PDA

View Full Version : Some superbowl thoughts in relation to the Bills

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 07:59 AM
1) neither team can stop the run consistantly. Yeah great we don't give up big plays, The other team just says screw it and runs it down your throat. Chicago's vaunted D got shreaded last night. I think the cover 2 still needs to be tweaked with a larger DT in the 1 gap to be more effective. yeah yeah I know the normal BS about its getting up field blah blah blah....just in time to see an RB gash you for tons of yards like Thomas did to Indy on that long run. Time to make a 'tweak' in how we defend the run and run our C2.

2) say no to scott! I thought maybe this cat could come in and help us on run D. From watching the game last night, not no...HELL NO!

3) better guard play is a MUST! We better just pay whats needed to be paid in FA and get a top guard.

4) Willis is NOT a good running back, and definately not what we are neeing. All of the RB's last night would hit it hard and fast. He also isnt' the all around back we need. Addai showed this season and through out the playoffs thats the type of RB we need.

5) caretaker QB's don't get it done. I don't care Grossman got there, When it was on the line and a play has to be made, the QB must be the one to do it. Trent Dilfer had one of the best rated Defenses EVER on his team...defending Kerry Collins. Nuff said as for as why that caretaker won it. This team is going to need to let JP open it up a bit this next year if we are taking the next step. But to do that we must take care of #3 and #4 so he can.

RockStar36
02-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Why is it that every single thread you have has to include a paragraph about how much you hate Willis. I think we get the point.

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Why is it that every single thread you have has to include a paragraph about how much you hate Willis. I think we get the point.

Because he isn't a good back, he is average at best. now tell me you didn't sit there and it didn't cross your mind how those other RB's just hit the hole, blocked better and caught better than willis.

he is a weakness not an asset on this team. Until he is gone we arn't going to do much.

RockStar36
02-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Not one time during the Super Bowl did Willis McGahee even cross my mind. I think you need to get over this fascination with him. We know you don't like him. It doesn't need to be included in every post.

DraftBoy
02-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Because he isn't a good back, he is average at best. now tell me you didn't sit there and it didn't cross your mind how those other RB's just hit the hole, blocked better and caught better than willis.

he is a weakness not an asset on this team. Until he is gone we arn't going to do much.

I cant see him leaving this offseason unless he demands a re-do on his contract.

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 08:17 AM
I cant see him leaving this offseason unless he demands a re-do on his contract. Then some that state we are 2-3 more years off are right, because as long as he is here, we won't get the production we need out of the RB position.

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Not one time during the Super Bowl did Willis McGahee even cross my mind. I think you need to get over this fascination with him. We know you don't like him. It doesn't need to be included in every post.

When he is off this team I will

RockStar36
02-05-2007, 08:18 AM
I hope they re-sign him to a longterm deal specifically to piss you off.

I do think it's funny that when anyone rips JP you jump all over them but then you can bash Willis in every post. I guess it's only ok for some people to have an opinion.

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 08:23 AM
I hope they re-sign him to a longterm deal specifically to piss you off.

I do think it's funny that when anyone rips JP you jump all over them but then you can bash Willis in every post. I guess it's only ok for some people to have an opinion.

We all know you are a willis lover and blinded to his very average play. Its sad though when a BILLS fan ( or one that claims to be ) wants a re signing that will pretty much assure we wont' see a superbowl, just to piss someone off.

RockStar36
02-05-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm a Willis fan but I'm completely open to then drafting Lynch and letting Willis run out his contract. I'm a Bills fan first and the team is more important. But you pound this **** to death. Just have a few posts that don't include a paragraph of Willis bashing. It is REALLY getting old.

alohabillsfan
02-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I hate to say this but ICE is right on (for the most part), let me explain! First and foremost we need to improve the O-line, yes they were much improved after the bye week in pass protection but this team needs to run the ball much better we were 26th or so in the league and the people below us draft 1,2,3,4,5 get the picture.

Additionally, I also agree that Willis is not the answer whether or not he plays for the Bills in 2007 remains to be scene but there will be a replacement drafted or FA brought in to compete the best RB is starter period.

With improved line play and more elusive RB (Darius Walker) this team can take the next step offensively and defensively!

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 08:27 AM
I'm a Willis fan but I'm completely open to then drafting Lynch and letting Willis run out his contract. I'm a Bills fan first and the team is more important. But you pound this **** to death. Just have a few posts that don't include a paragraph of Willis bashing. It is REALLY getting old.

I have had plenty since coming back, you are just over sensitive for your boy willis...who is nothing more than an over hyped average back.

That said, care to address the rest of the post or are you going to focus on someone calling willis out for what he is in one small part of it?

RockStar36
02-05-2007, 08:31 AM
1) neither team can stop the run consistantly. Yeah great we don't give up big plays, The other team just says screw it and runs it down your throat. Chicago's vaunted D got shreaded last night. I think the cover 2 still needs to be tweaked with a larger DT in the 1 gap to be more effective. yeah yeah I know the normal BS about its getting up field blah blah blah....just in time to see an RB gash you for tons of yards like Thomas did to Indy on that long run. Time to make a 'tweak' in how we defend the run and run our C2.

2) say no to scott! I thought maybe this cat could come in and help us on run D. From watching the game last night, not no...HELL NO!

3) better guard play is a MUST! We better just pay whats needed to be paid in FA and get a top guard.

4) Willis is NOT a good running back, and definately not what we are neeing. All of the RB's last night would hit it hard and fast. He also isnt' the all around back we need. Addai showed this season and through out the playoffs thats the type of RB we need.

5) caretaker QB's don't get it done. I don't care Grossman got there, When it was on the line and a play has to be made, the QB must be the one to do it. Trent Dilfer had one of the best rated Defenses EVER on his team...defending Kerry Collins. Nuff said as for as why that caretaker won it. This team is going to need to let JP open it up a bit this next year if we are taking the next step. But to do that we must take care of #3 and #4 so he can.

1. Neither team can stop the run. I think the Bears were hurt with some of the injuries. That being said, I thought the Bears D was going to plow the Colts O.

2. I didn't really want to the Bills to get Scott anyways. Still want Briggs though.

3. Duh

5. I have no doubts that JP will open it up this year. At the end of the season they were letting him throw more. He was making better decisions and burning teams deep. It's going going to get better w/ him and Evans.

HHURRICANE
02-05-2007, 08:36 AM

Well I have to defend ICE on this one. Every great playoff team has their RB step up. I can't picture Willis doing that in a big game. I have seen tons of mediocre backs take it up a notch in big games. We have the opposite. When there is a big game he never, ever, show up. PERIOD.

If we aspire to be a playoff team than we need a RB we can count on. Considering Thurman Thomas went in to the Hall this weekend I think it pretty much sums up the weakness in the guy we have.

HHURRICANE
02-05-2007, 08:38 AM
1. Neither team can stop the run. I think the Bears were hurt with some of the injuries. That being said, I thought the Bears D was going to plow the Colts O.

2. I didn't really want to the Bills to get Scott anyways. Still want Briggs though.

3. Duh

5. I have no doubts that JP will open it up this year. At the end of the season they were letting him throw more. He was making better decisions and burning teams deep. It's going going to get better w/ him and Evans.

Yep!! Agree 100%.

DraftBoy
02-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Then some that state we are 2-3 more years off are right, because as long as he is here, we won't get the production we need out of the RB position.

Wait a second....I say that...are you trying to compliment me now?

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Wait a second....I say that...are you trying to compliment me now?

If willis is here we wont' go anywhere. We need greater all around production from the RB position.

RockStar36
02-05-2007, 09:06 AM
For what it's worth, Willis is going to have a huge year this year. It will help the team for sure.

HHURRICANE
02-05-2007, 09:10 AM
For what it's worth, Willis is going to have a huge year this year. It will help the team for sure.

Just posted the same point in another thread. As long as we pick up a rookie this off season I think we are in a win/win.

jamze132
02-05-2007, 09:12 AM
If Willis can run next year like he did in his first playing season, then I will be ok with re-signing him. But if he continues to play like he did this year, then he must go. We simply need more production from the RB position, reguardless of who's back there.

And for the record, getting rid of Tim Anderson will make everyone on the team look better.

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 09:17 AM
For what its worth, no he wont. He isn't that type of back.

TacklingDummy
02-05-2007, 02:07 PM

Bills hater.

Go play with your JP doll.

Adrian Peterson will never be a Bill. And whoever picks the next Ki-Jana Carter will be sorry. :bandwagon

RockStar36
02-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Is it true that Peterson hurt himself by showboating and diving in the end zone?

RockStar36
02-05-2007, 02:10 PM

You're wrong.

You've been saying all along that when he really wants to play (against the Jets) that he runs all over them.

You don't think he won't do that so he can score a huge payday?

Don't be so blind.

TacklingDummy
02-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Is it true that Peterson hurt himself by showboating and diving in the end zone?

Yep, broke his collar bone.

Jan Reimers
02-05-2007, 03:06 PM
I guess we always need one Bills' player that we can flog endlessly, until the dead horse is flailed into horsemeat. It was JP. Now it's Willis. I don't much like him, either, but the endless speculation and pointless arguments about his future here do get a little tiresome.

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 03:13 PM

No its not. All you have to do is watch the video he was diving to get the TD. See unlike most AD doesn't showboat. he works his butt off, keeps his mouth shut and shows up and just performs. Humility is a word easilly associated with AD.

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Yep, broke his collar bone.By trying to score a TD for his team. it happens.