The Bills could be in the 2008 Super Bowl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

The Bills could be in the 2008 Super Bowl.

Considering who we played and how we played I don't see any reason that the Bills can't make it to the big game next year. That was one of the most mediocre Super Bowls that I have seen in a while. We are not very far away and here's why:

1) McGahee most likely will not be traded. He won't be extended either which means he knows that he has to run like he's never run before. We will get the best season out of him this year which can't hurt us.

2) We are going to be better on D. We can talk all we want about who, where, and when but Jauron and Levy aren't stupid. They watched the same games we did. The D will be better.

3) Our Offense was so stripped down the first half of the season that we were lucky to win any games before the bye. I applaud them for having the balls to bring JP along the way he should have been the year before. However, it cost us games for sure. This year they will open up the play book and that will help us win games.

4) Dick Jauron is a very good coach and he has a very good group of assistants. The year that Chicago went 13-3 most thought they were an 8-8 team talent wise. Dick is going to win us games with the more talent we give him.

The Pats aren't going anywhere and they are our biggest challenge getting out of the AFC east. But they are not the same invincible team from year's past. They are beatable. In this league you can be 7-9 and realistically be in the SB the next year. Let's hope it's the Bills.
  • Statman
    • Oct 2003

Re: The Bills could be in the 2008 Super Bowl.

First things first. I can't wait for the Great Pumpkin to rise out of the pumpkin patch next October and bring me my goodies.
    Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      Considering who we played and how we played I don't see any reason that the Bills can't make it to the big game next year. That was one of the most mediocre Super Bowls that I have seen in a while. We are not very far away and here's why:

1) McGahee most likely will not be traded. He won't be extended either which means he knows that he has to run like he's never run before. We will get the best season out of him this year which can't hurt us.

2) We are going to be better on D. We can talk all we want about who, where, and when but Jauron and Levy aren't stupid. They watched the same games we did. The D will be better.

3) Our Offense was so stripped down the first half of the season that we were lucky to win any games before the bye. I applaud them for having the balls to bring JP along the way he should have been the year before. However, it cost us games for sure. This year they will open up the play book and that will help us win games.

4) Dick Jauron is a very good coach and he has a very good group of assistants. The year that Chicago went 13-3 most thought they were an 8-8 team talent wise. Dick is going to win us games with the more talent we give him.

The Pats aren't going anywhere and they are our biggest challenge getting out of the AFC east. But they are not the same invincible team from year's past. They are beatable. In this league you can be 7-9 and realistically be in the SB the next year. Let's hope it's the Bills.
      I like your enthusiasm! Let's get ready for Bills football! Only 6 more months!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Statman
        First things first. I can't wait for the Great Pumpkin to rise out of the pumpkin patch next October and bring me my goodies.
        First off, I hate "pie in the sky" threads. This is not one of those. Everyone here knows that's not the kind of poster I am. Second, I gave you some reasons on why.

I really believe that parity is at an all time high in the NFL.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Good points but it will all depend on if Losman continues to grow and if McGahee will start hitting the hole. One of those two things don't happen and were as good as done.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

I demand a playoff run. No more excuses.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
              Losman + McGahee figure it out = Playoff run
              Losman + McGahee don't = No playoff run.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

I am not going to even begin to contemplate on how the Bills might do next season, until I see during Free Agency exactly how committed Ralph Wilson is going to be to put a true contender on the field.

WE are undoubtedly going to lose two of our best players in Fletcher and Clements to free agency. We absolutely have to go out (and we have more than enough cap room) and sign some free agents who are going to be difference makers.

If we think we're going to replace them two with what we already have now, rookies from the draft or third tier Free Agents, then its going to be another long season.

Not to mention other needs we need to address.

So hopefully Wilson is fully committed to winning this year and is prepared to open up his wallet.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I think we just miss the playoffs next season and then make a good run in 08.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                    Absolutely.. Its been long enough.. we have money to spend.. we have good young players.. and our coaches have had a full year to implement their systems.

5-6-7 wins next year is no longer acceptable.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

How does Ralph spending = success?

There are points to remember:

1. There are 32 teams in the NFL. Other teams will be bidding for the Briggs and Steinbach's.
                      2. Spending big this year can hold the team back in future years. Why overspend for a FA when Ralph can try to extend Evans, Losman, etc.?
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

1. There are 32 teams in the NFL. Other teams will be bidding for the Briggs and Steinbach's.
                        2. Spending big this year can hold the team back in future years. Why overspend for a FA when Ralph can try to extend Evans, Losman, etc.?
                        Stop making so much sense.

D & S Sports

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Drafting well will bring more success than spending alot anyday.

Just ask NE, SD, Indy, Chicago............

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

We are not very far away and here's why:
                            1) I'd say it truly is 50/50 whether he stays or not. Its going to take a bit of crow swallowing by Marv to keep him around. If he can live with it, I tend to agree that he will play motivated football to get the contract.

2) The D will get better. It will either get marginally better, or it will get tremendously better, depending on the nature of the changes, but it will get better. You're right there.

3) A lot of what you said for the offense will depend on what the O line looks like. If there is significant improvement there, we will definitely be further along (at that point, it'll be a matter of where Losman's ceiling is).

4) Dick has learned a lot over the years and it shows. We have two solid coordinators. Agreed.

The Pats aren't going anywhere
                            They are as beatable as they've been since Bledsoe went down... moreso if Bruschi retires and Samuel leaves.

Good post, I'm just not sure all this means Super Bowl, especially in the AFC. Winning in th playoffs is almost never a one-year learning process. That much has become extremely evident. We should be thrilled if we manage to make the playoffs and pull out a win. It would put us in a great position for a run at Super Bowl XLIII. I just think its a bit ambitious to expect us to be there next year.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              The Pats aren't going anywhere and they are our biggest challenge getting out of the AFC east. But they are not the same invincible team from year's past. They are beatable.
                              No offense, but we've said this since the year after they won their first Super Bowl. "They're no longer a dynasty" "Their time is past" "look who they lost this year" "Look at their age", la-de-dah. We still find a way to lose against them almost every time for 4 years straight whether it be heartbreaker or rout, and will likely continue to do so until we can figure out Belichek and out play Brady.
                              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X