PDA

View Full Version : The first top 50

Don't Panic
02-04-2007, 08:18 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-topfifty020207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Say what you want about Yahoo, but they do some of the most comprehensive ratings out there. The most interesting piece on there:

"9. Reggie Nelson, defensive back, Florida – One of the primary reasons why the Gators won the national championship, Nelson has the ability to be evaluated as a corner in a Cover 2 scheme, but most feel that he will be most successful as a free safety. His attitude, playmaking skills and potential to make an immediate impact will make him this year's version of Donte' Whitner."

Nice to see the first reference to "this year's Whitner." Given the explanation of how Nelson plays, does that mean he shows up on the OBD radar? I don't think it can be completely counted out... depends what happens in FA, I guess.

SABURZFAN
02-04-2007, 08:36 AM
d.jarrett at #21????????????? :shocked:

Don't Panic
02-04-2007, 09:11 AM
...and Willis at #32... at this point I'll be much more open-minded about where people have guys slotted. I'll admit though, those two definitely surprised me a little.

HHURRICANE
02-04-2007, 10:00 AM
With the Bills having picks at 12 and 44 I'm expecting a pretty good start to day one.

I'm so glad that TD is gone. I remember punching my steering wheel when I had heard that we got Everett and Parrish on Day one. I really couldn't believe it. And boy was I right.

Tatonka
02-04-2007, 11:04 AM
because you knew everett was going to get hurt?

Bling
02-04-2007, 11:20 AM

HHURRICANE is right more often than the pope, and I'm Catholic.

ParanoidAndroid
02-04-2007, 11:27 AM
He came back healthy and got benched. Bust.

HHURRICANE
02-04-2007, 12:37 PM

Everett was healthy last year? He got beat out by Ceislak. I wouldn't call that a good pick.

X-Era
02-04-2007, 12:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-topfifty020207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Say what you want about Yahoo, but they do some of the most comprehensive ratings out there. The most interesting piece on there:

"9. Reggie Nelson, defensive back, Florida – One of the primary reasons why the Gators won the national championship, Nelson has the ability to be evaluated as a corner in a Cover 2 scheme, but most feel that he will be most successful as a free safety. His attitude, playmaking skills and potential to make an immediate impact will make him this year's version of Donte' Whitner."

Nice to see the first reference to "this year's Whitner." Given the explanation of how Nelson plays, does that mean he shows up on the OBD radar? I don't think it can be completely counted out... depends what happens in FA, I guess.

Ginn Jr. is too high, Ross is too high, Ugoh is WAY too high.

Overall their top 15 or so is pretty spot on.

Tatonka
02-04-2007, 12:49 PM
He came back healthy and got benched. Bust.

ah, i see. so your sure he is the same player he was before he tore his knee up?

Don't Panic
02-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Ginn Jr. is too high, Ross is too high, Ugoh is WAY too high.

Overall their top 15 or so is pretty spot on.

Agreed... if Ugoh slides to the second, he would make a nice pick, though. It seems that the #44 pick will be a great one to grab an OL at.

X-Era
02-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Agreed... if Ugoh slides to the second, he would make a nice pick, though. It seems that the #44 pick will be a great one to grab an OL at.

honestly dont think we draft a OT at all, especially a LT which Ugoh projects to.

ParanoidAndroid
02-04-2007, 03:58 PM
ah, i see. so your sure he is the same player he was before he tore his knee up?

A bust is a bust. I usually have patience for developing players, but if the coaches thought he wasn't physically ready to play, they wouldn't have played him. He was passed on the depth chart by everybody. Just calling it the way I see it.