PDA

View Full Version : Which commercial was the Bills fan's commercial?

BILLSROCK1212
02-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't remember seeing that commercial at all can someone please remind me of it cas i am pretty sure that I probably saw it i just dont remember it.

LtBillsFan66
02-05-2007, 06:47 PM
wasn't it the doritos commercial?

BILLSROCK1212
02-05-2007, 06:52 PM
wasn't it the doritos commercial?
i am not sure i really dont recall them mentioning anything about him

YardRat
02-05-2007, 06:57 PM
It was the NFL commercial after the two-minute warning of the fourth quarter. Showed all the fans of losing playoff teams lamenting their loss, ended with Brett Favre.

The gist was (paraphrasing) "It's hard to let go...For some, it's harder than others."

BILLSROCK1212
02-05-2007, 06:58 PM
It was the NFL commercial after the two-minute warning of the fourth quarter. Showed all the fans of losing playoff teams lamenting their loss, ended with Brett Favre.

The gist was (paraphrasing) "It's hard to let go...For some, it's harder than others."
oo.....that was pretty good i liked it

YardRat
02-05-2007, 06:59 PM
http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl/18450

My bad...It was "It's hard to say goodbye"

YardRat
02-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Interesting point....The dude that won the spot was on local radio a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't really give away many details, but mentioned it was about players and fans crying over losses and how he wanted to have a big name player involved...His idea was Dick Butkus, but the league altered the script.

The commercial was shot and wrapped before Favre made his announcement about coming back, so apparently he and others in the league knew about Brett's return beforehand.

Goobylal
02-05-2007, 07:07 PM
The commercial was shot and wrapped before Favre made his announcement about coming back, so apparently he and others in the league knew about Brett's return beforehand.
Not necessarily. Once Favre made his accouncement, they could have dispatched a camera crew to get that shot, that could have been done anywhere (it's not like there was a set for the commercial), or they could have used some stock footage of him.

YardRat
02-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Not necessarily. Once Favre made his accouncement, they could have dispatched a camera crew to get that shot, that could have been done anywhere (it's not like there was a set for the commercial), or they could have used some stock footage of him.

True...I guess I'd have to hear another interview with the contest winner now to confirm or deny that. The tone of the interview and his comments at the time led me to believe he had some 'inside info' that he couldn't share...the 'prior knowledge' was a conclusion I came to after actually seeing the commercial last night.

Carlton Bailey
02-05-2007, 07:35 PM
The NFL basically butchered the guy's original idea. If you happened to see his audition, the ad he pitched seemed way better than the one that was aired last night.

Bert102176
02-05-2007, 09:13 PM
that was a sweet one my fav. was the hitchikers though the one with the axe and the other with the chainsaw that was awesome then the one where the last beer was in the ice and the guy through the rock I was lmao at that one but they were my fav's can't forget the Blockbuster one that poor mouse

socalfan
02-06-2007, 12:24 AM
The NFL basically butchered the guy's original idea. If you happened to see his audition, the ad he pitched seemed way better than the one that was aired last night.

I agree...I think they needed to slow it down a bit. They flashed through the scenes too quickly and the camera work wasn't great except for the Favre scene....but...it was better than a lot of the other commercials.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-06-2007, 03:10 AM
http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl/18450

My bad...It was "It's hard to say goodbye"

Thanks for posting this. While I kept looking out for the Bills fan's commercial, as it turned out, it was one of the few that I missed and I'm glad that I got a chance to see it. Thanks!

It's pretty good, but my favorite was the Blockbuster one with the rabbit and the mouse...it really cracked me up!

jamze132
02-06-2007, 07:55 AM
I wish it had the Bills in it.

mysticsoto
02-06-2007, 08:25 AM

I would have added a funny element at the end after Brett Favre...like showing Jerry Rice trying to talk a coach into bringing him back or something like that...

madness
02-06-2007, 08:25 AM
I wish it had the Bills in it.

Yeah, that pissed me off. The guy was a Bills fan and we couldn't even represent. The NFL sucks.

Michael82
02-07-2007, 11:29 AM
that was a sweet one my fav. was the hitchikers though the one with the axe and the other with the chainsaw that was awesome then the one where the last beer was in the ice and the guy through the rock I was lmao at that one but they were my fav's can't forget the Blockbuster one that poor mouse
the mouse one was my favorite because it really told the point in a funny way. blockbuster.com is just a mouse click away. :snicker:

I loved when the rabbit dragged the mouse and then talked about plugging it in. :rofl:

Michael82
02-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks for posting this. While I kept looking out for the Bills fan's commercial, as it turned out, it was one of the few that I missed and I'm glad that I got a chance to see it. Thanks!

It's pretty good, but my favorite was the Blockbuster one with the rabbit and the mouse...it really cracked me up!
That was my favorite. I was dying. You can see it here.... :laughing:

<embed width="448" height="365" src="http://www.ifilm.com/efp" quality="high" bgcolor="000000" name="efp" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="flvbaseclip=2819648&"> </embed>

Michael82
02-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Yeah, that pissed me off. The guy was a Bills fan and we couldn't even represent. The NFL sucks.
Exactly!

Carlton Bailey
02-07-2007, 11:59 AM

According to the guy, he didn't put the Bills in it because the team and the Super Bowl have negative connotations. He doesn't want Buffalo getting made fun of, which is cool w/ me.

madness
02-07-2007, 01:25 PM
According to the guy, he didn't put the Bills in it because the team and the Super Bowl have negative connotations. He doesn't want Buffalo getting made fun of, which is cool w/ me.

Wouldn't have been anymore then the norm. Besides, I could care less what anybody else thinks of my team.

I wish I would I could produce my own idea. If I'd known about the contest in the beginning, I would have definitely tried to pitch it...

The NFL finally grows tired of complaints about the referees and replaces them with...

RoboRef

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10076/robocop3_800.jpg

Here's a few of my starter ideas for the commercial:

Renders all manual measurements and video challenges absolete.
In case RoboRefs don't have a clear line of site, it can sync with all video within stadium range to use highly sophisticated motion detection software.
Coach screaming at ref on a call and RoboRef display shows mute on.
Two players start fighting and are grabbed by two RoboRefs and are poked by an equiped needle in the RoboRef's arm. Postive test issues automatic suspension.
As a pileup insues, RoboRef starts grabbing players and tosses them 15 yards away.

YardRat
02-07-2007, 06:56 PM
If the Bills would have made the playoffs this year, they probably would have been in the commercial.