PDA

View Full Version : Jaworski Just Said......

gr8slayer
02-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Bills are his suprise team next year. Discuss.

Throne Logic
02-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Yeah! I just caught that. I was thinking it, but I was shocked we got some love from ESPN.

Thanks Jaws!

gr8slayer
02-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I was pretty shocked too. Funny, he mentioned Losman as a reason for his confidence in the Bills. hmmmm.........

JoeMama
02-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Wow.

That's a first.

Now it's time to back it up and make the playoffs.

Show these ESPN gurus we're the real deal.

Carlton Bailey
02-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Jaws is maybe the biggest Losman believer in the media. I believe Jaws worked w/ JP on mechanics, etc. last summer. Maybe I'm wrong..

gr8slayer
02-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Jaws is maybe the biggest Losman believer in the media. I believe Jaws worked w/ JP on mechanics, etc. last summer. Maybe I'm wrong..
Yup. He sat down and watched film with him if I remember correctly.

BuffaloBillsStampede
02-05-2007, 05:33 PM
You are correct about him working with JP and it was very nice to get some praise for once.

Bling
02-05-2007, 05:51 PM
You guys are such hypocrites. In one thread, you love to say "Who cares what the media says?", but the second they look at you, you scream for joy.

I remember the media loving you after that 9-7 season with Moolarkey. I remember the media loving Miami after that 9-7 season. This stuff is beyond way too early.

gr8slayer
02-05-2007, 05:52 PM
You guys are such hypocrites. In one thread, you love to say "Who cares what the media says?", but the second they look at you, you scream for joy.

I remember the media loving you after that 9-7 season with Moolarkey. I remember the media loving Miami after that 9-7 season. This stuff is beyond way too early.
It's Bills related news that was posted on a Bills message board. I see nothing wrong with it.

gr8slayer
02-05-2007, 05:53 PM
BTW

Jauron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mularkey

Bling
02-05-2007, 05:55 PM
It's Bills related news that was posted on a Bills message board. I see nothing wrong with it.

There's nothing wrong with it. There's something wrong with billieving it.

Bling
02-05-2007, 05:56 PM
BTW

Jauron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mularkey
:rofl: I won't argue that.

gr8slayer
02-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Who believes it? I think any fan enjoys hearing possitive things about their team.

The_Philster
02-05-2007, 05:58 PM

Jaws isn't your average media guy
former QB
spends more time looking at tape each week than most players

X-Era
02-05-2007, 06:05 PM

I put little to no stock in the opinions of ANY of the sports commentators.

The only part that I like is that we are finally getting attention again. If that continues and builds enough to earn us some primetime games, then the media will have some purpose in this world.

DraftBoy
02-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Nice to get some love, but I dont agree with him

LtFinFan66
02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Just remember....these are the same "experts" you bash all season long. Just keep that in mind.

gr8slayer
02-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Just remember....these are the same "experts" you bash all season long. Just keep that in mind.
Jaws actually didn't say a hateful thing about us, at least not on air all season long.

Mitchy moo
02-05-2007, 06:22 PM
If these experts pull us some prime-time games and build us up it's OK. At the end of the day, we have to earn our keep and make our good business.

BILLSROCK1212
02-05-2007, 06:23 PM
every year there is that one last place team that comes out of no where and makes the playoffs and I believe that it will be the Lions or Redskins and maybe the Browns

HHURRICANE
02-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Uhhh, Jaws was not a JP fan much like many of the media. He's come full circle.

patmoran2006
02-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Though it seems insignifcant, anything positive said about the Bills right now in a positive spotlight nationally is a good thing, as it could draw some attention to potential free agents.

if the money is the same, a player may want to go a team that a lot of "experts" think are on the rise.

But how any analyst can call any team a surprise or flop team before offseason moves even begin is well beyond me.

TigerJ
02-05-2007, 10:53 PM
The Bills could screw things up in the offseason, but I predicted a year ago that if the Bills made steady progress, I thought they would make the playoffs in 2008. I still think they can.

BillsNick
02-05-2007, 11:22 PM

Shut up.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-06-2007, 03:25 AM
Personally, I like the Jaws (even though he beat me for a GW TD back in HS--I can still see that pass going right over my fingertips all these years later!--and, while I generally don't pay much attention to the media, it's nice that he said that about JP and the Bills.

It just so happens that I agree with him, although my opinion isn't based on anything that he might have said. When I look at the fact that the Bills finished 7-9, losing several very close games, and that they scored 300 points while giving up 311, I can'thelp thinking that it wouldn't take that much for them to improve on both the points scored and points allowed next season. If those numbers had been reversed this season--a difference of just 22 points over the course of the season--they would have won at least two and perhaps as many as five more games and been in solid contention for a playoff berth. I expect the Bills to be better next season and think that that kind of improvement is definitely possible, especially if they have another good draft, even though they have a perhaps tougher schedule this season. It's certainly not impossible. But, it would make them a surprise team to a lot of people out there nationally.

Meathead
02-06-2007, 03:43 AM
:lolpoint: ltbf pwned

ghz in pittsburgh
02-06-2007, 07:11 AM
I guess JP must have signed up with Jaw to watch more films.

jamze132
02-06-2007, 07:35 AM
I have always thought Jaworski was the fairest person at ESPN. And the Bills are the "suprise" team next year.

madness
02-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Though it seems insignifcant, anything positive said about the Bills right now in a positive spotlight nationally is a good thing, as it could draw some attention to potential free agents.

if the money is the same, a player may want to go a team that a lot of "experts" think are on the rise.

I couldn't agree more. Thank you, Jaws.

ublinkwescore
02-06-2007, 09:01 AM
:rofl: I won't argue that.

nice recovery.

ublinkwescore
02-06-2007, 09:02 AM

Can you give us an exact quote??

ublinkwescore
02-06-2007, 09:06 AM
every year there is that one last place team that comes out of no where and makes the playoffs and I believe that it will be the Lions or Redskins and maybe the Browns

so what you're saying is that we didn't finish last - the dolphins did - so we can't be that much of a surprise now can we.

ublinkwescore
02-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Uhhh, Jaws was not a JP fan much like many of the media. He's come full circle.

Umm - I was under the impression that Jaws has always been high on Losman.

HHURRICANE
02-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Umm - I was under the impression that Jaws has always been high on Losman.

No. I heard him on more than one occassion being very critical of him in 2005.

raphael120
02-06-2007, 11:56 AM
actually Jaws isn't the only one who notices what the Bills are doing.

yesterday on Mike and Mike in the Morning, golic stated that the Bills will be one of the teams to make huge strides to make a run for the playoffs next season.

i dont know about anyone else but i am really hopeful for next season...we dont have a crap coach, we dont have donahoe, we have levy and we have jauron, and theyre both well respected. look at the colts, it took them 7 years of being VERY good, winning over 10 games a season, and they just FINALLY won the big one. i just want us to be in the thick of it, earn a playoff spot even. i see next season as being a 3 way race to the playoffs in our division...you have the patriots, of course, but i see them being the same, if not worse..bellichek will soon lose his mind. miami...dont make me laugh, and the jets, if they get some players, theyll be up there too. but i think out of all the teams in our division, we have a really good chance at taking it. we jut need to be able to have a balanced team...our D is making strides, as well is our offense. if they both come on next season, i think we'll be good. give some more weapons on offense and JP will flourish, give us some young hungry playmakers on D and we'll be good also. i think next season...we can only go up!

LifetimeBillsFan
02-07-2007, 01:04 AM
:lolpoint: ltbf pwned

What can I say :idunno: Too true. :ontome: What made it worse was that my Dad and his father went to high school together and had been friends. Jaw's Dad: :lolpoint: :baghead:: LBF's Dad. LBF: :drool:

actually Jaws isn't the only one who notices what the Bills are doing.

yesterday on Mike and Mike in the Morning, golic stated that the Bills will be one of the teams to make huge strides to make a run for the playoffs next season.

i dont know about anyone else but i am really hopeful for next season...we dont have a crap coach, we dont have donahoe, we have levy and we have jauron, and theyre both well respected. look at the colts, it took them 7 years of being VERY good, winning over 10 games a season, and they just FINALLY won the big one. i just want us to be in the thick of it, earn a playoff spot even. i see next season as being a 3 way race to the playoffs in our division....we just need to be able to have a balanced team...our D is making strides, as well is our offense. if they both come on next season, i think we'll be good. give some more weapons on offense and JP will flourish, give us some young hungry playmakers on D and we'll be good also....

Heard Golic, too. I was shocked to hear him being so complimentary of the Bills.

And, for the most part, I agree with what you said. Because the Bills are still a very young team--and, as a result, are likely to still be a bit inconsistent--and will be playing an extremely tough schedule, I don't know if they will be improved enough to make the playoffs next season in the tough AFC, but I do think that they will be better and in the thick of the fight.

As for the Jets, I think that they had two big advantages over the Bills this season that will not work as much in their favor next year: they had a significantly easier schedule this year and, with Pennington returning to form, they played the whole season with a playoff tested veteran starting for them at QB. Their schedule next season will be almost as tough as the Bills' schedule figures to be and might be tougher. And, as JP Losman continues to develop and mature as a QB, Pennington's advantage in experience will lessen and be compensated for by Losman's advantage in physical ability (arm strength, mobility). The Jets are still going to be "players" in the division and the AFC East is always going to be a tough division, but the Bills will do have a chance to move up as they improve. One advantage that they will have is that, by playing against tough schedules, the Bills young players better prepared to face the kind of tough opposition that they would meet once they get into the playoffs.

Meathead
02-07-2007, 02:52 PM
hey my big claim to fame is i tried to ask janet jackson out on a date once. i didnt even know it was her either! i found myself alone backstage at mgm in fl and tried to pick up this smokin black girl. we had a nice chat for about four minutes and just as i was working up to see if she wanted to go do sumpin some gay guy rushed up and whisked her away like i was some ex con or something. lol but totally true. i found out later it was janet

:lolpoint: mh pwned by a gay guy

Voltron
02-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Just remember....these are the same "experts" you bash all season long. Just keep that in mind. This is also the same media that said the Dolphins would be a Super Bowl contender last season

:evil:

Voltron
02-07-2007, 05:29 PM
hey my big claim to fame is i tried to ask janet jackson out on a date once. i didnt even know it was her either! i found myself alone backstage at mgm in fl and tried to pick up this smokin black girl. we had a nice chat for about four minutes and just as i was working up to see if she wanted to go do sumpin some gay guy rushed up and whisked her away like i was some ex con or something. lol but totally true. i found out later it was janet

:lolpoint: mh pwned by a gay guy
I was interviewing the band called "The Melvins" at a show in Utica one time behind the Utica Aud. They were opening for Reverend Horton Heat and White Zombie (God I am dating my self here :snicker: ) So the Melvins we being dicks to us and we ended the interview kind of early because it really wasn't going well. Some guy in a baseball cap and a ripped T-shirt came up to us and we started talking about music and being on tour. He was really into showing us all these different knives he had acquired while on tour. After a good 10 min we went in to watch the show and as we walked away my buddy says
"Do you have any idea who that was?" I said ... "prolly some roadie" he says back to me .. "uhhhh not even close that was Rob Zombie!" It blew my mind ... I was so used to seeing him with the long hair that when he tucked it up into a baseball cap I just didn't recognize him!

Meathead
02-07-2007, 10:25 PM
you shoulda tried to ask him out lol

Typ0
02-07-2007, 10:38 PM
get a room.

G. Host
02-08-2007, 02:37 AM

Jaws is one of the few media guys I rarely bash even though I do not bash very often. He'd make a good coach if he was willing to spend the amount of time coaches do on job.