View Full Version : Remaining Sabres games on National TV

OpIv37
02-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Thursday, February 15 7:00 PM ET Edmonton Oilers @ Buffalo Sabres HD Net
Feb. 20 7:00 pm Philadelphia at Buffalo Versus
Mar. 13 7:30 pm Buffalo at Pittsburgh Versus
Apr. 3 7:00 pm Buffalo at Pittsburgh Versus
Sun April 8 Buffalo at Philadelphia 1:00 p.m. ET NBC*

Full Versus schedule: http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/1367/?tf=NHLArticleWrapper.tpl
Full HD Net schedule**: http://www.hd.net/nhl.html
Full NBC Schedule: http://www.nbcsports.com/nhl/131528/detail.html

*= NBC is also showing the Islanders and San Jose, so you may not get the game depending on which market you're in.
**=HD Net only has their schedule posted through the end of February. If they add more Sabres games I will update this thread.

BlackMetalNinja
02-04-2007, 01:46 PM
HDNet updates their schedule monthly... I'm also hoping INHD picks up the Vs. HD broadcast for some of those games too. I've only gotten to see the Sabres in HD about 3-4 times so far this year. I love how much they're trying to make the Sabres/Penguins games a rivalry with the tv schedule. At least the Sabres/Flyers have become a real rivalry, though with Philly sucking so bad it's not likely to last either!

OpIv37
02-04-2007, 10:39 PM
HDNet updates their schedule monthly... I'm also hoping INHD picks up the Vs. HD broadcast for some of those games too. I've only gotten to see the Sabres in HD about 3-4 times so far this year. I love how much they're trying to make the Sabres/Penguins games a rivalry with the tv schedule. At least the Sabres/Flyers have become a real rivalry, though with Philly sucking so bad it's not likely to last either!

Don't hold your breath- none of the VS Sabres games had the HD logo next to themin the schedule, so I doubt they're even being broadcast in HD.

Channel 95 on DirecTV is a channel that shows random HD sports (lately it's mostly been NFLN). Sometimes they pick up hockey if the VS game is in HD but usually it's pre-empted by NBA games. Personally, I'd take hockey any day but I can't say I blame them- NBA definitely attracts more viewers.

BlackMetalNinja
02-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Don't hold your breath- none of the VS Sabres games had the HD logo next to themin the schedule, so I doubt they're even being broadcast in HD.

Channel 95 on DirecTV is a channel that shows random HD sports (lately it's mostly been NFLN). Sometimes they pick up hockey if the VS game is in HD but usually it's pre-empted by NBA games. Personally, I'd take hockey any day but I can't say I blame them- NBA definitely attracts more viewers.

What I really, really want, is for NHL Center Ice on Time Warner, which I'm shelling out a hefty chunk of change for, to actually broadcast games in HD. I hate watching a game on TSN or something like that and seeing the "Broadcast in HD" logo, but watching the game in crappy standard definition.

ricogarion
02-05-2007, 04:03 AM
Since I once had to use rabbit ears to watch the French Connection as a teenager I can live without HD today,but I am sure once I have it I won't want to go back.I just am thrilled to be able to watch them on TV on MSG.But I will say one thing we had it good with Empire I wish we could provide our own coverage and network.I miss the replays on that network and all the extra coverage we had it good.

SkateZilla
02-05-2007, 10:43 AM
INHD has no further NHL Hockey games on their schedule at the moment...

qcsabresfan84
02-05-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm pretty sure that you can watch the game tomorrow against Atlanta online at Yahoo. I watched the game against the Islanders on there last week and i think i saw that this one was on the schedule.

OpIv37
02-15-2007, 08:24 AM
****ing HD Net screwed us- they changed it to Maple Leafs at Flyers. WTF- who wants to see the ****ing Flyers? They're awful this year. Oilers and Sabres is a MUCH better game.

Dammit.

BlackMetalNinja
02-15-2007, 08:33 AM
That blows... I hardly ever get to see the Sabres in HD as it is... and hockey is the sport where HD makes the biggest difference in my opinion. I still don't get why Center Ice doens't include HD broadcasts...

OpIv37
03-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Bump- HD Net is showing the Devils/Sabres tomorrow night. Other than that, no changes as far as I know.

BlackMetalNinja
03-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Bump- HD Net is showing the Devils/Sabres tomorrow night. Other than that, no changes as far as I know.

Sweet! Thanks for the info!

OpIv37
03-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Bump- we're on Versus tonight.

And special bonus for DirecTV subscribers- in HD on Channel 95!

RockStar36
03-13-2007, 01:39 PM
:rofl:

I actually get to see this game at home on FSP and they show it on Versus. Figures.