PDA

View Full Version : What do you feel was hockey's greatest moment?

Mitchy moo
02-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I just watched the Al michaels called 1980 win over the CCCP / Red army, I was 7.75 years old and still remember that day. What a day to love hockey and be an american. http://s4.images.proboards.com/wink.gif

LtFinFan66
02-06-2007, 02:59 AM
that is definitely up there :up: :patriot:

BlackMetalNinja
02-06-2007, 06:47 AM
I was -2, not much recollection for that other than seeing the clip elsewhere. The clearest memory for me was the Stanley Cup Finals, Game 6 against Dallas. My whole family had gone to bed and when Brett Hull scored the goal... I screamed "his foot was in the damn crease" and woke up the entire house.

Mitchy moo
02-06-2007, 06:57 AM
I was -2, not much recollection for that other than seeing the clip elsewhere. The clearest memory for me was the Stanley Cup Finals, Game 6 against Dallas. My whole family had gone to bed and when Brett Hull scored the goal... I screamed "his foot was in the damn crease" and woke up the entire house.

lol.:respect:

LtFinFan66
02-06-2007, 07:00 AM
I won't mention my age at the time in question

OpIv37
02-06-2007, 10:02 AM
I was about a year old so I don't have any personal recollection of that 1980 win, but it was definitely a great moment.

RockStar36
02-06-2007, 10:06 AM
I was -4 so I can't really comment on the Al Michaels thing. It's hard to say what the greatest moment for me is.

I remember the Brett Hull thing very vividly but I can't say that was very great at all.

I remember when Plante scored in game 7 to eliminate the Sens, that was pretty great.

And I remember beating the Leafs to go to the Cup in 99. That combined w/ the Sabres winning game 1 were both great.

And it was pretty great in between periods 2 and 3 in last years game 7 were great, but that quickly went downhill.

Dude
02-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Until the Sabres hoist the Cup, there is no "greatest" hockey moment.

Dr. Lecter
02-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Until the Sabres hoist the Cup, there is no "greatest" hockey moment.

Unless they do it wearing the slug!

The King
02-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Cam Neelys 50th goal in 49 games.

L.A. Playa
02-06-2007, 10:49 AM
The Lockout

RockStar36
02-06-2007, 10:51 AM
The Lockout

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

L.A. Playa
02-06-2007, 10:52 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it changed the game forever

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2007, 10:59 AM
That is a great point ILLA. The new rules would have never come about.

RockStar36
02-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Ah, good point. I was pretty sure you were just referring to the fact that it was completely gone for a year. They are still recovering from it though and it doesn't help when ESPN people consistently rip the NHL for being on Versus, yet it's their own employer who got rid of it.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-06-2007, 11:55 AM
How in the world would Brett Hull being in the crease and the Dallas Stars winning a championship on a goal that clearly shouldn't have been allowed be the greatest moment in hockey?

Right now off the top of my head:

Ray Bourque or Steve Yzerman finally winning a cup
Patrick Roy becoming all-time winning goalie
Wayne Gretzky breaks Gordie Howe's record
Bobby Orr's OT goal to win the Cup
Sydney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin come in after lockout year and give the league an identity
Fred Stanley buys the, well Stanley Cup
Mario Lemieux comes back after cancer
Miracle On Ice
Wayne Gretzky

Worst moments
1. Lockout
2. Bertuzzi
3. McSorley
4. No Goal
5. NHL Expansion

Bill Brasky
02-06-2007, 01:18 PM
hockey's greatest moment is whenever the sabres clobber the flyers.

The King
02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
How in the world would Brett Hull being in the crease and the Dallas Stars winning a championship on a goal that clearly shouldn't have been allowed be the greatest moment in hockey?

Sydney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin come in after lockout year and give the league an identity
Miracle On Ice
Wayne Gretzky

Worst moments
1. Lockout
2. Bertuzzi
3. McSorley
4. No Goal
5. NHL Expansion

Only thing I would add to the worst moments is Ulf Samuelson. The goon of goons.

RockStar36
02-06-2007, 02:01 PM
On the topic of expansion, moving teams out of Canada to non-hockey markets in the US was a horrible decision. I think the NHL needs more Canadien teams.

BlackMetalNinja
02-06-2007, 02:46 PM

Miracle On Ice
Wayne Gretzky

Worst moments
1. Lockout
2. Bertuzzi
3. McSorley
4. No Goal
5. NHL Expansion

I didn't mean it to be one of the greatest moments, simply the one I remember the most clearly.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-06-2007, 03:50 PM
I didn't mean it to be one of the greatest moments, simply the one I remember the most clearly.

Alright, my apologies.