This offseason will put marvs words to the test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

This offseason will put marvs words to the test.

First off the talent without character comments. If willis is still on this team with his crap attitude AND lack of performance, marv is full of **** and he really isn't going to back his words.

Second, he said he didn't have the time to rebuild and we need to win now. Now I presume that doesnt' mean waiting another 2 offseasons which = 2-3 years from now. So again with Free agency and the draft I guess we will find out if he is going to be true to his words on this subject as well.

Personally I hope he backs what he says. I know I am sick of losing and being laughing stocks of the league. Some are content to just draft and HOPE things turn out alright. Problem is if you don't supplement with some good FA talent, you get in a cycle of trying to chase your tail.

We will see
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: This offseason will put marvs words to the test.

Or maybe he will be on the team because there is not an upgrade available, no deal could be made or Marv did not want to create a huge gapping hole where one did not exist.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
      • Sep 2003

Unfortunatley I believe this will be a weak FA class because of the CAP space available to most teams! With that said we will have to watch come Feb 8-22 to see who is franchised and who is available.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I really don't think Willis will put Marv's assertations on character to the test. I doubt Marv would have drafted him, but at this point, what choice do we have as far as a replacement? I wish we had an RB other than Willis, but the other needs of the team make that pretty difficult to do at the moment.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          Or maybe he will be on the team because there is not an upgrade available, no deal could be made or Marv did not want to create a huge gapping hole where one did not exist.
          Or he can cut him, draft one in the 2nd round and let the rookie and Atrain go at it since the rookie can't do much worse. And Atrain had somewhat comperable numbers to willis for his time in there.

But then again to leave willis here shows marv is full of **** on his character comments.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            I really don't think Willis will put Marv's assertations on character to the test. I doubt Marv would have drafted him, but at this point, what choice do we have as far as a replacement? I wish we had an RB other than Willis, but the other needs of the team make that pretty difficult to do at the moment.
            Willis is average. Are you telling me we can't find another average back with less BS in the draft?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

If they cut him, I will scream my head off. That would be stupid.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                If they cut him, I will scream my head off. That would be stupid.
                What marv should do is package him with our 3rd and get a high 2nd OR our 2nd to get back into the first round.

Either way he isn't worth the BS and he is very much replacable esp with our offense. I do remember reading somewhere the bills were looking into getting a new back that would be a theat out of the backfield and catch 40+ balls. God I hope so.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  Willis is average. Are you telling me we can't find another average back with less BS in the draft?
                  I'm sure we could, but we also need 1-2 DT's, 1-2 LB's, a CB, a FB and we could use a DE, a #2 receiver and a TE. As much as I'd like someone other than Willis in our backfield, I just don't want RB added to that already-extensive list.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

That is twice today in case anyone is counting.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      That is twice today in case anyone is counting.
                      That took you quite awhile. I would have thought you would be here quicker with your boy being assulted....err the truth being told about him again.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        I'm sure we could, but we also need 1-2 DT's, 1-2 LB's, a CB, a FB and we could use a DE, a #2 receiver and a TE. As much as I'd like someone other than Willis in our backfield, I just don't want RB added to that already-extensive list.
                        DT Draft or FA
                        OLB FA
                        ILB Draft
                        CB mid tier Fa to compete with yobotay
                        RG Free agency

Willis needs to be let go and us draft his replacement

Comment

• RockStar36
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          That took you quite awhile. I would have thought you would be here quicker with your boy being assulted....err the truth being told about him again.
                          Sorry. I was actually doing some work.

D & S Sports

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Even if we draft a RB in the first round I don't see McGahee getting traded. It just doesn't make sense. Starting the season with a rookie RB is pretty stupid. Reggie Bush didn't even play that well the first half of the season.

No, McGahee will play his last season out and leave. That's pretty much a for sure.

The Bills are too close to dick around with a change at RB. We have other issues to address.

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              Even if we draft a RB in the first round I don't see McGahee getting traded. It just doesn't make sense. Starting the season with a rookie RB is pretty stupid. Reggie Bush didn't even play that well the first half of the season.

No, McGahee will play his last season out and leave. That's pretty much a for sure.

The Bills are too close to dick around with a change at RB. We have other issues to address.
                              That's about as right as it gets.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X