PDA

View Full Version : Never again

Mr. Cynical
02-03-2007, 07:06 PM
"Like I've always said, we didn't win a Super Bowl, but this is my Super Bowl gift to the Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf) fans," Thomas said.

All class.

Looking at the highlight reel of his career on bb.com, we're never going to see another guy like that again. I was sweating by the end of that clip. Those catches he made? The way he went side to side, took his time and followed the flow until he saw the break? Amazing vision. Great cutbacks. Not to mention his blitz pickups.

What do we have now? Willis.

Great. :sigh:

DraftBoy
02-03-2007, 07:08 PM
We'll get another good back, Im sure that people said the same thing after OJ left.

YardRat
02-03-2007, 07:21 PM
God, I miss those days :( .

ICE74129
02-03-2007, 07:23 PM
We'll get another good back, Im sure that people said the same thing after OJ left.

God I hope so. I hope marv looked at that highlight reel and it occurs to him willis is not, and nor ever will be anywhere near the back Thurman was. I pray Marv punt kicks his arse this offseason

don137
02-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Thurman was so quick to hit the whole and he was one of the best when it came to catching the ball as a RB and blitz pickup. A truly well rounded back...WM doesn't hold a candle to him.

billsburgh
02-03-2007, 07:51 PM
in interviews today, both Marv and Jim Kelly praised Thurman for his abilility to pick up the blitz

ICE74129
02-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Again I pray this is the final thing needed for marv to punk kick willis

Mr. Cynical
02-03-2007, 10:50 PM
I also remember Parcells (when coaching the Jets) saying "I wish you would just retire already", in a joking way because TT always caused problems for him. Can't ask for a better compliment.

OpIv37
02-03-2007, 11:16 PM
His elusiveness and breakaway speed was incredible.

The thing that always stood out to me about him (and the highlights confirmed it) is the number of times he just walked into the endzone because no one was even close enough to attempt a tackle.

The guy was nothing short of amazing. Willis isn't fit to hold his jock strap.

Philagape
02-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Thurman's legs never stopped moving. What a contrast to Willis.

billsburgh
02-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Again I pray this is the final thing needed for marv to punk kick willis
REAL classy

Mr. Cynical
02-04-2007, 01:40 AM
His elusiveness and breakaway speed was incredible.

The thing that always stood out to me about him (and the highlights confirmed it) is the number of times he just walked into the endzone because no one was even close enough to attempt a tackle.

The guy was nothing short of amazing. Willis isn't fit to hold his jock strap.

I noticed that as well. And also noticed that most of the time he didn't do any BS dancing in the end zone, like he belonged there. He was so slippery and yet had the power when he needed it (like phil said, his legs NEVER stopped moving).

But overall I think it was his tremendous vision that put him over the top. Like all the greats - Payton, Sayers, Barry, LT - he saw things in slow motion and was able to be one step ahead of the next 2-3 guys.

ARRRRRGGGHHHHH.... just talking about this is getting me angry/sad/bitter. He and that team should have won at least ONE of the SBs. When all is said and done...eventually....I think there will be as many HoFs from that team as the 70s Steelers/80s 49ers....Marv, Kelly, Bruce, TT, Lofton, Reed, Hull, Bennett, Tasker, Wolford, Polian, Ralph (I know, some are stretches but it could happen)

ricogarion
02-04-2007, 01:41 AM
We will find our next great back eventuallybut for now we will need to make Willis work for us.Either he runs his best intentions off or he brings us the picks needed to replace him as well as another position of need.Any way you look at it we should be in a win ,win position!

billsburgh
02-04-2007, 01:47 AM
I noticed that as well. And also noticed that most of the time he didn't do any BS dancing in the end zone, like he belonged there.
He addressed that in his press conference on NFL Network right after the announcement today. You can thank Marv Levy for that. As Thurman said, all his life growing up he dreamed of scoring a touchsdown in the NFL and spiking the ball. Well after scoring his first td the first one to greet him was Marv and he said to Thurman "why did you do that? Act like you've been there before". After that, Thurman never spiked the ball again.

ICE74129
02-04-2007, 08:37 AM
REAL classy

I love the BILLS, screw that punk willis mcgahee. The sooner that punk is out of here the sooner we can get a much better all around back with a better attitude in here and we start winning more games.

ICE74129
02-04-2007, 08:38 AM
He addressed that in his press conference on NFL Network right after the announcement today. You can thank Marv Levy for that. As Thurman said, all his life growing up he dreamed of scoring a touchsdown in the NFL and spiking the ball. Well after scoring his first td the first one to greet him was Marv and he said to Thurman "why did you do that? Act like you've been there before". After that, Thurman never spiked the ball again.

See Marv knows willis will NEVER act that well. It isn't in his nature.

OpIv37
02-04-2007, 10:48 AM
See Marv knows willis will NEVER act that well. It isn't in his nature.
not that it matters- Willis is never in the endzone in the first place.

ICE74129
02-04-2007, 02:16 PM
not that it matters- Willis is never in the endzone in the first place.

LMAO :bandwagon