying that we don't need to improve the WR corps?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              I tend to agree here. However are you saying that we don't need to improve the WR corps?

i didn't say that.i said that we don't need to draft a WR.
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                • Aug 2002

i didn't say that.i said that we don't need to draft a WR.
                So, what would your plan be to address the WR issue? If we don't draft a WR and FA is severly limited this off-season, what's your move?
                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I disagree I think Jarrett is a more NFL ready prospect, but he will not be as good as CJ in the end.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    I disagree I think Jarrett is a more NFL ready prospect, but he will not be as good as CJ in the end.

this team has other needs that need addressing.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

I don't think WR is a need position. At this point it looks more like a luxury pick we cannot afford with the other positions like LB, CB, DT, OL that are screaming for help.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
                        I don't think WR is a need position. At this point it looks more like a luxury pick we cannot afford with the other positions like LB, CB, DT, OL that are screaming for help.

And who at those posistions is woth the #12 pick value wise? Willis? Maybe, Hall? No, Revis? No, Brown? No, Okoye? No.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

this team has other needs that need addressing.

This has a need at every posistion but QB, S, and P. And I know you'll disagree about QB, lets not go there this time. We need to take BPA, and if Jarrett falls to 12, he'll be the BPA.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Back on topic. Who if we go FA and where and when if through the draft?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              This has a need at every posistion but QB, S, and P. And I know you'll disagree about QB, lets not go there this time.

that wasn't one of the positions that i had in mind when i said we need to address other positions.

it's funny how you want to bring it up but you don't want to go there.like your opinions about college players,they aren't always right.

Comment

Working...
                              X