Napolean Harris as our MLB answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napolean Harris as our MLB answer?

I haven't heard anything different but last month, whilst the Vikings were looking to resign him, it was thought that Harris would opt for free agency, as EJ Henderson had signed a big contract deal, Greenway was due to become a full time starter, and Leber had done well as a free agent ... the Vikings could afford to let him leave.

At 6ft2, 255lbs and aged 27, Harris certainly has the size to play MLB for us and was doing well before a wrist injury with 59 tackles, 3 sacks and 3 ints.

For Marv and Dick's serious consideration?
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Napolean Harris as our MLB answer?

Question is how FAST is he? His coverage skills are what needs to be as much a priority as anything

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

he was a throw a way in the Randy Moss deal....i dont think so

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

he'd be a decent backup.i wouldn't break the bank to persue him though.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
          he was a throw a way in the Randy Moss deal....i dont think so
          I don't know if I'd go that far... hew as the biggest name they brought in. The pick was of huge value, but I remember when the trade went down that the general perception was the Vikes were getting a decent backer.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bwbrenton
            I don't know if I'd go that far... hew as the biggest name they brought in. The pick was of huge value, but I remember when the trade went down that the general perception was the Vikes were getting a decent backer.
            Bro decent isnt good enough to replace Fletcher. We will probably have to address this issue in the draft. I actually agree with Sab on this one.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

If Harris can't replace Fletch, what makes you think a rookie can?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Harris was a good LB in Oakland and has preformed well in Minny. I think he'd be an ideal pickup, he has the speed to play the position, and showed he's back from his wrist injury. Could be a solid pickup considering we have three starting LB's already on the team.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                  he'd be a decent backup.i wouldn't break the bank to persue him though.
                  Disagree man, the guy was a STUD in Oakland but has been quiet in Minn.

he can play, he will lay-ith the smack down when he hits.

Id like the pick up a WHOLE lot. Hes not Briggs, but hes probably my number 2 at ILB assuming Junes a OLB.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                    Bro decent isnt good enough to replace Fletcher. We will probably have to address this issue in the draft. I actually agree with Sab on this one.
                    decent is all fletcher will ever be. if harris is decent, then he is as good as..
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Ice is right on this. Whether or not he's a suitable pickup depends on his speed. A middle backer has to have enough speed to play some pass coverage in the secondary in the Tampa 2. If Draftboy says he's fast enough, he probably is. I think he's probably as up on player measurables as anyone.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                        Ice is right on this. Whether or not he's a suitable pickup depends on his speed. A middle backer has to have enough speed to play some pass coverage in the secondary in the Tampa 2. If Draftboy says he's fast enough, he probably is. I think he's probably as up on player measurables as anyone.

He ran a 4.56 on turf pre-draft. Yeah, I know Im not Draftboy but whatever.

AJ Hawk ran a 4.5, whats fast enough?

Comment

• Don't Panic
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          decent is all fletcher will ever be. if harris is decent, then he is as good as..
                          And he fits the system that much better than Fletcher did. The one reservation I would have is that he was in a Cover 2 in Minny and only played average for what time he had.

Comment

• B-DON
                            hi
                            • Mar 2004

he blew ass here in minneapolis until this season when he finally started to show some upside. he will definitely be a free agent since the vikes signed henderson to a 5 year deal and also signed leber last year to a 4 or 5 year deal. plus they drafted greenway with their 1st rounder last season. after saying all that i would give him a shot but only 2 years with incentives, if he reaches his potential

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Didn't the Vikes just move to a cover-2 this year?

Comment

Working...
                              X