PDA

View Full Version : What would it take for you to accept a Willis trade?

Dr. Lecter
02-05-2007, 11:16 AM
With all of the talk about trading Willis, what would you want the Bills to get in return to make it a good deal?

chernobylwraiths
02-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Minimum 2nd round pick. But the defense could use a big bruiser to hit knock people around. The offense could also use some grit and hopefully someone with some scoring touch.

Romes
02-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Don't trade him unless someone offers a 1st round pick. Any thing other than that and the bills would just be selling at the low.

A fair deal would be a 2nd/3rd round pick but I wouldn't make that trade.

JPFBillsFan
02-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Willis is an avg back who makes a low salary...that is what makes him the most attractive is how much he will be on the books for in 2007.....problem is with the cap going up, and all the money around the league no one is in Cap hell that needs an RB...

That being said trade within division 1st rdr, with in conf 2nd, NFC no less than a 3rd

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 11:31 AM
How does anyone in the world outside of Willis, Rosenhaus, Willis' baby mommies, his family or crew think this guy is worth a 1st round pick?

He is an AVERAGE back. I bet we get a 4th rounder for him, maybe a 3rd from a desperate team. I put 2nd rounder because I think we package him to move back up into the first round

Romes
02-05-2007, 11:39 AM
How does anyone in the world outside of Willis, Rosenhaus, Willis' baby mommies, his family or crew think this guy is worth a 1st round pick?

He is an AVERAGE back. I bet we get a 4th rounder for him, maybe a 3rd from a desperate team. I put 2nd rounder because I think we package him to move back up into the first round

I'm not saying he is worth it. But we don't trade Willis unless its offered.

No reason to give him away after his worst season when he'll be cheap to keep for one more year.

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm not saying he is worth it. But we don't trade Willis unless its offered.

No reason to give him away after his worst season when he'll be cheap to keep for one more year.

Sure there is, hes a punk and marv said he doesn't want guys like him here. Ralph has even commented about the clown already. You can pick up a good to average back with less headache and character issues.

Either marv meant what he said or he didn't, we will see.

madness
02-05-2007, 11:47 AM
A high second at least, if not force him to perform on the last year of contract.

HHURRICANE
02-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Take the Jets 1st rounder and give them Willis and our 3rd!!

Tatonka
02-05-2007, 11:59 AM
at least a second round pick so we can get michael bush.

DraftBoy
02-05-2007, 12:00 PM
2nd Rounder at the least, I expect big things from Willis this year

alohabillsfan
02-05-2007, 12:13 PM
There are many options, minimum would be 2nd rounder or as ICE said a trade draft day, I believe it could be a straight up player for player! Bottom line is I really believe he's gone for 2 reasons ( (1), he is not the right back for this offense (we need a player that is quicker and better receiver threat, and (2) he is not a Marv/DJ kind of guy to much me and not enough team! Some how some way he is gone!

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 12:16 PM
2nd Rounder at the least, I expect big things from Willis this year

Why? the guy is average. Can't hit the holes, dances too much. Has to be nailed in the press by the GM to start trying to hit holes and by his HC in the press to get him to block.

He can't catch well, can't block well, isn't a threat out of the backfield. he seems to play when he feels like it (every jets game).

And all of that AVERAGE stat info isn't counting for his lack of character issues that marv apperantly lied to us as being a priority.

the man is at best an overhyped average back and nothing more.

ICE74129
02-05-2007, 12:17 PM
There are many options, minimum would be 2nd rounder or as ICE said a trade draft day, I believe it could be a straight up player for player! Bottom line is I really believe he's gone for 2 reasons ( (1), he is not the right back for this offense (we need a player that is quicker and better receiver threat, and (2) he is not a Marv/DJ kind of guy to much me and not enough team! Some how some way he is gone!

We can only pray this is the case and they rid themselfs of this clown

BlackMetalNinja
02-05-2007, 12:22 PM
A 1st round pick and reimbursement for my Authentic McGahee jersey!

Bmax
02-05-2007, 12:43 PM
2nd Rd pick from the Ravens who should be in the market since Jamal Lewis is on his way out.....

Bmax

DraftBoy
02-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Id take a 3rd and 5th for him

Jan Reimers
02-05-2007, 01:10 PM
A guy with a brain and a modicum of class.

bigbub2352
02-05-2007, 01:12 PM
The only way he is gone is if his replacement falls to 12, or we sign a RB via FA, we r not gonna trade him, with no RBs on the roster, Shaud Williams, and Atrain are bot FA's so we better be lookin for a good backup March 1st, so trade talks can even begin, also then when he is traded, u gotta take a RB day one to replace him, either 1 or 2nd round

Elminster
02-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I voted for a second-rounder, but that's ideal. I'd take a 3rd or a 4th and 5th for him. I think the A-Train and a mid-round running back with potential would work about as well as McGahee has the past two years..

Night Train
02-05-2007, 03:54 PM
The problem is... this is a bad draft year for RB's and a paper thin FA class.

So who replaces him ? DO you throw a fair to good contract at D.Rhodes, after his big game last night ? Would he be good enough for 1 year, while we wait for the RB loaded 2008 draft ?

Saratoga Slim
02-05-2007, 04:03 PM
I want the Bills to win this year and we simply don't have enough at the RB position to do that if we get rid of him. I wouldn't do it for less than a 2nd rounder.

kernowboy
02-05-2007, 04:19 PM
If we could successfully upgrade over Willis this year but I don't think we can

Why?

1) in the draft we have too many other needs
2) we are not likely to get a very good pick for him and even if we package him to move up, we still need a RB
3) the RB class is poor. What we'd spend on a R2 here, would only cost a R3 or R4 next year
4) Willis will have to run hard if he wants to stay in the league
5) the FA class is poor. There's Rhodes, maybe Duckett but who else?

I could see spending a low Day2 pick on upgrading over Shaud Williams with a 3rd down back like Garrett Wolfe or Eldra Buckley but unless we strike gold and we get a Mike Bell clone, then we need to upgrade this position in 2008 only.