PDA

View Full Version : The Hall Call in 2008 and 2009..

Bmax
02-03-2007, 09:26 PM
In my opinon Andre Reed deserved to get in the Hall over Michael Irvin ... Three Super Bowl were of course the reason Irvin got in over Andre.....

In 2008 Andre will face more competition.....Darrel Green CB from the Washinton Redskins is a first ballot lock....SB wins and a 15 plus yr career will do that.. So who else will andre have to face ?

Cris Carter.. 130 td's over 1000 receptions...No SB at all....Advantage Carter slightly..

TonY Boselli-ot Jax....

Terrell Davis-rb...not a first ballot guy he may not get in for awhile... career cut short....

So who's in next year....

Art Monk...Like Harry Carson he finally makes it......finished just out of final six this year...

Darrell Green-a RESKIN DOUBLE .. i CAN HEAR THAT DANG SONG IN MY HEAD RIGHT NOW ....

Derrick Thomas-Sack master get his due....

BoB Hayes-Veteran

Andre will be a finalist again.....gt bye the first ballot cut then miss out....

I really believe Monk and maybe carter will make it before him.. But he will get in maybe in 2009 with Bruce Smith.. a lock for 2009

Bmax

Congrats to the class of 2007....Especially Thurman Thomas...

Go Bills.....

BILLSROCK1212
02-03-2007, 09:30 PM
In my opinon Andre Reed deserved to get in the Hall over Michael Irvin ... Three Super Bowl were of course the reason Irvin got in over Andre.....

In 2008 Andre will face more competition.....Darrel Green CB from the Washinton Redskins is a first ballot lock....SB wins and a 15 plus yr career will do that.. So who else will andre have to face ?

Cris Carter.. 130 td's over 1000 receptions...No SB at all....Advantage Carter slightly..

TonY Boselli-ot Jax....

Terrell Davis-rb...not a first ballot guy he may not get in for awhile... career cut short....

So who's in next year....

Art Monk...Like Harry Carson he finally makes it......finished just out of final six this year...

Darrell Green-a RESKIN DOUBLE .. i CAN HEAR THAT DANG SONG IN MY HEAD RIGHT NOW ....

Derrick Thomas-Sack master get his due....

BoB Hayes-Veteran

Andre will be a finalist again.....gt bye the first ballot cut then miss out....

I really believe Monk and maybe carter will make it before him.. But he will get in maybe in 2009 with Bruce Smith.. a lock for 2009

Bmax

Congrats to the class of 2007....Especially Thurman Thomas...

Go Bills.....so we will play in the 2009 HOF game v Cowboys?

HHURRICANE
02-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Thurman getting in was pretty cool. There was alot of talk that he might not get in. I actually believe that Reed is more deserving.

Jan Reimers
02-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Reed has 951 carrer receptions for 13,198 yards and 87 TDs, 7 Pro Bowls, and 4 AFC Championships. How does the Hall continue to exclude him - as well as Monk, who also has better numbers than the vaunted Michael Irvin?

Apparently, guys who go about their business in a quiet and professional manner, despite remarkable on field achievements, simply don't measure up in this era of media hype.

The_Philster
02-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Reed has 951 carrer receptions for 13,198 yards and 87 TDs, 7 Pro Bowls, and 4 AFC Championships. How does the Hall continue to exclude him - as well as Monk, who also has better numbers than the vaunted Michael Irvin?

Apparently, guys who go about their business in a quiet and professional manner, despite remarkable on field achievements, simply don't measure up in this era of media hype.
That's the key right there. If it were people like guys already in the HOF making the selections as opposed to media guys, maybe media darlings wouldn't get in over more deserving candidates.
Andre was overlooked his whole career, despite his Pro Bowls and his on-field performance...I'm honestly not surprised he's getting overlooked on this as well :down:

YardRat
2008 should be the year the deserving WR's get their due.

cordog

I guess Andre didnt do enough coke and prostitutes to get in.

YardRat
02-04-2007, 10:37 AM
I have to be honest...I'm pretty surprised Tags didn't make it.

The_Philster
02-04-2007, 10:44 AM
I have to be honest...I'm pretty surprised Tags didn't make it.
speculation is that the current CBA, with all the questions involved with it, weighed into the decision..not to mention the fact that 6 is the max...and there are players who were still being snubbed and should've made the cut...they put a higher importance on players than contributors

Michael82
02-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Does Kent Hull or Steve Tasker have a chance anytime soon? I'd love to see Tasker get in and also Hull. Both guys deserve it big time. :up:

The_Philster
02-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Does Kent Hull or Steve Tasker have a chance anytime soon? I'd love to see Tasker get in and also Hull. Both guys deserve it big time. :up:
They've both been eligible for years...their best shots may be with the seniors committee after their initial years of eligibility are up. The fact that Ray Guy didn't get in is gonna hurt Tasker's chances

G. Host
02-04-2007, 07:24 PM

No one will Bruce and Andre' go in same time.
More likely for me to become a eunich and Miami Dolphin fan.

LtFinFan66
02-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Kuech needs to get in soon

socalfan
02-05-2007, 01:46 AM
I don't know why they've fallen so badly behind, but they need to let in more than 6 at a time if they ever hope to catch up. There are a bunch of wide receivers coming up and if monk can't get in reed is also going to have a hard time.

The_Philster
02-05-2007, 04:30 AM
I don't know why they've fallen so badly behind, but they need to let in more than 6 at a time if they ever hope to catch up. There are a bunch of wide receivers coming up and if monk can't get in reed is also going to have a hard time.
he's already having a hard time

ricogarion
02-05-2007, 05:35 AM
Art Monk is a surprise to me I think he was a great reciever.Tagliabue did nothing to deserve a HOF position,he was just a commisioner,what do you put him in for servicing the owners? Ralph Wilson has 47 years of ownership commitment to a city he doesn't live in and some goofball commish gets in before him? Does anyone see something wrong there???

jamze132
02-05-2007, 06:30 AM
Michael ****ing Irvin??????? WHAT THE ****????????

Jan Reimers
02-05-2007, 06:40 AM
Art Monk is a surprise to me I think he was a great reciever.Tagliabue did nothing to deserve a HOF position,he was just a commisioner,what do you put him in for servicing the owners? Ralph Wilson has 47 years of ownership commitment to a city he doesn't live in and some goofball commish gets in before him? Does anyone see something wrong there???
Absolutely. I think Ralph has upset the "Good Ole Boy Club" with his comments about the CBA, and now will probably never get in.

But there's always room for punks like Michael Irvin.

Quite frankly, I don't put much stock in the HOF election process any more.

Forward_Lateral
02-05-2007, 06:40 AM
Guys, take off the homer glasses for a second. Put aside your hate for Irvin and the Boys.

Irvin played 11 seasons (I'm not counting the last one, because he only played 4 games and broke his neck). In the 11 seasons he had 11737 yards, 62 TDs. 5 Pro Bowls, 3 Superbowl championships.

Reed played 15 seasons (I also omitted his last season in which he played 6 games, to be fair). He had 13000 yards, 86 TDs. 7 Pro Bowls

Saying Reed deserved it over Irvin is ridiculous. If Irvin's career wasn't cut short by a brutal injury, his numbers would be similar, if not better than Reed's.

The homerism in here sometimes is hilarious.

Jan Reimers
02-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Guys, take off the homer glasses for a second. Put aside your hate for Irvin and the Boys.

Irvin played 11 seasons (I'm not counting the last one, because he only played 4 games and broke his neck). In the 11 seasons he had 11737 yards, 62 TDs. 5 Pro Bowls, 3 Superbowl championships.

Reed played 15 seasons (I also omitted his last season in which he played 6 games, to be fair). He had 13000 yards, 86 TDs. 7 Pro Bowls

Saying Reed deserved it over Irvin is ridiculous. If Irvin's career wasn't cut short by a brutal injury, his numbers would be similar, if not better than Reed's.

The homerism in here sometimes is hilarious.
Reed also had 951 catches to 750 for Irvin, and 4 AFC Championships. And your "IF Irvin had..." argument is what is ridiculous. Guys don't get in based on if and buts.

Based on his carreer, and his place all-time among WRs in terms of yardage and receptions at the time of his retirement, Reed should have gotten in before this year. Then if the voters wanted to put Irvin in because of his three SB rings, it would be a little more palatable.

jamze132
02-05-2007, 07:17 AM
It's completely stupid.

RockStar36
02-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Reed should have made it but when I realized Monk still was out it didn't surprise me to much that Reed didn't get it. It does piss me off that Irvin got in. But like it has already been said, the media pays more attention to the idiots. Just like in today's game. Evans doesn't get enough credit because he doesn't do stupid end zone dances.