PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman or Rex Grossman

JoeMama
02-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Would you take JP Losman over Rex Grossman?

Both were injured early in their careers.

Both earned the opportunity to take over in 2006.

And hell, their names are similar.

Who do you like more?

Philagape
02-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Easy. JP has improved, while Grossman looked as terrible yesterday as he ever has.

hammerbillsfan
02-05-2007, 05:12 PM
A Bears fan at work said to me last night he rather have JP at that point than Rex.

kinigirly
02-05-2007, 05:18 PM
jp in a heartbeat. he breathes ambition and drive. rex throws an interception and just walks off like my bad did it again oh well. i was really nervous about the bears yesterday for the sole fact that i forgot rex was their quarterback before the game. then i remembered and laughed at them

SquishDaFish
02-05-2007, 05:34 PM
JP all the way.

Tatonka
02-05-2007, 05:37 PM
i dont know that there is a single fan or coach that would say rex grossman over jp.

JoeMama
02-05-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't consider myself a Losmaniac.

But two things.

(a) I'd take JP over Rex in a heartbeat.

(b) I think it's absurd that Vince Young made it to the probowl over Losman as an alternate.

I'm very much looking forward to Losman in 2007.

I really want to see him to prove the popularity contest wrong.

gr8slayer
02-05-2007, 05:45 PM
i dont know that there is a single fan or coach that would say rex grossman over jp.
I can think of two.

Bling
02-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I'll go with Losman. Losman didn't have as many TDs or yards as Grossman had (which again I blame on the lack of confidence that Jauron has on Losman), but Losman definitely doesn't hit rock bottom like Grossman knows how to.

Tatonka
02-05-2007, 05:50 PM
I can think of two.

i said "fans".

gr8slayer
02-05-2007, 05:50 PM
i said "fans".
Ah ok. I stand corrected.

gr8slayer
02-05-2007, 05:51 PM
I'll go with Losman. Losman didn't have as many TDs or yards as Grossman had (which again I blame on the lack of confidence that Jauron has on Losman), but Losman definitely doesn't hit rock bottom like Grossman knows how to.
Jauron let Losman loose after the bye.

Bling
02-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Jauron let Losman loose after the bye.
Not really. First week back he gets 15 attempts against at the time the worst pass Defense in the league - the Packers.

4 games with less than 20 pass attempts. That's not letting loose. 4 out of 10 games with less than 20 attempts.

Captain_Obvious
02-05-2007, 05:56 PM
The choice is obvious.

JP Losman.

gr8slayer
Not really. First week back he gets 15 attempts against at the time the worst pass Defense in the league - the Packers.

4 games with less than 20 pass attempts. That's not letting loose. 4 out of 10 games with less than 20 attempts.
Yes really. Consider how many times J.P. went down field the second half of the season compared to the first.

ArcticWildMan
Grossman is probably done. I'll be surprised if he can recover from the dismal performance he had yesterday. No way his teammates trust him.

Bert102176
JP is a hell of a lot better not even in the same class

X-Era
02-05-2007, 06:01 PM

Who do you like more?

Easy, I would take JP Losman over Rex Grossman any day.

Id also take him over Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, Joey Harrington, Eli Manning, and David Carr.

I also like him more than Vince Young, Matt Leinhart, Jay Cutler, Tony Romo, and Philip Rivers

YardRat
02-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Losman. Orton should have played the fourth quarter yesterday.

SABURZFAN
02-05-2007, 06:18 PM

Who do you like more?

neither

DynaPaul
02-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Definitely JP. This isn't even a real question. Who is realistically going to say Grossman?

I said before Sunday that Rex was gonna win it for the Colts. That's how crappy he is,

Bert102176
02-05-2007, 09:16 PM
only a jack-ass would take Grossman, hell he isn't even good enough to be the 3rd back-up on a CFL team

patmoran2006
02-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Easy, I would take JP Losman over Rex Grossman any day.

Id also take him over Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, Joey Harrington, Eli Manning, and David Carr.

I also like him more than Vince Young, Matt Leinhart, Jay Cutler, Tony Romo, and Philip Rivers
I agreed with the first two paragraphs, until you got absolutely ridiculous at the end.

Instead of fighting you about it, I will ask you WHY would you take Losman over Vince Young or Matt Leinart. I'd like to know what you have seen from Losman that tells you he is a better QB than these two guys.

This is a serious question, I'm not starting a fight.

(I didnt include Cutler cause he's too unknown to me right now, and I"m not huge on Rivers or Romo over Losman-- But I want to know more about Young and Leinart)

BillsNick
02-05-2007, 09:36 PM
It's like asking would I rather have $100, or $5.

(Losman is the $100) :snicker:

patmoran2006
02-05-2007, 09:38 PM

Who do you like more?

I would take Losman, mainly because his deep ball is so much better than Grossman's, and that team has great speed at WR and TE.

Actually, Chicago would've been a perfect fit for Losman.

The only thing in Grossman's defense I can say, is that he was 15-4 as a starter this year, that's pretty damn good I dont care how good your defense is.

Goobylal
02-05-2007, 10:03 PM
The only thing in Grossman's defense I can say, is that he was 15-4 as a starter this year, that's pretty damn good I dont care how good your defense is.
Take a look at the Bears' record last year, with rookie Kyle Orton as the starter for most of the season. Yes the defense IS that good. Well, outside of the SB.

Philagape
02-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Bob Avellini can come back and QB the Bears and they'd still win.

TacklingDummy
02-05-2007, 10:13 PM
neither

According to some of the homers on here JP should be in the pro-bowl.

ublinkwescore
02-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I can think of two.
like who?

TacklingDummy
02-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Grossman led his team to the Super Bowl.

Losman led his team to 1 win over a team with a winning record.

So who would I choose? Hmmmm, I choose neither. They both suck. And neither will ever win a Super Bowl title as a starter.

ublinkwescore
02-05-2007, 10:16 PM

Losman's INT-TD ratio is better - 19-14 (Losman) compared to 23-19 (Grossman).

ublinkwescore
02-05-2007, 10:22 PM
why do you insist on groaning me tdummy?

I simply pointed out a fact.

you're garbage.

you should leave.

No one wants you here.

TacklingDummy
02-05-2007, 10:24 PM

you're garbage.

you should leave.

No one wants you here.

I guess it's ok for you to groan me but not for me to groan you.

Just like it's the o-lines fault that JP plays like crap but when Willis doesn't play well it's Willis fault.

Hypocrits.

Attack the post and not the poster please. Thanks.

ublinkwescore
02-05-2007, 10:24 PM
you point out the most lame facts that are so easily defeated that I don't even bother to try to argue with you anymore - it's like arguing with a 3 year old.

I wish the mods or whoever has control over stuff would modify the boards to where if you have someone on ignore, they can't groan or neg you.

ublinkwescore
02-05-2007, 10:25 PM

that wasn't an attack - it was me posting yet another simple fact.

ublinkwescore
02-05-2007, 10:26 PM
I'd bet anyone that if Losman were QBing the bears yesterday, the Bears would have won.

TacklingDummy
02-05-2007, 10:27 PM
that wasn't an attack - it was me posting yet another simple fact.

No, it was an attack.

TacklingDummy
02-05-2007, 10:28 PM
I'd bet anyone that if Losman were QBing the bears yesterday, the Bears would have won.

Yeah, and I bet any money if Vinateri was the Bills kicker instead of Norwood, the Bills would have won a Super Bowl.

ublinkwescore
02-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I guess it's ok for you to groan me but not for me to groan you.

Just like it's the o-lines fault that JP plays like crap but when Willis doesn't play well it's Willis fault.

Hypocrits.

I didn't groan you until I saw that you had groaned me you little girl.

in fact up until I saw that groan, I had you on ignore.

I only took you off so I could return the favor.

hypocrits???

learn to spell smart guy.

you had no grounds to attack any of my posts. when someone gets fed up with your crap and starts on you, you start crying like a little schoolgirl to the mods.

I hope they grow sick of your crap.

you should have been banned permanently a long time ago - not Ice.

Ice isn't infallible, but he doesn't get on my nerves like you do.

Philagape
02-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Why did Bob Avellini get groaned??????? :huh:

LtFinFan66
02-05-2007, 11:12 PM
JP

X-Era
02-06-2007, 07:12 AM
I agreed with the first two paragraphs, until you got absolutely ridiculous at the end.

Instead of fighting you about it, I will ask you WHY would you take Losman over Vince Young or Matt Leinart. I'd like to know what you have seen from Losman that tells you he is a better QB than these two guys.

This is a serious question, I'm not starting a fight.

(I didnt include Cutler cause he's too unknown to me right now, and I"m not huge on Rivers or Romo over Losman-- But I want to know more about Young and Leinart)

Fair enough question, and I will answer without picking a fight.

Vince Young has bad mechanics. The way throws the football is just poor. He makes plays no doubt about it, but I think hes going to get alot of picks in his career with his current mechanics. He makes up for it in his total game with his legs. In a comparison with JP, Id pick JP because our air attack features a guy who consistently gets behind defenders (Evans). We need a guy who has a cannon for an arm with decent accuracy. Young just cant do that with the way he throws.

Leinhart is a classic pocket passer. He also has questionable arm strength. Hes a proven winner, but again on this team with a consistently questionable o-line, a pocket passer would get killed a.l.a. Bledsoe. Also, I again think he wouldnt be able to hit Evans long. On this team we need any real attack we can get on O. We currently have a deep, vertical threat that has proven to be deadly. I woudnt want to have some QB with a lesser arm that might compromise one of the few things we have going for us on O.

jamze132
02-06-2007, 07:28 AM
JP Losman, when all said in done, will have the better career that Rex Grossman did. Grossman's only saving grace was the fact that he rode his defense to the Super Bowl much like Trent Dilfer did, only Dilfer won. I highly doubt that the Bears let Grossman have the starting job without a QB competition next training camp.

ghz in pittsburgh
02-06-2007, 07:30 AM
I can't help thinking that Losman would say "man if I were wearing the C cap on superbowl, I wuld ..." if he watched superbowl. In fact many QBs would think the same way.

But getting to the superbowl is the HARDEST part. Regardless of what Grossman did on Sunday, you gotta give him credit. Same as we gave Jim Kelly credits even now.

Other than that, let's see ... JP is younger, has a stronger arm, is more mobile, has better mechanics, is more durable (compared to Grossman), has same read capability Mmmm who would I choose?

Grossman is more daring, or willing to take a risk. That's why he throws more INTs. I'm not sure that's a good thing, especially for a team like Chicago.

Mr. Pink
I vote for "steamin" Willie Beamen.

I heard he keeps the ladies "creamin"

lol

Jan Reimers
Losman is athletic, mobile and strong armed, with tremendous upside.

Grossman is a nice young man who is good to his mother.

Talk0fNewYork
02-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Jp has a bigger arm, better mobility, and doesn't get shaken as quickly as Rex

ublinkwescore
02-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Why did Bob Avellini get groaned??????? :huh:

I didn't mean to groan you - I was trying to groan poop eater and the page must have jumped or something.

I removed it.

and added a thanks to show no hard feelings.

TacklingDummy
02-06-2007, 10:26 AM
I didn't groan you until I saw that you had groaned me you little girl.

Grow Up.

hypocrits???

learn to spell smart guy..

Is this a spelling contest? To begin a sentence the first word should be capitalized . Again, you have nothing so you pick on my spelling.

you had no grounds to attack any of my posts. when someone gets fed up with your crap and starts on you, you start crying like a little schoolgirl to the mods.

Unlike you name calling me, I did not attack any your posts nor did I attack you.

you should have been banned permanently a long time ago - not Ice..

Unlike you and Ice, I do not attack posters. Ice deserved to be banned and so do you.

ICE74129
02-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Grow Up.

Is this a spelling contest? To begin a sentence the first word should be capitalized . Again, you have nothing so you pick on my spelling.

Unlike you name calling me, I did not attack any your posts nor did I attack you.

Unlike you and Ice, I do not attack posters. Ice deserved to be banned and so do you.

Please stfu already. And while you don't attack posters, you bait the hell out of them intentionally. That is a bannable offense that from what I understand is going to start being more strictly enforced.

and quit acting like a jilted lover going around and frowing on every single post of someone you dont' like regardless of the discussion or what is said. Its childish as hell. So take your own advice and grow up

RockStar36
02-06-2007, 10:45 AM
And while you don't attack posters, you bait the hell out of them intentionally.

Sounds familar.

TacklingDummy
02-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Please stfu already. And while you don't attack posters, you bait the hell out of them intentionally. That is a bannable offense that from what I understand is going to start being more strictly enforced.

and quit acting like a jilted lover going around and frowing on every single post of someone you dont' like regardless of the discussion or what is said. Its childish as hell. So take your own advice and grow up

I rest my case.

ICE74129
02-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Sounds familar. I haven't been baiting anyone. In fact Since I have been back we have been able to debate very well without throwing jabs I thought?

Dr. Lecter
02-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Ok, Ok, everybody we get the point.

Let's get back on topic.

ICE74129
02-06-2007, 10:57 AM
I rest my case. Where was an attack? There wasn't one. Stop being so sensitive.

Kerr
02-06-2007, 11:18 AM
From an objective view, Jp. He's a work in progress and has far more mobility and ability than grossman. I don't think the bears are going to give up on grossman.

Yasgur's Farm
02-06-2007, 11:32 AM
According to some of the homers on here JP should be in the pro-bowl.You gotta quit twisting what people say. Nobody said JP should be in the Pro Bowl. What was brought into question was the fact that Vince Young got in.

As far as QB stats go... Young finished at or near the bottom half of the AFC heep in almost all QB related stats. At the same time, JP was in the top 3rd.

So... I suspect I'll be getting a bunch of crap statements from you like "all that matters is wins". But the bottom line is... A QB WHO FINISHES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HEEP IN QB RELATED STATS DOES NOT DESERVE TO GO TO THE PRO BOWL AS A QB.

gr8slayer
02-06-2007, 11:39 AM
I don't recall "neither" being an option. Man up and choose one of the two options.

BTW, Losman.

patmoran2006
02-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Fair enough question, and I will answer without picking a fight.

Vince Young has bad mechanics. The way throws the football is just poor. He makes plays no doubt about it, but I think hes going to get alot of picks in his career with his current mechanics. He makes up for it in his total game with his legs. In a comparison with JP, Id pick JP because our air attack features a guy who consistently gets behind defenders (Evans). We need a guy who has a cannon for an arm with decent accuracy. Young just cant do that with the way he throws.

Leinhart is a classic pocket passer. He also has questionable arm strength. Hes a proven winner, but again on this team with a consistently questionable o-line, a pocket passer would get killed a.l.a. Bledsoe. Also, I again think he wouldnt be able to hit Evans long. On this team we need any real attack we can get on O. We currently have a deep, vertical threat that has proven to be deadly. I woudnt want to have some QB with a lesser arm that might compromise one of the few things we have going for us on O.
My problem with at least some of what you said is that you seem to be comparing each quarterback to the team they play for more than the quarterback itself.
True. Vince Young doesn't have a Lee Evans to get behind DB's like Losman does. And true, Leinart does have a poorous offensive line.
But in this case at least, going by what your saying I'd actually take Grossman, because he has a Super Bowl team around him.
I think at this point its now fair for Losman to be included in a discussion among the game's best young QBs. Half-way through this past season, I wasnt even sure he deserved to be holding a clipboard let alone running a NFL offense. He improved greatly and hopefully will continue to do so.
But I think that anybody that tells me that they'd rather have JP Losman as the QB of the Bills (if they had a choice) over Matt Leinart and ESPECIALLY Vince Young is being extremely biased.

Bert102176
02-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Can't we all just get along

Yasgur's Farm
02-06-2007, 11:55 AM
My problem with at least some of what you said is that you seem to be comparing each quarterback to the team they play for more than the quarterback itself.
True. Vince Young doesn't have a Lee Evans to get behind DB's like Losman does. And true, Leinart does have a poorous offensive line.
But in this case at least, going by what your saying I'd actually take Grossman, because he has a Super Bowl team around him.
I think at this point its now fair for Losman to be included in a discussion among the game's best young QBs. Half-way through this past season, I wasnt even sure he deserved to be holding a clipboard let alone running a NFL offense. He improved greatly and hopefully will continue to do so.
But I think that anybody that tells me that they'd rather have JP Losman as the QB of the Bills (if they had a choice) over Matt Leinart and ESPECIALLY Vince Young is being extremely biased.I hear what you're trying to say PM... But as a Bills fan (which implies biasness), and considering the playing conditions in Buffalo, and considering the type of character players Marv is trying to assemble, I would choose JP hands down over Leinart or Vincent.

X-Era
02-06-2007, 12:04 PM
But I think that anybody that tells me that they'd rather have JP Losman as the QB of the Bills (if they had a choice) over Matt Leinart and ESPECIALLY Vince Young is being extremely biased.

I dont know where you got your info here.

I compared the quartebacks themselves to OUR team and how they would fit in our team. JP fits our team better than either Leinhart or Young.

I said I would take JP over them and I would, but for THIS team. For Tennessee, Vince Young may be the better fit. Im a Bills fan, and I think JP's long arm takes full advantage of Evans, Im not sure Evans would have the same success if Leinhart or Young was at the helm.

ICE74129
02-06-2007, 12:14 PM
LMAO Pattie wants Vince over losman, that figures.

Billsrock4life
02-06-2007, 02:22 PM
J.P. Grossman is starting to become very inconsistent, but hes still a young QB that has potential.

patmoran2006
02-06-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm not going to talk about Vince Young anymore, becuase if I do homer fans will take it as me slapping around Losman.

Not the case. Im starting to like Losman a lot.. but he's NO Vince Young.

Vince Young will win championships, he has that aura to him.. And maybe Lee Evans wouldnt catch as many 70 yd TD's with him instead of Losman, but logic and PROVEN history shows we'd win more games, and thats what its all about.

Again, not bashing Losman.. there are several more "known" QB's in the league where I'd take Losman over them.. Vince Young just aint one of em.

madness
02-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Thank goodness.

BillsNick
02-06-2007, 04:45 PM

you're garbage.

you should leave.

No one wants you here.

:bf1:

ICE74129
02-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Thank goodness. Exactly the MUCH over hyped vince young is the last thing we need

Yasgur's Farm
02-06-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm not going to talk about Vince Young anymore, becuase if I do homer fans will take it as me slapping around Losman.

Vince Young will win championships, he has that aura to him.. And maybe Lee Evans wouldnt catch as many 70 yd TD's with him instead of Losman, but logic and PROVEN history shows we'd win more games, and thats what its all about.

Again, not bashing Losman.. there are several more "known" QB's in the league where I'd take Losman over them.. Vince Young just aint one of em.For the record, I don't take your admiration of Vince Young as bashing JP... But I don't agree with you that Young has aura over JP. I don't see any more in young than I see in Ron Mexico.

Jan Reimers
02-07-2007, 06:52 AM
I predict here and now that JP Losman will have a better NFL career than both the overrated Vince Young and the mediocre-armed Matt Leinart.

If I'm still around in 10 years, we can debate it some more.

ICE74129
02-07-2007, 07:20 AM
I predict here and now that JP Losman will have a better NFL career than both the overrated Vince Young and the mediocre-armed Matt Leinart.

If I'm still around in 10 years, we can debate it some more.

I second you on that motion.

jamze132
02-07-2007, 07:50 AM
We'll see after next season if anyone would still rather have Vince Young of JP Losman. Losman, IMO, is going to tear it up next year, especially if we get another playmaker at receiver or TE through the draft.

gr8slayer
02-07-2007, 09:18 AM
I knew you two morons couldn't man up.

ICE74129
02-07-2007, 09:44 AM
We'll see after next season if anyone would still rather have Vince Young of JP Losman. Losman, IMO, is going to tear it up next year, especially if we get another playmaker at receiver or TE through the draft.

Hell if he doesn't have to play friggin catch up all the time thanks to our Defense he can light it up more.

This was his first full season as a starter and he made HUGE strides. I think some are going to be shocked to see the improvement he makes this offseason. The hard part is over. The team believes in him, so does the staff and they fully back him. He now knows a ton of the offense is is about to the point he can just go out and execute it.

Signifigantly upgrade RG, the running game (better RB better suited to this offense) and maybe a True #2 WR and JP is going to do some damn good things in 07