PDA

View Full Version : McGahee vs Henry

JoeMama
02-05-2007, 09:24 AM
I think most fans would agree Willis McGahee has been a disappointment so far.

And that's excluding his recent comments to Penthouse, which I thought were somewhat overblown.

Over the last two years, I often found myself asking, "This guy is the reason we stabbed Travis Henry in the back?

Henry ran for nearly 1,400 yards on a broken leg and cracked ribs.

McGahee can't even crack the 1,000 mark with lesser injuries.

On top of that, McGahee only averaged 3.8 yards per carry in 2005 and 2006. Which is "mediocre" - if you want to be diplomatic about it.

Meanwhile, look at Travis Henry's 2006 stats (13 games started).

1211 yards
4.5 yards per carry
7 touchdowns
9 rushes over 20 yards

All this behind a line that's no better than our own.

The main silver lining I see with McGahee is that (a) he's entering a contract year so maybe he'll put forth more effort and (b) OBD is probably going to upgrade the interior offensive line, which should bolster the run blocking up front.

Otherwise, his future in Buffalo seems in doubt beyond 2007.

gr8slayer
02-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Although you can't argue with stats I think McGahee is still the more talented RB. He just needs to pull his head out of his ass and start hitting the holes alittle harder.

Bert102176
02-05-2007, 06:20 PM
I always liked Henry still have his jersey too, and well Willis gives up on plays too much seems to be the Randy Moss type has all the talent but has hs head up his ars

YardRat
02-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I got excited about McGahee and how he performed when he first hit the field, but's it's gone downhill from there. Unlike Thurman, who played his entire career like he had a chip on his shoulder and something to prove, McGahee seems to believe that he proved his point after his first season playing.