PDA

View Full Version : So, I want the Colts to win and heres why

X-Era
02-04-2007, 08:27 AM
I still today believe firmly that you build your star team through the draft. I still believe that the reason players get drafted in the 1st round is because they havethe best chance at being stars. I also believe that its critical to have a QB who is a star to have the best chance at going to and winning a Superbowl.

Now, the reason Im so stuck on the Colts winning is all about Manning. To me, hes the physical embodiment of my arguement. Heres a guy that was drafted 1st overall, has set alot of records, and is not only one of the best or the best QB in the game, but one of the best QB's ever. Yet, he hasnt won a Superbowl.

So, some people feel 180 degrees opposite than I do. That the QB spot is overrated, that you can win with a late rounder, that if you have a star defense, your O can be suspect and you can win the dance. These people cite the Patriots, with a 6th round QB in Marcia Brady, or the Ravens, with a stellar D and a journeyman in Dilfer, Or the Rams with an undrafted Kurt Warner.

I must admit there are aberrations to my method that work. But because Im a bullhead or because Im convinced Im right, or just because I think Marcia Brady is a giant tool bag and the most overrated QB in history, I make it my mission to prove that you must have a 1st round QB to be successfull.

We finally got our guy from the 1st (I say this meaning that it fit my dream plan for us NOT that its necessarily right). PLEASE DONT HIJACK THIS THREAD INTO A JP DEBATE.

Forget WHO we got and just think that we got a 1st round QB for the sake of this arguement.

Now, we are a team that is representing my dream plan where you "just have to have a QB from the 1st round as your leader and star".

So, at some ******ed level, when its not a Superbowl that the Bills are in and I have to root for SOMETHING, I want Peyton to win so that I can further my evil plan to flip a giant bird to the Pats, their way of thinking, their homosexual 6th round QB, and the fans who werent willing to invest in a high round QB.

If Peyton can just pull off a win, he helps me with my arguement, and to me he helps me feel better about how we have OUR 1st round QB in hopes that we build a guy to become as good as Peyton.

So:

Todays game is between Peyton Manning and that other team who got there with a great defense.

Whats kinda sweet is that even of the Bears win, I could still claim that Grossman is a 1st rounder so it makes my arguement.

This thread is obviously meant to entice some debate, but again it ISNT about JP per say, so lets not hijack it.

Philagape
02-04-2007, 08:31 AM
This thread is obviously meant to entice some debate, but again it ISNT about JP per say, so lets not hijack it.

If Peyton can just pull off a win, he helps me with my arguement, and to me he helps me feel better about how we have OUR 1st round QB in hopes that we build a guy to become as good as Peyton.

hijacker

X-Era
02-04-2007, 10:05 AM
hijacker

Hence the terms "in hopes of", "build a guy"

If our current QB doesnt get it done, I STILL would argue for a new 1st round QB.

My point isnt about who our current QB is, Im saying that this thread is about Peyton representing my version of doing it the right way.

Peyton winning today flips the bird to the Marcia Bradys, homo-Romos, Warners, Garcias and the philosophy that those type of QB's from lesser rounds or undrafted are "all you need".

Instead we may see a superstar QB put the final touches on his Hall of Fame bid with a win today and give some rabid 1st round QB fan like myself further data to more strongly argue my stance.

Of course he could flop, but then Grossman wins and hes a 1st rounder too.

Maybe its just a win win for me! :dance:

YardRat
02-04-2007, 10:08 AM
I make it my mission to prove that you must have a 1st round QB to be successfull.

That the QB spot is overrated, that you can win with a late rounder, that if you have a star defense, your O can be suspect and you can win the dance. These people cite the Patriots, with a 6th round QB in Marcia Brady, or the Ravens, with a stellar D and a journeyman in Dilfer, Or the Rams with an undrafted Kurt Warner.

Discussion, Over.