PDA

View Full Version : Thurman can KMA!

Marvelous
02-03-2007, 04:01 PM
I'll never forget the way he went out...I'm sure i still have all my Thurman memrobilia burried somewhere but it can stay there...

-I'm surprised that it's downplayed so...

Dr. Lecter
02-03-2007, 04:09 PM
What is downplayed? He was cut by the Bills.
What is he supposed to do? Sit home and sulk?

Bills fans are too damn sensitive.

Marvelous
02-03-2007, 04:10 PM
w/e He coulda went to any other team like Reed & Bruce...
I'll never deny how awesome he was though...

Dr. Lecter
02-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Who else tried to sign him?

MikeInRoch
02-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Agreed - the Bills cut him. Can't blame him for going someplace else, even the hated Dolphins.

SquishDaFish
02-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Thurman is and always will be one of the best Bills of ALL TIME! Who cares where he went when he got CUT! You think he wanted to go there?? Its not like teams were lining up for him.

kgun12
02-03-2007, 05:14 PM
w/e He coulda went to any other team like Reed & Bruce...
I'll never deny how awesome he was though...

This is why I will not go to his induction!

Who else tried to sign him?

That should have told him he was done!

Agreed - the Bills cut him. Can't blame him for going someplace else, even the hated Dolphins.

Anybody but the Fins. I remember to many game where he would throw the football at any sign that had the Fins logo after he scored. Every other time he just handed the ball to the ref! He hated the Fins and would say it in every inteview the week of the game against them. He acted like a baby; I'll show them.

Having said all this, I'm glad he made it!!! :dance:

Check out the twlight zone!

Jan Reimers
02-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Thurman was a great Bill, and matured into a team leader as time went on. Who cares where he played out the string?

Some of you guys need to learn a little forgiveness.

honey
02-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Thurman was awesome! :up:

MikeInRoch
02-03-2007, 05:47 PM
There is no reason we should need to forgive him. The Bills cut HIM. They were the ones who were dis-loyal.

If he leaves as a free agent to go to Miami, that is another matter entirely.

LtFinFan66
02-03-2007, 05:51 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/LtFinFan66/Thurman.jpg

kgun12
02-03-2007, 06:11 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/LtFinFan66/Thurman.jpg

:sadwalk: :puke: I HATE those colors!!! :;

kgun12
02-03-2007, 06:11 PM

NOPE!!!

LtFinFan66
02-03-2007, 06:13 PM
:sadwalk: :puke: I HATE those colors!!! :;had to post it..... to knock Thurman and everything he did for the Bills just because of that is completely asinine

kgun12
02-03-2007, 06:19 PM
had to post it..... to knock Thurman and everything he did for the Bills just because of that is completely asinine

I didn't knock Thurman or anything he did! Just said I wouldn't go to the HOF induction cause he played for the Fins! One of the first to congratulate him on the boards, was a season ticket holder for his hole career, throwing a party for him in the TZ, just didn't like the fact that he signed with the fins,and never will. That would be like Marino signing with the Bills for one you, just wrong!

LtFinFan66
02-03-2007, 06:20 PM
I know you didn't...I was talking about the thread starter

kgun12
02-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I know you didn't...I was talking about the thread starter

Thanks!

Yasgur's Farm
02-03-2007, 06:56 PM
had to post it..... to knock Thurman and everything he did for the Bills just because of that is completely asinineYUP!!

ICE74129
02-03-2007, 08:11 PM
What is downplayed? He was cut by the Bills.
What is he supposed to do? Sit home and sulk?

Bills fans are too damn sensitive.

Thank you.

Dozerdog
02-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Well- this is a useless thread

raphael120
02-03-2007, 09:46 PM
agreed. thurman played his ass off for the buffalo bills, and he's 10 times the player willis ever will be or any other RB we'll have

HHURRICANE
02-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Thurman was a great Bill, and matured into a team leader as time went on. Who cares where he played out the string?

Plus he could catch a ball put of the backfield. Something our "sperm bank" is uncapable of!!

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2007, 10:01 PM
I'll never forget the way he went out...I'm sure i still have all my Thurman memrobilia burried somewhere but it can stay there...

-I'm surprised that it's downplayed so...
You are a douche...

The guy was cut and wanted to play another year. The Dolphins gave him a contract... F YOU

Luisito23
02-03-2007, 10:35 PM
:negrep: :negrep:....

GO BILLS!!!!

ParanoidAndroid
02-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Easy there, Thurm.... (even though I agree with your general opinion of the thread)

Perhaps if he had retired a Dolphin, we would have a reason to villainize Thomas, but he came back. The HOF will have a picture of him in a Bills uniform and it will be all but completely forgotten where he spent one measely season because he didn't want to give up the game he loved. Perhaps the Bills should have had more respect for what he had done for them over the years, and signed him. It's easier said than done, I'm sure. I know the team had their reasons for cutting him and they were compelled to do so with regret. Out of all this back-and-forth thinking comes the realization that it is no one's fault, especially Thurman's. The man loved football.

Bert102176
02-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Thurman Thomas was, is and always will be my favorite Buffalo Bill any sport I play or have played I am always #34 I play on a flag football league here in Wellsville although I am a TE/WR I still wear #34 we don't have a FB/RB spot so being flag football, on a side note 7 of my catches were for 40 to 45 yards lol

Mr. Cynical
02-04-2007, 01:58 AM
had to post it..... to knock Thurman and everything he did for the Bills just because of that is completely asinine

If he hadn't hurt his knee down there he would have given you guys some key plays for another year or two a la Marcus Allen. He obviously wasn't going to be a workhorse anymore but he was the king of 3rd downs.

I mean, he did have a 4.9 YPC with you guys. :;

The_Philster
02-04-2007, 08:39 AM
The way he was treated when he was cut...finding out on ESPN's SportsTicker...I can't blame him for going to the Fish :ill:

Statman
02-04-2007, 10:26 AM
To help clear things up, Bruce, Thurman, and Reed were all asking for far too much money considering that they were all past prime players. They got caught up during the time that saw lofty increases in compensation for players and all thought that they could milk the Bills for their past play.

The Bills offered Reed almost $2M and he turned it down. He was 36 then and ended up going to Denver for veteran minimum before they cut him outright and then to Washington where he caught 10 balls before no other team showing interest in him, including the Skins following that season. He was a fool for not taking the bucks, which were still far more than he was worth in his mid '30s, and retiring as a Bill.

Thurman was similar. The Bills would have offered him a good package, but he wanted more and they knew it. How much is a 34 year old RB that hadn't done anything in 3 seasons worth? Yet, he somehow felt that he was entitled to more.

Bruce strung out his career at the hands of Dan Snyder who was famous for overpaying just about everyone and Bruce was a shell of his former self in Washington too.

All three tried to milk the organization for far more than they were worth. Put another way, the Bills, for the money that the three were asking for, could have done far better than any of the three for the money that they offered all three.

So everyone can make their own determination, but the Bills were more than fair with all three, all three of those players forced the issue with two of the three losing out as the icy cold hand of reality slapped them across the face and placed a footnote underneath their career statuses with the Bills.

A 34-year old RB getting injured isn't exactly rare. 36-year old WRs rarely start much less produce numbers worth top pay, which is what the Bills offered Reed. And no team besides Snyder's Skins would have given Bruce what he got there.

The_Philster
02-04-2007, 10:32 AM
So everyone can make their own determination, but the Bills were more than fair with all three, all three of those players forced the issue with two of the three losing out as the icy cold hand of reality slapped them across the face and placed a footnote underneath their career statuses with the Bills.
The thing you're missing is that people aren't upset about Thurman getting released so much....but why the hell did he have to find out from watching TV? That's classless and far from fair

Marvelous
02-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Perhaps this hit me hqarder since i live in West Palm Beach.. + He was a rude SOB to me & my wife at a supergbowl party, but that's irrelevant.... He was useless in Miami & i attended the Bills/Phins game that year.. Remember him super celebrating(in your face) 1st downs? I do.. Again i'm not denying how wonderful he was....Thurman Phin cards showed up in my mailbox & in workplace....

No need for that kind of response Thurm. Your a leader of this board dude. relax some..I'm allowed to express my oppinion...sheesh

LtFinFan66
02-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Thurman Phin cards showed up in my mailbox & in workplace....

No need for that kind of response Thurm. Your a leader of this board dude. relax some..I'm allowed to express my oppinion...sheesh:rofl:

RockStar36
02-06-2007, 09:56 AM
I remember him going to the Fins just to spite the Bills. I was extremely mad at him when he did it but all was forgiven when he came back and retired a Bill.

Looking back at it I can't imagine many others not doing the same thing. To get cut and find out in such a horrible way after all he did for the franchise was a huge slap in the face.

Marvelous
02-06-2007, 01:07 PM
It was an ongoing thing between him & management. He wouldn't take the pay cut. So he musta known he was going to get released..He was bitter that it was Antwain Smith time. Same with Reed & Moulds...The Dolphins took full advantage of Thurms bitter anger.

patmoran2006
02-06-2007, 01:15 PM
I didn't knock Thurman or anything he did! Just said I wouldn't go to the HOF induction cause he played for the Fins! One of the first to congratulate him on the boards, was a season ticket holder for his hole career, throwing a party for him in the TZ, just didn't like the fact that he signed with the fins,and never will. That would be like Marino signing with the Bills for one you, just wrong!

Marino would NOT HAVE STARTED ON THIS TEAM.....

RockStar36
02-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Regardless. He retired a Bill. Get over it.

chernobylwraiths
02-06-2007, 06:14 PM
No need for that kind of response Thurm. Your a leader of this board dude. relax some..I'm allowed to express my oppinion...sheesh

:gag:

and

you're

:D