PDA

View Full Version : Has Mike Wilson resurfaced?

clumping platelets
02-04-2007, 12:27 AM
I see sooooooooo many Mike Wilson's wearing Sabres jerseys right now.........it's time to sit Vanek, Afinogenov for a game or two..........maybe even Roy........send Paille back to Rochester and bring up McArthur..........make a deal for some veteran gritty physical forward or D man NOW

:feedback:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-04-2007, 02:21 AM
I see sooooooooo many Mike Wilson's wearing Sabres jerseys right now.........it's time to sit Vanek, Afinogenov for a game or two..........maybe even Roy........send Paille back to Rochester and bring up McArthur..........make a deal for some veteran gritty physical forward or D man NOW

:feedback:

go back to doing your Bills stuff and leave the Sabres alone because you have no idea what you're talking about! Vanek has 25 G 26 A = 51 points and a +/- rating of 25 that's leading the team, Afinogenov has 21 G 34 A = 15 points and a +/- record of 15, and Roy has 9 G 26 A = 35 points and a +/- rating of 19 you can't bench them with stats like that! and Paille, I like how he is playing, he's playing like he doesn't want to go back to Rochester. McArthur isn't ready yet for the NHL let him grow up a little in Rochester and next year he'll be up with the Sabres and for the millionth time this team does not need to make a trade it's fine the way it is!

http://www.sabres.com/stats.cfm

mchurchfie
02-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Afinogenov has been playing like a ****** lately. Two hooking penalties against the Devils and very questionable decisionmaking when he has the puck. He really needs to up his game.

qcsabresfan84
02-04-2007, 12:48 PM
To Afinogenov's credit, he is so talented that every time he carries the puck into the zone he is expected to make an amazing play. While it may seem like he sometimes does stupid stuff with the puck, it's just a different style of play. Drury generally dumps the puck in rather than stickhandling it in, which creates just as many turnovers as trying to carry it in, but he doesn't get a bad rap. And I'm not saying that he should, just using him as an example of a contrast to afinogenov's style.

mchurchfie
02-04-2007, 01:07 PM
To Afinogenov's credit, he is so talented that every time he carries the puck into the zone he is expected to make an amazing play. While it may seem like he sometimes does stupid stuff with the puck, it's just a different style of play. Drury generally dumps the puck in rather than stickhandling it in, which creates just as many turnovers as trying to carry it in, but he doesn't get a bad rap. And I'm not saying that he should, just using him as an example of a contrast to afinogenov's style.
He is the one that tries to make the amazing play all of the time...he needs to do the simple play once in awhile. His hooking penalties are a lack of discipline. I don't see how you can rationalize that dumping the puck in creates just as many turnovers??

Ebenezer
02-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Wilson "carried a purse and wore a skirt"...for a player of his size he was softer than yogurt. I don't see that out of this crew. I see a team that is not playing well right now, not skating 100%, not making the extra check and quite frankly not getting the bounces. Those first 2 NJ goals last night could very well have not been goals. Changes the whole game.

ParanoidAndroid
02-04-2007, 11:45 PM
I see a team skating hard for 40 minutes and looking dead for the last 20. I don't think the blame falls on any one or two players. If you ask me, I would say this is another mid-season lull just like the one last year. That 3 goal lead against Jersey was one they should hae held on to, but games like that happen. As long as they can skate hard for 60 minutes come May, I can live with this.

clumping platelets
02-05-2007, 05:45 AM
I see a team that is not working hard, not hitting anyone, and afraid to get hit. I see lazy plays being made by so-called supastars and no accountability. Send a message........sit Vanek or Afinegenov for a game

DraftBoy
02-05-2007, 07:37 AM
I see a team that is not working hard, not hitting anyone, and afraid to get hit. I see lazy plays being made by so-called supastars and no accountability. Send a message........sit Vanek or Afinegenov for a game

To accomplish what? Your going to sit two of your biggest offensive weapons and put even more pressure on a team that doesnt want to hit to play D? Makes no sense to me. Downgrade their ice time or the take them off the PP, but outright benching wont do any good imo.

clumping platelets
02-05-2007, 07:41 AM
1 game sends a message IMO

SabreEleven
02-05-2007, 09:25 AM
go back to doing your Bills stuff and leave the Sabres alone because you have no idea what you're talking about! Vanek has 25 G 26 A = 51 points and a +/- rating of 25 that's leading the team, Afinogenov has 21 G 34 A = 15 points and a +/- record of 15, and Roy has 9 G 26 A = 35 points and a +/- rating of 19 you can't bench them with stats like that! and Paille, I like how he is playing, he's playing like he doesn't want to go back to Rochester. McArthur isn't ready yet for the NHL let him grow up a little in Rochester and next year he'll be up with the Sabres and for the millionth time this team does not need to make a trade it's fine the way it is!

http://www.sabres.com/stats.cfm

Dan Marino and Jim Kelly had all the stats in the world so let's count up the number of SuperBowl wins they have. If you just want stats, great, so far, the Sabres are your team. We want Stanley Cups.

SabreEleven
02-05-2007, 09:34 AM
To Afinogenov's credit, he is so talented that every time he carries the puck into the zone he is expected to make an amazing play.

This is a stupid statement.

Max puts that pressure on himself because he wants to be up there with Gretzky, Lemiuex(how ever you spell name, I'm not Canadien) and Bure. You make it sound like Max is the only scoring threat on this team. But having 5 20 goals scorers say other wise. Max needs to stop looking out for Max and start looking out for the Buffalo Sabres especially when he wants to skate around the whole offensive zone with the puck instead of setting up his teammates with his speed. He wants to see himself on SportsCenter.

qcsabresfan84
02-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Max puts that pressure on himself because he wants to be up there with Gretzky, Lemiuex(how ever you spell name, I'm not Canadien) and Bure.

This is a stupid statement.
You have no basis for making a personal assumption like this about someone that you don't know. I'm not saying that he is expected or needed by his team to make an amazing play, I mean that most fans expect it. And as for him not setting up his teammates, I think that his 85 assists over the last season and a half speaks for itself. Besides, what do you think he's trying to do by skating all around the offensive zone, find the best angle for a shot? He's trying to create lanes and openings so that the puck can be moved around.

SabreEleven
02-05-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm not saying that he is expected or needed by his team to make an amazing play, I mean that most fans expect it.

To Afinogenov's credit, he is so talented that every time he carries the puck into the zone he is expected to make an amazing play.

So which one is it?

qcsabresfan84
02-05-2007, 11:12 AM
So which one is it?

You act like these are conflicting statements. Which one is it? It's both. To Afinogenov's credit, meaning 'in defense of Afinogenov,' due to previous highlight-reel plays that he has made, some fans have come to expect him to do outstanding things with the puck whenever he enters the zone, and complain about him when he's not making that happen. Complaining about the offensive play of a guy second in scoring on the highest scoring team in the league doesn't really make much sense IMO, and the only thing I can see that causes the complaints is that some fans have bloated expectations for him.