PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Bill Polian

Ebenezer
02-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Got to give out huge props to Bill Polian. The man knows how to construct winners. Just think what the Bills would have been like had he never been fired. We probably would never have had the "punt catcher" or TD. This team may have actually won SB with Doug Flutie. Ralph Wilson didn't understand what he had. Was it Polian's fault? Yes. But RW's meddling cost this football dearly.

G. Host
02-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Congrats to Pete Metzelaars, a player many fans do not appreciate like they do others on those teams.

Ebenezer
02-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Congrats to Pete Metzelaars, a player many fans do not appreciate like they do others on those teams.
:up:

Goobylal
02-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Polian would have been fired after the 2004 season, if it didn't happen when it did.

ricogarion
02-04-2007, 09:28 PM
It had to hurt Ralph to be watching Bill Polians huge red headed grinning dome on TV waiting to get sized for his mega bling Super Bowl ring.

Nighthawk
02-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Polian should have never been let go. Congrats to him.

Dr. Lecter
02-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Props to Marvin Harrison.

The anti-TO gets a ring.

chernobylwraiths
02-04-2007, 09:35 PM
If Polian hadn't made the remarks he did, he would never have been fired. Polian had a hothead and it cost him his job.

He is a great GM though, congrats to him.

Kerr
02-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Glad for Bill Polian, but he's the teams past, not present. I'm confident Marv Levy can bring a championship to buffalo.

YardRat
02-04-2007, 09:46 PM
:beers:

Michael82
02-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Good point! Another former Bill that deserved the ring. :bf1:

SABURZFAN
02-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Got to give out huge props to Bill Polian. The man knows how to construct winners. Just think what the Bills would have been like had he never been fired. We probably would never have had the "punt catcher" or TD. This team may have actually won SB with Doug Flutie. Ralph Wilson didn't understand what he had. Was it Polian's fault? Yes. But RW's meddling cost this football dearly.

ditto.........

DynaPaul
02-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Seems no one wins the ring in Buffalo. They all gotta go elsewhere to get it. When's karma gonna turn around for us?

Mr. Cynical
02-05-2007, 12:42 AM
Should've been here to bring it to Buffalo. :sigh:

Carlton Bailey
02-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Good job, Ralph. Moron fires the best GM in football.

Night Train
02-05-2007, 04:58 AM
Yup. Dumbest move the Bills ever made was firing Polian.

Now he finally gets the hardware. Good for him. :bf1:

Historian
02-05-2007, 05:14 AM
I agree.

Ralph's his own worst enemy at times.

It's not like we've never had the players, or the coaches.

We've had all kinds of HOFers pass through here.

And now another relocated franchise wins a world title.

Sad.

Dr. Lecter
02-05-2007, 07:26 AM
For all of you guys ripping Ralph:

What would you do if someboday called your daughter a "****ing *****"?

DraftBoy
02-05-2007, 07:29 AM
For all of you guys ripping Ralph:

What would you do if someboday called your daughter a "****ing *****"?

Fire them just like Ralph did, Polian crossed a line he had to go.

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 07:36 AM

We would have NEVER had Flutie on this team (and that would have been a good thing!) Polian talked Ralph out of drafting flutie #1 overall. Thank God because he drafted Bruce Smith instead!

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Fire them just like Ralph did, Polian crossed a line he had to go.

And thats HORRIBLE management. Now we see why the Franchise has never won a superbowl. I would have told my daughter to STFU and stay out of Bills way. I would have told Bill not to do it again or else, and we would have ended the BS right there.

Firing Bill polian shows how bad Ralph manages things. He has to leave his personal ego out of it.

Jan Reimers
02-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Congratulations to Bill Polian, one of the best minds in football.

I just hope Marv and Ralph get one, too.

DraftBoy
02-05-2007, 07:49 AM
And thats HORRIBLE management. Now we see why the Franchise has never won a superbowl. I would have told my daughter to STFU and stay out of Bills way. I would have told Bill not to do it again or else, and we would have ended the BS right there.

Firing Bill polian shows how bad Ralph manages things. He has to leave his personal ego out of it.

Sorry I dont believe that for one second. No way I can see any poster here honestly telling their daughter to STFU and take being called a ***** *****? I just dont buy that, not for one second. Polian crossed a line and he got what he deserved. It was sad to see him go, but you dont do what he did. Congrats to him on his ring, and I wish him nothing but the best.

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Sorry I dont believe that for one second. No way I can see any poster here honestly telling their daughter to STFU and take being called a ***** *****? I just dont buy that, not for one second. Polian crossed a line and he got what he deserved. It was sad to see him go, but you dont do what he did. Congrats to him on his ring, and I wish him nothing but the best.

Well then you don't know me. If my daughter is being a *****, and ralphs daughter IS, and she is pissing off the guy building me a winning superbowl team to the point he calls her one...I tell her to STFU. Granted I repremand Bill for that, but firing him was stupid.

Ralphs ego has cost us the best GM in the last nearly two decades. BAD business decision and we fans have paid for it every year.

DraftBoy
02-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Well then you don't know me. If my daughter is being a *****, and ralphs daughter IS, and she is pissing off the guy building me a winning superbowl team to the point he calls her one...I tell her to STFU. Granted I repremand Bill for that, but firing him was stupid.

Ralphs ego has cost us the best GM in the last nearly two decades. BAD business decision and we fans have paid for it every year.

:rofl: Im glad your ability to see the future is what causes you to possibly ruin you and your daughters relationship. It only took Polian how many years after his firing to make it and win the big one? We have one hell of a soothsayer on our members list here.

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 08:14 AM
:rofl: Im glad your ability to see the future is what causes you to possibly ruin you and your daughters relationship. It only took Polian how many years after his firing to make it and win the big one? We have one hell of a soothsayer on our members list here.

Well unlike ralph I have hopefully taught my daughter better. how old are you again? My daughter is 18 and is doing just fine so I think I know a little better than you on how to treat/ not treat her thanks.

Also BP left buffalo and had Carolina in the NFC championship in just its 2nd year in existance. And over the last 5-6 years Indy has been doing well period. So the facts are in the last 19 (88-07) years Bill polian has built how many teams that have been in a conference championship game? 5 in buffalo, 1 in carolina and I think 4 in Indy? so every other year he has a team in there. And now he has his 5th in the superbowl. I'll take that guy as my GM any day.