PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Sabre Barnaby may have played his final game

Philagape
02-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Say whatever you want about the guy. Call him an instigator, a pest, a punk. Remind him how many players wanted to punch that toothy, sarcastic smile off his face, how many more he agitated with his mouth. Matthew Barnaby would plead guilty to the above charges and probably a few more.

Just be sure to give him credit, too, for playing 834 games for seven teams over 14 NHL seasons. The thankless work that goes with his chippy style was worth more than $9 million in salary. And fans thought the former Sabres winger was finished years ago after he yapped his way out of Buffalo.

The end finally appears near for Barnaby. The Dallas winger has had concussion problems since Jan. 9 that caused him to temporarily lose vision in his left eye, a scare serious enough for him to ponder retirement. He's not about to hang up his skates quite yet, but it's possible he's already played his last game.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070204/2052141.asp

mchurchfie
02-04-2007, 11:45 AM
I wish we had the Barnaby-May-Ray line right now.:ill: These Sabres are about the softest team in the NHL.:limp:

Dr. Lecter
02-04-2007, 11:47 AM
I was never a fan of his, but I hate to see anybody have problems like this.