PDA

View Full Version : According to kffl.....

shelby
03-07-2003, 04:35 AM
Falcons | Still Haggling with Bills Over Price - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
19:57 PT: Matt Winkeljohn, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports while there have been some reports on Thursday evening that Buffalo Bills franchise WR Peerless Price is headed to the Atlanta Falcons, a deal is not complete, if nearly imminent. “The trade has not been finalized,” Falcons chief administrative officer Ray Anderson said. “I’d like to be optimistic and say we hope to make progress [today].” The Falcons reportedly want Price and one of the Bills’ draft choices in return for their first-round selection in this year’s NFL Draft.

i believe the deal is done. Why does it take so :angry:ing long for confirmation?:madcurse:

WG
03-07-2003, 04:56 AM
Actually Shelby that's not quite the case. Sal Maiorana wrote it all up in the D&C today. Doesn't sound like it's nearly that close.

But the hopes are real. So we'll have to keep hopin' if what he says is where this whole thing stands.

I'm extremely optimistic however.

As well, the AJC has a piece too:

an excerpt:

"Actually, plenty of progress was made Thursday, and, somewhat surprisingly, it's the Falcons -- not the Bills -- angling for more.

Atlanta officials are believed to want Price-plus in return for their first-rounder. The Falcons, whose leading receiver in 2002 was flanker Brian Finneran with 54 catches, want Price and one of Buffalo's 2004 draft picks.

Buffalo doesn't have a first-round pick because of a deal made last spring to acquire quarterback Drew Bledsoe. So Atlanta officials are believed to be relying on the logic that the Bills should be happy to get a first-rounder in exchange for the 5-foot-11, 190-pound Price."

Novacane
03-07-2003, 07:43 AM
WGR 55 just reported the BIlls called them and said there is no trade for PP

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2003, 07:50 AM
Those greedy bastards. They want Price AND a draft pick, just for a first-rounder??? I don't think so. TD should reject it outright and make them sweat a bit.

WG
03-07-2003, 07:52 AM
I'm tellin' ya, if we get a first round pick, if they want from a 4th on down in exchange, we'd be nuts not to take that.

Earthquake Enyart
03-07-2003, 07:57 AM
Time is on TD's side. The longer they haggle, the less options the Falcons have. Just like last year with the Pats.

Bulldog
03-07-2003, 08:05 AM
Yeah, but the longer Buffalo haggles, the less likely it becomes that they get both Spikes and Adams.

TedMock
03-07-2003, 08:08 AM
Kffl reported that the Bengals offered Hardy a 4 year deal. He hasn't signed the paperwork because he still wants to look at returning to Dallas but he did say he's seriously considering taking the Bengals offer.

don137
03-07-2003, 08:10 AM
EE, I believe the Bills have until 3/15 to do a sign and trade or Buffalo will have to wait until July. This could pose as a problem. The problem is also that PP is being a PITA since he said he won't go visit any team other than Atlanta.
I say screw him and trade him to Arizona for a second and fourth round pick and "F" (I sound like Shelby now) Atlanta. Atlanta would be screwed without Price and Price would be screwed because he would have to play for the NFC's version of the Bengals.

Earthquake Enyart
03-07-2003, 08:15 AM
The ultimate fall back position is that Price plays one more year here. I don't see that as a bad thing. They still have room for Spikes, but not much else.

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
Yeah, but the longer Buffalo haggles, the less likely it becomes that they get both Spikes and Adams.
That's not true because we have the cap room to get Spikes even if we had to keep Price at $5.01 million for one year. Adams, on the other hand, would be a luxury addition but not a must.

The Spikes thing and the Price thing are two totally separate deals. Atlanta is crazy to use the Spikes thing as leverage. All they're going to do is lose Price.

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2003, 08:30 AM
EE apparently I just said what you said. Sorry didn't mean it.

Bulldog
03-07-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

That's not true because we have the cap room to get Spikes even if we had to keep Price at $5.01 million for one year. Adams, on the other hand, would be a luxury addition but not a must.

The Spikes thing and the Price thing are two totally separate deals. Atlanta is crazy to use the Spikes thing as leverage. All they're going to do is lose Price.

Since when is Adams a luxury? We really need a D' tackle to plug into the middle. IMO, Adams is a must, not a luxury. And keeping Peerless is a problem in my book. He will pout like a baby and be a constant distraction. Plus, Buffalo really needs the money they have tied up with him to sign defense.