• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Bob Sanders

Sanders lacks size, but hits with authority and make plays. I remember the colts picked Sanders with their 1st pick years ago. Donte Whitner almost reminds me of him. I hope Whitner pays off like Sanders has for the colts.
  • cordog
    eat, drink, and be merry
    • Apr 2003

Re: Bob Sanders

Yeah, Bob Sanders is a beast. He's from Erie, PA so I watched him alot in Iowa. I just wished he would have been around for the Bills to scoop him up a couple of years ago. I really thought that he should have beenMVP. Forced Fumble and an INT, plus a couple of big tackles.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kerr
      Sanders lacks size, but hits with authority and make plays. I remember the colts picked Sanders with their 1st pick years ago. Donte Whitner almost reminds me of him. I hope Whitner pays off like Sanders has for the colts.
      I think that Sanders is the guy that the Bills were drafting Whitner to be for them when they drafted Whitner last year.

You saw the difference that a good SS vs a so-so can make for teams that play a Tampa 2 defense in this game: Sanders with his FF, INT and key stops in run support, etc. vs the Bears' SS (who was replacing Mike Brown) who blew the coverage on the Wayne TD and was basically a non-factor, particularly in run support. The Bills obviously expect--and really need--Whitner to be the kind of safety that Sanders is for the Colts. The Colts' defense is an entirely different and much better unit when Sanders and MLB Gary Brackett are healthy enough to play for them, as they were in the playoffs and SB.
      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• ricogarion
        • Apr 2003

He is like a mini linebacker a sideline to sideline turf terrorists. They missed him when he was hurt.
        I'm your huckleberry.

Wyatt Earp: "Been hitting it awful hard, haven't ya?"

Doc Holliday: Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

The only problem w/ Bob is that because he acts like a human cannonball he is consistently hurt and missing games.

D & S Sports

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kerr

Whitner is not and will never be Bob Sanders.

I'll never forget the quote of Kirk Ferentz after Bob stepped on the field as a Freshman.

Paraphrasing he said it was like being in a street fight and having your big brother show up.
            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
              Whitner is not and will never be Bob Sanders.

I'll never forget the quote of Kirk Ferentz after Bob stepped on the field as a Freshman.

Paraphrasing he said it was like being in a street fight and having your big brother show up.
              What? Sanders and Whitner play with almost an exact same style except Bob Sanders is too reckless in his play, which is why he cant make it through a full seaosn. They both hit like crazy, they are both good in coverage, and they both play the run well. There are plenty of similarities, just recklessness is the real difference.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ricogarion
                He is like a mini linebacker a sideline to sideline turf terrorists. They missed him when he was hurt.
                Turf Terrorist

COMING SOON...

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by cordog
                  Yeah, Bob Sanders is a beast. He's from Erie, PA so I watched him alot in Iowa. I just wished he would have been around for the Bills to scoop him up a couple of years ago. I really thought that he should have beenMVP. Forced Fumble and an INT, plus a couple of big tackles.
                  He played his HS football @ Prep w/ my cousins (Tim and Tom Dance), who are good friends of his. I saw him out w/ one of my cousins after he was drafted by the Colts and while he was still holding out (as a second round pick?!!). I'm glad he's done so well, for my hometown's sake.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by R. Rich
                    He played his HS football @ Prep w/ my cousins (Tim and Tom Dance), who are good friends of his. I saw him out w/ one of my cousins after he was drafted by the Colts and while he was still holding out (as a second round pick?!!). I'm glad he's done so well, for my hometown's sake.
                    He is Erie's golden boy for sure. I haven't seen the paper today but I can only imagine his picture is front page news.

D & S Sports

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      What? Sanders and Whitner play with almost an exact same style except Bob Sanders is too reckless in his play, which is why he cant make it through a full seaosn. They both hit like crazy, they are both good in coverage, and they both play the run well. There are plenty of similarities, just recklessness is the real difference.
                      Whitner didn't play too good in coverage against Gates

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                        Not many safeties do, especially rookies.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

No he didnt, but hopefully he'll learn from it and do better next time.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

I'm still just not totally sold on Whitner yet. I only saw him play once in college so I really don't know what to expect from the guy. But watching him this season he doesn't look like a ball hawking safety that will make huge plays happen. He doesn't seem to be that great of a hitter, although he does throw his body at a guy when another guy already has him in his arms, and he missed quite a few tackles this year, I counted five in one game.

Not saying I'm down on him (he is after all, only a rookie), I am just unsure of what to expect.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

I'm still just not totally sold on Whitner yet. I only saw him play once in college so I really don't know what to expect from the guy. But watching him this season he doesn't look like a ball hawking safety that will make huge plays happen. He doesn't seem to be that great of a hitter, although he does throw his body at a guy when another guy already has him in his arms, and he missed quite a few tackles this year, I counted five in one game.

Not saying I'm down on him (he is after all, only a rookie), I am just unsure of what to expect.
                              He is not a ballhawk, he will make plays on the ball though. He probably wont ever lead the team in picks, but he has solid coverage skills and his best quality is his hitting. I think thats a big reason we took Ko in round 4 as he is more of a ballhawk.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X