• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

2007 Strength of Schedule

Look at this...the NFC is so bad that all 16 NFC teams have the easiest schedule for next year?? That cannot be correct.

Team Winning Percentage
    Raiders 0.539
    Bills 0.539
    Patriots 0.535
    Jaguars 0.527
    Titans 0.52
    Colts 0.516
    Chiefs 0.516
    Jets 0.516
    Dolphins 0.512
    Steelers 0.512
    Bengals 0.512
    Ravens 0.508
    Browns 0.508
    Broncos 0.504
    Texans 0.504
    Chargers 0.504
    Lions 0.504
    Redskins 0.5
    Vikings 0.5
    Eagles 0.5
    Cowboys 0.496
    Giants 0.496
    Packers 0.492
    Seahawks 0.488
    Saints 0.484
    Panthers 0.477
    Buccaneers 0.473
    Rams 0.473
    Falcons 0.473
    49ers 0.469
    Bears 0.465
    Cardinals 0.461
    Last edited by Ebenezer; 02-05-2007, 12:02 AM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: 2007 Strength of Schedule

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
      • Aug 2005

The Lions have the hardest sked out of any of them.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

How does the NFL justify giving the toughest schedule to the worst team in the NFL?

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Raiders, but that's a bit absurd if you ask me.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

I don't understand the schedule process, I just know the basics. I think it sucks. They should just make it completely random as to who you have to play outside of your divsion.

Comment

• R. Rich
            • Apr 2003

What's the 2007 record of those teams?

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

The Bears had an easy schedule this year also. This schedule thing is a little absurd.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                How does the NFL justify giving the toughest schedule to the worst team in the NFL?

Under current scheduling guidelines, only 2 games are based on a team's record the previous year. This season, the Raiders play all 4 teams in both the NFC North and the AFC South. Of course, they face KC, Denver and San Diego twice - which accounts to a large degree for the strength of their schedule.

As far as the AFC teams having the hardest schedules, the AFC totallly dominated the NFC in interleague play last season, hence most NFC teams have very mediocre records compared to the AFC.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

Well if you suck and are in a good division then you are bound to have a difficult strength of schedule because you play those teams twice. Look at Oakland, those teams in there division are strong and throw in playing Denver, KC and San Diego twice and based on that alone your strength of schedule will not be your favor since you were a door mat to those teams this year and helped there record.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by don137
                    Well if you suck and are in a good division then you are bound to have a difficult strength of schedule because you play those teams twice. Look at Oakland, those teams in there division are strong and throw in playing Denver, KC and San Diego twice and based on that alone your strength of schedule will not be your favor since you were a door mat to those teams this year and helped there record.
                    Exactly. The Raiders 2 games not preordained by the new scheduling rules are against the Browns and Dolphins - not exactly premier teams.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

The NFC is absolutely terrible. It has been for a few years now.

D & S Sports

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

If the Bills could somehow sneak into the NFC, we would be a powerhouse!

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
                          If the Bills could somehow sneak into the NFC, we would be a powerhouse!
                          NOOOOO! Then we'd make it the SB against the stronger conference and...

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

If there ever was a year where these numbers meant little, this is it. The AFC will still most likely be the dominant conference next year, but with all of the movement expected this offseason, you could see quite a shuffling of teams' record from one year to the next. This should do little good for us... the Browns and maybe the Redskins are the only two teams we look definitively better than, and we play both on the road! Let's hope the departure of Cowher, Parcells and Tiki lightens the load of our out-of-division schedule.... and that we get the Phins in Buffalo for a December game (Jax too for that matter).

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral

Look who's #2. That's what happens when your owner is hated by the league!!

Comment

Working...
                              X