PDA

View Full Version : Most realistic top 10 mock i've seen yet.

Kerr
02-03-2007, 11:06 AM
http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mock_draft.htm

Many think Arizona will pick Branch, but it makes sense they pick up nelson with a young secondary. The FO for the cardinals has missed more than hit on d-line draft pick in previous year. Dockett may be the only good pick. The 'skins don't have enough pass rush with Andre Carter so either adams or anderson could go at this spot. It seems the vikings have been dissapointed with troy williamson. After johnson, ginn is next. They need another receiver. The texans missed out on Bush. They won't pass on peterson. The dolphins need help in the secondary more than they need on D-line.

DraftBoy
02-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Not even a good draft.

Ginn before Jarrett, even though Childress has stated he doesnt like taking 1st roun WRs

Hughes is not even the top CB in the draft and is likely a 2nd rounder

Atlanta doesnt need a DT

ICE74129
02-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Not even a good draft.

Ginn before Jarrett, even though Childress has stated he doesnt like taking 1st roun WRs

Atlanta doesnt need a DT

Exactly and the only people I hear talking injury prone on peterson are pure detractors....most likely TexASS fans.

The kid is just fine, he will be a great NFL back.

TacklingDummy
02-03-2007, 11:44 AM

The Bills should waste a draft pick on the next Ki-Jana Carter.:funny:

DraftBoy
02-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Exactly and the only people I hear talking injury prone on peterson are pure detractors....most likely TexASS fans.

Yea yea yea, we know you hate Texas players, though a year later atleast admit finally that you maybe had a little bias against Huff last year. Just a small bit.

Kerr
02-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Not even a good draft.

Atlanta doesnt need a DT

The vikings have a solid running game and O-line. They won't draft a qb w/ the first pick. Yet no real threat at receiver. Addressing D-ends is the least of their worries with the mammoths they have in the middle.

Hughes is not the top rated cb, but his production alone could get him ahead of the corners. Not the first time it's happened.

Atlanta has no youth at Dt. Grady jackson is aging and rod colemen is a fa.

DraftBoy
02-03-2007, 12:30 PM
The vikings have a solid running game and O-line. They won't draft a qb w/ the first pick. Yet no real threat at receiver. Addressing D-ends is the least of their worries with the mammoths they have in the middle.

Hughes is not the top rated cb, but his production alone could get him ahead of the corners. Not the first time it's happened.

Atlanta has no youth at Dt. Grady jackson is aging and rod colemen is a fa.

Brad Childress has said he doesnt take WRs in Round 1, what else could you possibly need to hear. I know they need a WR, you know that. I think they may take Jarrett, but no way does Ginn go before Jarrett.

Hughes is 2 inches shorter (atleast) then reported in his media guide, he is one of the slowest top ranked CBs, and he got burned at the senior bowl. Production be damned.

Atlanta loves Jonathan Babineaux at DT, I think he's 25. He's been a force for them. I dont see Coleman as listed as an FA. They also have rookie Tommy Jackson and youngster Darryl Shopshire they use at DT.

Kerr
02-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Brad Childress has said he doesnt take WRs in Round 1, what else could you possibly need to hear. I know they need a WR, you know that. I think they may take Jarrett, but no way does Ginn go before Jarrett.

Hughes is 2 inches shorter (atleast) then reported in his media guide, he is one of the slowest top ranked CBs, and he got burned at the senior bowl. Production be damned.

Atlanta loves Jonathan Babineaux at DT, I think he's 25. He's been a force for them. I dont see Coleman as listed as an FA. They also have rookie Tommy Jackson and youngster Darryl Shopshire they use at DT.

Childress doesn't run the front office. He's not in charge of the final pick.

How may players have had poor showings in the bowl game and had good production their last year in college? If production was irrelevant, many of these top 10 candidates would not even be considered.

According to some places he's a free agent.
Banineaux was the only guy to stick out.

X-Era
02-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Not even a good draft.

Atlanta doesnt need a DT

Totally agree. Lions wont skip a QB when they have Backus, Ginn Jr, Hughes arent top 10, Quinn probably will be top 10, Branch is top 10.

This is a really really bad mock.

X-Era
02-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Childress doesn't run the front office. He's not in charge of the final pick.

How may players have had poor showings in the bowl game and had good production their last year in college? If production was irrelevant, many of these top 10 candidates would not even be considered.

According to some places he's a free agent.
Banineaux was the only guy to stick out.

Ill give you a real mock look:

Oak- J Russell/B Quinn
Det- B Quinn/J Russell
Clev-Joe Thomas
TB- Calvin Johnson
Ari- Gaines Adams
Was- Anderson/Hall
Minn- Peterson
Hou- Branch
Mia- Landry/Hall
ATL- Nelson/Anderson

YardRat
02-03-2007, 05:03 PM
I can't see Ginn going that high.

X-Era
02-03-2007, 05:26 PM
I can't see Ginn going that high.

None of the rest of us can either.

Now, if he goes into the combine or workouts and cranks out a 4.3 40, 15-20 bench press, 40+ inch vertical, all bets are off.

My guess is that he indeed runs a low 4.4 40 or maybe even a 4.3 40, but he benchs 225 maybe 3-5 times, and jump a 30 inch vertical.

The reason he isnt a top 10 WR is because he doesnt have both size and speed.

DraftBoy
02-03-2007, 06:32 PM
None of the rest of us can either.

Now, if he goes into the combine or workouts and cranks out a 4.3 40, 15-20 bench press, 40+ inch vertical, all bets are off.

My guess is that he indeed runs a low 4.4 40 or maybe even a 4.3 40, but he benchs 225 maybe 3-5 times, and jump a 30 inch vertical.

The reason he isnt a top 10 WR is because he doesnt have both size and speed.

Also the lack of experience as a WR doesnt help

Bert102176
02-03-2007, 11:43 PM
I can see Cleveland taking Peterson and if the Bills were to take a RB in the 1st I would wnt Lynch but I think they will draft Willis the ILB

X-Era
02-04-2007, 08:04 AM
I can see Cleveland taking Peterson and if the Bills were to take a RB in the 1st I would wnt Lynch but I think they will draft Willis the ILB

Id agree, but then what does that say about the trade they made for Ruben Droughns? Its almost like they are saying they screwed up, front offices dont like to do that.